+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 10/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2604885;
    Edited to add: Thanks, Aceon, for pointing out some specific problems. I don't get the musicality part, because it seems to me that he is totally feeling the music, and I thought his posture was much better this week. I'll have to pay more attention to some of the other things, I guess.
    I agree that he seems to feel it and tries to hit it hard, but that's part of the problem. If you're 100% committed and are a fraction off, it shows. If you're familiar with dance counting, think of it this way. There's "ONE", which must be exactly on the music, "and-ONE", that has a little wiggle room, and "and-a-one" which is much smoother and is least noticed if you miss. Same is true with the upper arm and hand... you can punch it out or develop it out. If you punch, you better be right.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can understand people not liking certain pros, but I find I seldom really watch the pros and I focus on the competitors, since the show is supposedly all about them. I can just about block out the pros.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2605040;
    Floyd looks hunched and uncomfortable in his skin, when he dances. He does not seem to be as comfortable there as he is in the ring.
    This is what I get from him each week, also. It's very uncomfortable to watch him and Karina because they aren't working together -- she's doing her thing, he's doing his thing, now and then they'll come together for a turn or something, then they're each on their separate ways once again. Although he did finally smile some during his dance last night, he usually has a pained, intense, confused look on his face, and he doesn't appear to be having any fun. The poor posture just adds to that. He's uncomfortable to watch.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Isn't that her fault though? She's the pro and the one teaching him. Shouldn't she be more concerned about him and making sure he looks good instead of making sure she is camera ready with her routine. The look on his face is that of somebody out of their element who isn't getting the couching they need, IMO.

Jennie looks terrified half the time BUT you can tell that she trusts Derrick and that she trusts his teaching.

What is up with all the faces though? After noticing the faces Mark was making (nose scrunched up and tongue out), I paid more attention to the rest of their faces (usually I'm watching the feet and hands) and danged if almost all of them didn't make the oddest faces. Its like they are dancing with their faces or something and they all (pretty much) sing to the songs. That's rather annoying, I think.

I liked several of the dances last night, but Floyd's was not one of them. His posture, movements, lack of extension in his lines, musicality are all off.

Probably his posture is the first thing you notice (and in my case dilike). He is completely hunched over. He's too bouncy and just has bad body lines for ballroom dancing.

I thought Julianne and Helio were scored too low and Jane and Marie too high. There were too many high scores handed out last night. In previous years it wasn't until the end of the season before we saw 9's consistantly.

Jenny's dance was good, but almost everytime she tried to extend her leg, she never quite got there, ugh... as a dancer that is terrible. Knees must be locked, not popped up on an extensions or kicks.

I wonder if they tape their practices and then watch themselves to see where they need to work? Little things I notice: feet turned in, bad extension, facial contorsions (MC). Those things could be worked on, once the celebrity is made aware.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2605235;
    I wonder if they tape their practices and then watch themselves to see where they need to work? Little things I notice: feet turned in, bad extension, facial contorsions (MC). Those things could be worked on, once the celebrity is made aware.
    If you take seasoned dancers, like Jane and Mel B and Sabrina, you can see that they work on their technique. I have a feeling that in the case of most newbies, all they have time to learn and work on in one week is the choreography. We have to remember that not everyone is skilled in learning a choreography. Some might get it right away and have time to work on techniques, while others need the full week to learn the choreography and then some.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've not seen too many people who really dance and enjoy dancing, and get all into it...do it with a poker face. But, there are those robotic few (ballroomers come to mind)...and they are not much fun to watch. Some people may be intimidated by the joy that some people show when they are dancing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2605235;
    Cheetah Girl is the queen of facial contortions.

Obviously, last night definitely was a bad break for Helio/Julianne. I was very disappointed because Julianne usually performs better than what I saw last night.

Wayne/Cheryl will hopefully be eliminated tonight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo;2605307;
    Wayne/Cheryl will hopefully be eliminated tonight.
    It was hard to tell last night if Cheryl was resigned to that, or hoping for it. Whichever it was, in the way she avoided commenting on what she'd work with Wayne on next, it seemed safe to assume that she's planning on being free next week.

+ Reply to Thread