+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill;2615830;
    Wow, I am completely amazed that Mel and Max were in the bottom 2. I haven't been bothering to vote for anyone this season, but that inspires me to do so!
    I'd been giving all my votes to Jennie/Derek, and last night split them with Cameron/Edyta, because I felt like those might be the ones who need them more. I never imagined Mel/Maks being in the bottom 2. I wasn't overly impressed with anyone's dances last night, but Mel was certainly one of the best. But then again, these shows go on popularity first.

I too was surprised Mel was in the bottom 2. I am not swaying one way or another with her- but I am a bit shocked.

Big Brother "Fan"atic glaziersgirl's Avatar

Glad to see Mark's hard work is paying off and he is staying another week. IMHO those who are "professionals" like Cheetah Girls and Spice Girls SHOULD know how to dance, whatever the genre (hiphop, ballroom) etc. For those who aren't professionals, and managing to hold their own, I give them a ton of credit...and lots of votes.

What did you guys think of Wade Robson's routine?

I, kind of surpurisingly, loved it. He has always been an amazing choreographer, but after some questionable routines on So you think you can dance I kind of have been a little leary of what he does.

He's back on top in my book I'm so glad we got the chance to see him perform!!!

quality not quantity

Quoting Ms Froggy:Wayne couldn't dance and it seems to me he can barely sing.

Wayne Newton's singing tonight, if you can call it that, was stunningly awful. I dislike that song even when it is sung well, which it most certainly was not tonight. Yeeesh!!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2615879;
    What did you guys think of Wade Robson's routine?

I, kind of surpurisingly, loved it. He has always been an amazing choreographer, but after some questionable routines on So you think you can dance I kind of have been a little leary of what he does.

He's back on top in my book I'm so glad we got the chance to see him perform!!!
    I loved Wade's routine...of course, I'm also a big fan of his anyway! He has such an awesome imagination and talent that is unbelievable!!!

I'm so glad that Mark made it through to next week!

I was scared to death that Marie was going to be in the bottom 2 but am glad to see that she made it through!

Floyd handled himself very well and I think he expected it to happen once he was announced in the bottom 2.

I've seen Wayne perform in Vegas before and his voice hasn't been too good for awhile....he's still a consumate performer but the voice is having a hard time holding out!

I loved your recap JLuvs...Glad to know that you and Blues had a great time!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2615795;
    To be the voice of totally contrary opinion I am thrilled that Cameron got the encore tonight. Do I think he was the best? Nope, but I don't think that they should be repeating people yet and I do think he was the best left of those who haven't gotten an encore yet.
    I was glad to see it again, too. Of all the routines that is the one I most wanted to see again. I think he was relaxed and for the first time really connected with the dance and the difficult music.

I'm glad that Floyd is gone. He was horrible to watch and listen to. Next I'd like to see the billionaire go.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2615947;
    I was glad to see it again, too. Of all the routines that is the one I most wanted to see again. I think he was relaxed and for the first time really connected with the dance and the difficult music.

I'm glad that Floyd is gone. He was horrible to watch and listen to. Next I'd like to see the billionaire go.
    Though I didn't realize Mark was that popular so I think he's going to stick around for awhile. But of all the dancers left I think he does deserve to go next because like Floyd it's only a matter of time. I just don't think he's that good and don't see him getting better at all The only couples that I really want to see stick around for the long haul are Cameron/Edyta (like you and JLuvs I was happy they got the encore; I was really expecting it to be Sabrina/Mark but glad they gave it to someone else), Jennie/Derek, Mel/Maks, and Helio/Julianne. And while I know Sabrina/Mark are great and what this competition is supposed to be about, something about Sabrina is starting to bug me. Don't know what it is but I've noticed the last couple of weeks there's something there that just feels irritating. So I can't say I'd miss them too much if they went home soon.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I think this year's couples are the best so far. And for the first time, the best dancers are staying and lousy dancers are going home early. That's awesome. I just remember that last season the Billy Ray stuck around WAY too long. I love him and I know his daughter is HUGELY popular, but he was the WORST dancer and stayed way too long!

I don't usually care who goes and who stays each week, since I watch for the fun of it, but tonight I have to admit I'm glad Floyd and Skarina went. He really has been a bad sport, and as someone else said (I think it was Shady64), he overestimates his dance ability. Funny thing is, he can be charming enough when he wants to be, whether it's sincere or not, but he apparently chose to have a bad attitude too much while he was on and ended up sinking his own chances. But at least he went out tonight with a better attitude, even if his partner was still a bainshee. And Skarina leaving is always appropriate.

I was also surprised though that Melanie and Maks were in the bottom two, as I felt Jane and Tony would probably be there with Floyd. As much as I dislike Maks, I do think Melanie's dancing has been pretty good so far, and I've been surprised to find she's actually fairly likeable as a personality. And as much as I adore Jane and wish she could be here the entire season, I do think she hasn't improved as much from week to week as Melanie has, so I was surprised by that turn of events.

I'm completely satisfied that Mark/Kym weren't in the bottom two, since he has turned out to be pretty likeable also, and since he has also been improving markedly from week to week. I'm also glad to see that Cameron has lost most of his arrogance from the first show, now that he's had a chance to see this isn't a walk in the park. Without that arrogance, I like him much better, although I can't say I find much dancing ability in him. Marie/Jonathan, Jennie/Derek, and Helio/Julianne.... I never had any doubt they'd be continuing on, and I have no complaints about that.

When they announced that the show's singers and band would be one of the spotlight performers tonight, I kind of rolled my eyes at the tv. With less than 24 hours notice, I can understand that the show didn't have a lot of options, but I didn't think it would turn out well. But I have to admit that by the end of the song, I had no complaints about it, either. I love the song itself -- Miami Sound Machine brings back great memories, great times, and great dancing fun. And the 4 dancers did a decent choreography to it. The show singers aren't all that great, but I decided to look at it from their point of view and be happy for them that after being in the background all these seasons, they got a shot at being in the spotlight for a change. I don't always like the way they perform some of the songs, but many of the best and most popular singers in the past 50 years once started out as background singers who were simply terrible in those positions, but who eventually found their niche and got better with experience, so I can't hate them for getting a chance at something tonight. In their career world, it's a big thing, so no matter what I think of their ability, good for them for getting an opportunity. One thing that almost mesmerized me was how much that girl who sang lead looked like Samantha Harris. She could pass for her sister.

I've never been a fan of Wayne Newton's music, but I loved the segment with him, Cheryl, and Drew. I know Wayne had to cancel his live tour concerts this week because he's having health problems now, and is seeing a heart doctor later this week, so I wish him well and hope he's feeling better soon, and hope he gets good news from the doctor. Wow, Drew's retained his dance lessons well, he looked good out there on the floor with Cheryl again. It was such fun to see them dancing together again. And speaking of Cheryl.... YAY, she left the extensions off tonight, and she looked fantastic again!

Wade's segment. Hmm. Okay. I didn't like it, but I imagine it's one of those things where it was better if you were in the audience live.

Jennifer Lopez next week... can't say that does anything for me, as I've never been a fan, and really don't think she's much of a singer.

All in all, an interesting night, and a few surprises. It's so rare anything on the show surprises me that I enjoyed the experience tonight.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 10-17-2007 at 12:39 AM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread