+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10/9 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: 10/9 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Wayne was the best choice to go and I am glad viewers realized that. Nice run while it lasted.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2605982;
    What is wrong with Seal's voice? That sounds horrible. Oh my word. I've heard him sing this live before and its never sounded this bad. Ouch.
    This is the only song that I associate with Seal, because I saw an interview after it was first release and he was asked what the song means. I was anxious to hear his response, because the song doesn't make any sense to me. He just said that interpretation is up to each listener. In other words: The song is gibberish as I suspected.

I'm probably as relieved as Cheryl that Wayne has left the building.

FORT Newbie

Checking in from lurkerville...

I'm very happy with the result overall. In my opinion, Wayne clearly needed to go. I appreciate his enthusiasm for the competition, and I think Cheryl is a great dancer and teacher, but they were the weakest pair remaining. As for the others:

I think Floyd could theoretically be a good dancer. To me, his main problem is his posture--mainly his shoulders. To me, though, Floyd and Karina aren't all that entertaining, so I wasn't surprised or upset to see them in the bottom two.

Contrast that with Mark and Kym--I think Kym is great, and I think she's a pretty good teacher and choreographer. Mark is having fun, doing his best, and I find him very entertaining. I think he's probably technically the weakest one left, but I wouldn't mind seeing him hang around for another couple of weeks.

Cameron and Edyta, to me, are much like Floyd and Karina. The differences are that I think Cameron is currently performing better than Floyd, and I like Edyta's style more than Karina's. I think Cameron and Edyta are technically strong, but not all that entertaining. I know he's got a big fanbase, though, and I expect he'll be around for a while--which I think is fine.

Helio and Julianne started amazingly strong, and I think got a little burned out or overtrained (at least, he did) this week. I think Julianne is an amazing teacher--I have the same kind of respect for her that I did for Cheryl in the second and third seasons (and I still do respect Cheryl, she just hasn't had a top-tier partner in the last couple of seasons). If they can get back to where they were the first two weeks, they should be in until the late stages.

Marie and Jonathan have been a pleasant surprise--I didn't think Marie would be that good. She isn't the best of them, but her performance skills are top-notch. Her dancing is improving, also. I'd like to see her around for a while longer.

Jane and Tony had an inspired performance. I'm really enjoying their performances--she seems ideally suited to ballroom, but I think that her elegant demeanor provides and interesting twist in the Latin dances, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Sabrina and Mark are good dancers. He's new to the show, and I'm very impressed with how he's done. To me, she's very much like Mario. I was impressed early on, but I began to feel like every dance was more or less the same as the competition went on. I'm feeling the same thing from Sabrina.

Jennie and Derek--I admit it, I'm really pulling for these two. I like Jennie Garth, and I thought that her desperately trying to see him as a "leading man" was really cute and funny. I felt awful when they stumbled last week, and I was so happy for their strong performance in the tango. I thought that their encore was even better--her renewed confidence was clearly visible, and great to see. Personally, I'd love to see her in--or at least very near--the finals.

Mel and Maks are among my favorites also. I love Maks--despite (or maybe even because of) his ego. Mel seems to match up to him well. She's good in ballroom and Latin dances, and I can easily see them in the final.

A rather long essay on the week's results, but that's where I see them. I honestly don't know who I think should win at this point--perhaps Helio and Julianne, perhaps Mel and Maks. Overall, I've really enjoyed the season so far and am looking forward to later weeks.

With Wayne gone, look out FLoyd. He may be the next to go, seems like everyone else is pretty tightly clumped together score wise. Next week should be very interesting!

Hey Jluvs, I have tickets to next weeks taping too! Monday's show! Maybe I'll see you there... last time I was sooooo far in the back it was hard to see anything or anyone
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2606220;
    With Wayne gone, look out FLoyd. He may be the next to go, seems like everyone else is pretty tightly clumped together score wise. Next week should be very interesting!

Hey Jluvs, I have tickets to next weeks taping too! Monday's show! Maybe I'll see you there... last time I was sooooo far in the back it was hard to see anything or anyone
    I will be taking another member of FORT along with me So be on the look out. I am really looking forward to seeing Jenny and Helio.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

I was just curious when y'all said "taping," I thought these shows aired live? Or did you say taping because it is taped for the other time zones?

Yay!!!!!

The voters finally got it right... I think Wayne should have gone before Albert...

I really enjoyed the pros, and I loved Clan Cyrus' duet... That girl is going to be [bold]big-ger[/bold].

I hope Cameron steps up his game enough each week to stick around, but dang, they are all so good... Floyd next, please...

Jennie is beginning to impress me a lot... Loved that Tango, and I usually am pretty cool on the Tango, in general...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Sav, the taping is because it is only live to the east coast time zone. Everyone else gets it on tape. If it starts at 8pm, then it tapes at 5pm in Cali. It doesn't get edited, but they can fix any audio problems, etc.. if they need to.

When you go to the taping, if you live close enough, you can be home before it airs locally
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2605982;
    What is wrong with Seal's voice? That sounds horrible. Oh my word. I've heard him sing this live before and its never sounded this bad. Ouch.
    I've never heard him sing it live, so I was thinking they must have really done some studio magic on that song. I like the song, and was deciding if I should watch that or flip back to the hockey game. The game won.

I'm very happy that Wayne went home this week and I'm very happy that the only two people who've been in the bottom 2 are the ones who deserve it. I personally find Cameron and Jennie boring but Mark and Floyd are the worst dancers. I hope the top 4 are Helio, Sabrina, Jane and Marie. Other than Helio, all the men can go home - which is rare for me, usually it's the women I find boring.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast