+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 101

Thread: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

  1. #91
    Ms Ambusher dberk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,461

    Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2616040;
    I never saw any bad sportmanship on Floyd's part. Floyd has said numerous times his main thing was not disappointing Karina. I saw Floyd like others get frustrated and get mad, get over it and come out ready for the next week.

    Floyd could have taken the Master P route and just did minimal amount of work to learn the dances. Floyd worked hard at learning and his frustration imo was with himself and his need to please Karina. I found no "Poor Sportsmanship." I saw a man used to winning trying something new and showing a little human frustration with both himself and the scores. I truly can't say I blame the man frankly.
    Actually I think he pulled a Master Pee during the first rehearsal which made Karina tell him off and walk out. Afterward he apologized, but I'm sure it was because his "people" told him to not because he gave a rat's ass about this show or Karina's feelings. He came across as a jerk and a bad dancer from the start. Thankfully he can still beat men up for a living, because he would never make it as a diplomat or dancer.

  2. #92
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Okay, for all the people voting for those dancers they're happy to watch, bear in mind, there are apparently a whole lot of people who are happy to watch the Master Ps of this world lumber discontentedly about the stage, so no complaining when that fan base gets it's way

    Since my few and far between votes go to who I think dances the best, technically or otherwise, I remain perfectly comfortable in my displeasure that people keep voting for Marie for some unfathomable reason.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  3. #93
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,379

    Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2619941;
    Okay, for all the people voting for those dancers they're happy to watch, bear in mind, there are apparently a whole lot of people who are happy to watch the Master Ps of this world lumber discontentedly about the stage, so no complaining when that fan base gets it's way .
    That's true. Also those of us who don't vote need to not complain when our favorites are elminiated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2619941;
    Since my few and far between votes go to who I think dances the best, technically or otherwise, I remain perfectly comfortable in my displeasure that people keep voting for Marie for some unfathomable reason.
    I might vote for Marie if I were voting. She makes me smile.

    Actually, if I were to vote, I think I might go for who I thought was the most improved each week. Or the one who was trying his/her hardest but will never be a great dancer. It's more fun to see someone improve every week than start out good and stay the same throughout. IMO, that is.

  4. #94
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755

    Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2619941;
    Since my few and far between votes go to who I think dances the best, technically or otherwise, I remain perfectly comfortable in my displeasure that people keep voting for Marie for some unfathomable reason.
    That would be me Rattus...hopefully you'll still love me
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  5. #95
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2620354;
    That would be me Rattus...hopefully you'll still love me
    I do, I do . Unfortunately, I just can't apply to same sentiment to Marie. Or any Osmond, for that matter.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  6. #96
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,289

    Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2618321;
    Thanks, bama! I vaguely remember his dancing now, which was sub par. He probably wouldn't have made it far on the previous season or even this current one, based on ability... but as I've said, you don't win on this show because you can actually dance (unless you're Apolo).

    The sexy clothes are standard attire when it comes to Latin dances. Some of the costuming seen on this show is at times even tame compared to stuff you'd see on real professional competitions.

    I think Drew is a very good dancer and he won. I thought Mario should have won over Emmit. And of course I did not think Kelly should have won the first season. However, Drew and Apollo definately deserved to win.

  7. #97
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,289

    Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2617961;
    His name was John O'Hurley MsFroggy! And to me, he WAS better than Kelly Monaco but he didn't get to wear the hoochie mama clothes like she wore!

    Like I've said before, I'm one of those who vote for every freakin' reality show I watch. I throw myself 1000% into the whole reality experience....I scream at the TV when I don't like who's leaving, I curse the reality gods when it doesn't go my way, I cross my fingers before they announce a winner, my heart beats fast waiting on the announcer....I love it all! Fortunately for me, I have a son and a mom who are also like me but not to the extreme that I am! My SO on the other hand doesn't quite get it but doesn't seem to realize my comparisons to him of how he loses his mind with football games, March Madness, Wimbeldon, etc....

    I vote based on all different things...no, I don't always vote based on talent. I vote because I pull for the underdog, I liked how someone did that particular week, because they were a great childhood memory, because the judges were asses to them....mainly I vote based on loyalty. In the case of DWTS, my votes go to Marie and Mark right now. I realize they are not the best dancers and probably won't last too much longer but they both bring me joy and that accounts for something to me.

    I think Kelly won because people felt bad for her. The judges were really hard on her at the beginning of the show. The soap fans rallied around her. They were pulling of the underdog. I think if the judges had not been so hard on her she would have been voted off. Just my opinion though.

  8. #98
    FORT Fogey skyhigh79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    936

    Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    I disagree. I voted for Kelly because she was far better than John. The level of difficulty in her routines was so much higher. John was classy, but never did much. I didn't vote for her out of sympathy, but appreciation for what she was doing.

    in retrospect, the levels on the current DWTS are so much higher than the first couple seasons, WOW!
    Tahoe bound....

  9. #99
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,036

    Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;2622981;
    I think Kelly won because people felt bad for her. The judges were really hard on her at the beginning of the show. The soap fans rallied around her. They were pulling of the underdog. I think if the judges had not been so hard on her she would have been voted off. Just my opinion though.
    I certainly didn't vote for Kelly because I felt sorry for her. I prefered her dancing to that of John's. I really could just never get into his dances. He didn't move me on a visceral level like Kelly/Alec did. I truly think she was the better dancer, along with really feeling the music and making me feel it as well.

  10. #100
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,268

    Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    I actually think this season is on course for two through now. Stacy and Drew were equal if not better than most this season, and Emmitt, Joey, etc were good the others. Season one was were the stinkers were.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.