+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 10/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2613908;
    What's up with Carrie Ann tonight? She's the mean one, do they trade off? "Lennie" is being nice.. its scary the role reversal.

Anyways, not sure about the scoring from Carrie Ann but it was evened out to what it should have been with Len giving them a 10.
    PMS?? Hah... I definitely think Len purposefully gave the ten after Carie Ann gave the eight...

Loved them all, once again... Well, maybe Floyd, not so much...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Me too, PK, I loved all of them and most of my comments were to try and find something wrong with their dancing since for the most part I love all their personalities. Except Floyd. He can go.

I am having a hard time with the pass so many were given for the lift violation and Janes reaction. I rewatched it right after Carrie Ann said something and both her feet clearly came off the ground for a beat or two. However, Tony said that was allowed. So clearly the problem is that the show hasn't made their rules clear enough. They need to do that.

I'm really looking forward to Wade tonight and I wonder who the mystery returning celeb dance will be? Any guesses that its Drew and Cheryl?

Harmony2000: Julianne did a great job with her part for this dance but I think she sort of let Helio down. His part was boring and not as intricate as hers.
    I may be the only one that thinks this but Julianne and Karina are my least favorite pros. Both are great dancers but too much ego there. Julianne is starting to come across as if she thinks this whole DWTS is all about her and not the celebrities. Wonder how she would do with a less talented dancer like Wayne Newton instead of one of the best dancers. Helio has been doing great but think Julianne's ego is starting to rub off on him. Didn't like Karina last year and not too fond of her this year. I'll give her credit though she is doing everything she can to help Floyd. Poor guy is trying hard but just can't get the concept of ballroom dancing. I think the pro dancers are an important part of how well the celebrities do, other than that, I'm not interested in how great the pros are.

Who dreams up this music? Most of it has nothing to do with the dances. About half of the celebrities are great dancers this year. Always enjoy how much they improve each week. Love this show.

I keep thinking about the clip where Mark Jr got down and pointed Sabrina's feet in the right direction to SHOW her what is the correct ballroom way of pointing your feet. He also made sure she understood the difference between the hiphop placement of her hands and the ballroom. I wonder if Karina has done this with Floyd? Has she put that neck arm brace thing on him to help him with his posture? Has she shown him.. not just told but physically shown him how to place his feet and hands? I doubt it.

Karina has always been my least favorite pro because her routines are all about her.. because her ego is as large as that dance floor.... because she has a retched personality. Julianne has been one of my favorites but more and more I'm seeing shades of Karina emerging in her and I hope she stops that. Cheryl did it too for a little while but she snapped herself back just barely near the end of her time on this season. I think they just start believing their own hype a little too much.

I just read how the scoring works (it's a little different from season 1)...

In a nutshell...

Judges... They total all the of scores given out for the night, and score each couple as a percentage of of that total...

Votes... Same thing, they use the percentage of votes each couple gets, and adds that to the percentage gotten from the judges. The lowest combined percentage goes home...

So, did anyone get all the scores last night?

As far as Cameron being in danger, getting all nines would make that pretty unlikely... And to make it even less likely, I'm going to go give him 40 votes right now...

Hah.. Correction... 36 votes!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

I gave all of my votes to Cam last night.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55;2613940;
    I know this won't be popular on this board, but Jane is my least favorite. For whatever reason, she has always grated on me like nails on a chalk board.
    I have to agree with you! Jane has a sense of entitlement that proved true last night when she could not admit that her feet did not touch the floor during her apparent lift! It was constructive criticism from the judge. Her attitude was like: "how dare you question me! Don't you know that I am 'elegant,' 'regal,' and 'classy?!' How dare you!" I don' think she is as regal as most think. If she were, she would have kept her well-bred mouth shut and listened to constructive criticism! Her dancing is mediocre at best. She is a step above Floyd in my book with her attitude last night! I am sorry for her mother's passing, but she gets no pity from me! :nono
    Peekaboo...I see you!

FORT Fogey

I started out really liking Jane, but I think the producers have hyped her up to a level that she can't live up to, which is not fair. She's a good dancer. The skill she has from her dancing past shows. But she's a classical dancer which in terms of the show, does not make her wonderfully exciting to watch. And while she's good, she's not one of the very best on the show this season.

To some degree, I think that Jane is believing a bit of her hype. But more than that, I think the producers are so over hyping her, and working so hard to force us to adore her, that they're really hurting her image.

I agree, Tony doesn't help either. He was just as defensive as she was.

I noticed, when Floyd and Katrina were criticized that Katrina was going to say something, but Floyd grabbed and squeezed her hand to let her know it was best to shut up. Who knew Floyd would look like the sensible one and Jane the spoiled one.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose
    It's interesting you say that, because I actually thought quite the opposite yesterday. At first, when they introduce all the dancers, I noticed he and Cuban were the only one dancing with a huge smile on their face. As for the actual dance, it always seems to be like he puts his heart and soul into it (though his technique is sorely lacking). Last night, with the Paso Doble, I just figured he was in character, hence the serious face.
    I noticed that Floyd smiled a lot during introductions, too, DR (though he and Mark weren't the only ones, Helio had a wonderful smile on his face too). I agree somewhat that he seems to put a lot of heart and soul into his dancing -- but his poor scores have been deserved. Hard work is fine but if you're dancing is not good, the scores will reflect it. With a few rare exceptions, his posture continues to be bad, he and Karina seem to be dancing separately and not as a team, he still looks angry when he's dancing, no matter what the dance is, and there's just no joy in him at all when he's on stage dancing. But when I talk about him being a poor sport, I'm talking about the comments he's made backstage regarding his scores and the judges (see the article bama posted), and his comments on camera threatening that his scores better change and stomping off mad, etc. Yes, none of the celebs are ever happy when they receive low scores, but they can choose how they're going to accept their scores and the judges comments. They can be disappointed and disagree but still be mature and good sports about it, or they can be angry and deny it's because they aren't dancing well, while being childish and a bad sport about it. Floyd and Tatum O'Neal are good examples of the latter. His attitude needs to change and he needs to accept some of the responsibility for his less-than-stellar scores.

Quote Originally Posted by maksfan616;2614648;
    I have met him and when I did he smelled and looked great!
    Well, that's great, and I'm very happy for you. As I've said, my experience was the opposite.
    Last edited by DesertRose; 10-16-2007 at 01:00 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread