+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2616040;
    I never saw any bad sportmanship on Floyd's part. Floyd has said numerous times his main thing was not disappointing Karina. I saw Floyd like others get frustrated and get mad, get over it and come out ready for the next week.

Floyd could have taken the Master P route and just did minimal amount of work to learn the dances. Floyd worked hard at learning and his frustration imo was with himself and his need to please Karina. I found no "Poor Sportsmanship." I saw a man used to winning trying something new and showing a little human frustration with both himself and the scores. I truly can't say I blame the man frankly.
    Actually I think he pulled a Master Pee during the first rehearsal which made Karina tell him off and walk out. Afterward he apologized, but I'm sure it was because his "people" told him to not because he gave a rat's ass about this show or Karina's feelings. He came across as a jerk and a bad dancer from the start. Thankfully he can still beat men up for a living, because he would never make it as a diplomat or dancer.

Okay, for all the people voting for those dancers they're happy to watch, bear in mind, there are apparently a whole lot of people who are happy to watch the Master Ps of this world lumber discontentedly about the stage, so no complaining when that fan base gets it's way

Since my few and far between votes go to who I think dances the best, technically or otherwise, I remain perfectly comfortable in my displeasure that people keep voting for Marie for some unfathomable reason.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2619941;
    Okay, for all the people voting for those dancers they're happy to watch, bear in mind, there are apparently a whole lot of people who are happy to watch the Master Ps of this world lumber discontentedly about the stage, so no complaining when that fan base gets it's way .
    That's true. Also those of us who don't vote need to not complain when our favorites are elminiated.

Since my few and far between votes go to who I think dances the best, technically or otherwise, I remain perfectly comfortable in my displeasure that people keep voting for Marie for some unfathomable reason.
    I might vote for Marie if I were voting. She makes me smile.

Actually, if I were to vote, I think I might go for who I thought was the most improved each week. Or the one who was trying his/her hardest but will never be a great dancer. It's more fun to see someone improve every week than start out good and stay the same throughout. IMO, that is.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

That would be me Rattus...hopefully you'll still love me
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2620354;
    That would be me Rattus...hopefully you'll still love me
    I do, I do . Unfortunately, I just can't apply to same sentiment to Marie. Or any Osmond, for that matter.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2618321;
    Thanks, bama! I vaguely remember his dancing now, which was sub par. He probably wouldn't have made it far on the previous season or even this current one, based on ability... but as I've said, you don't win on this show because you can actually dance (unless you're Apolo).

The sexy clothes are standard attire when it comes to Latin dances. Some of the costuming seen on this show is at times even tame compared to stuff you'd see on real professional competitions.

I think Drew is a very good dancer and he won. I thought Mario should have won over Emmit. And of course I did not think Kelly should have won the first season. However, Drew and Apollo definately deserved to win.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2617961;
    His name was John O'Hurley MsFroggy! And to me, he WAS better than Kelly Monaco but he didn't get to wear the hoochie mama clothes like she wore!

Like I've said before, I'm one of those who vote for every freakin' reality show I watch. I throw myself 1000% into the whole reality experience....I scream at the TV when I don't like who's leaving, I curse the reality gods when it doesn't go my way, I cross my fingers before they announce a winner, my heart beats fast waiting on the announcer....I love it all! Fortunately for me, I have a son and a mom who are also like me but not to the extreme that I am! My SO on the other hand doesn't quite get it but doesn't seem to realize my comparisons to him of how he loses his mind with football games, March Madness, Wimbeldon, etc....

I vote based on all different things...no, I don't always vote based on talent. I vote because I pull for the underdog, I liked how someone did that particular week, because they were a great childhood memory, because the judges were asses to them....mainly I vote based on loyalty. In the case of DWTS, my votes go to Marie and Mark right now. I realize they are not the best dancers and probably won't last too much longer but they both bring me joy and that accounts for something to me.

I think Kelly won because people felt bad for her. The judges were really hard on her at the beginning of the show. The soap fans rallied around her. They were pulling of the underdog. I think if the judges had not been so hard on her she would have been voted off. Just my opinion though.

I disagree. I voted for Kelly because she was far better than John. The level of difficulty in her routines was so much higher. John was classy, but never did much. I didn't vote for her out of sympathy, but appreciation for what she was doing.

in retrospect, the levels on the current DWTS are so much higher than the first couple seasons, WOW!
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz;2622981;
    I think Kelly won because people felt bad for her. The judges were really hard on her at the beginning of the show. The soap fans rallied around her. They were pulling of the underdog. I think if the judges had not been so hard on her she would have been voted off. Just my opinion though.
    I certainly didn't vote for Kelly because I felt sorry for her. I prefered her dancing to that of John's. I really could just never get into his dances. He didn't move me on a visceral level like Kelly/Alec did. I truly think she was the better dancer, along with really feeling the music and making me feel it as well.

FORT Fogey

I actually think this season is on course for two through now. Stacy and Drew were equal if not better than most this season, and Emmitt, Joey, etc were good the others. Season one was were the stinkers were.

+ Reply to Thread