+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 10/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 10/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I don't particularly care for them (Floyd and Karina) but I also thought he did very well last night and was rather mad about the scores. I did notice and comment on the fact that he seemed much more relaxed in the practice tapes. When he was dancing, his leg didn't shoot out as solidly and he seemed softer and more hesitant somehow in comparison to the bit of practice video. However, I do think he did every bit as good as the top scorers and he seems to be a really nice person so... that leaves Karina. I don't see him as being street and he is so much more likeable than Master Pathetic so that again leaves Karina. That's why I say they don't like her. Was it last season that Karina was with Billy Ray? They tore them apart, remember? Now that they are also tearing Floyd apart... its making me think they don't like Karina.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2604885;
    I don't know what their deal is. I thought maybe it was race, but then I remembered how they've fawned over Emmitt, Layla and others. Can't be because of his sport, because they've been nice to other boxers, too. All I can make of it is that he's too "street" for their taste. They're treating him like he's another Master P, and that makes me mad, because he's trying hard, and I find him very entertaining.

I thought he knocked it out of the park last night. I thought he was almost as good as Sabrina, but there were viewers (including some of the people I watch with) who agreed with the judges and thought he sucked, so again, I'm wondering what he did wrong. Was he off the beat? Was he technically terrible, or were there just some minor things that needed fixing?

I thought he was adorable, and I thought he related very well with Karina, too. I just don't get why the low scores, and it wasn't just his week. They've been hard on him from the beginning. More so than other celebs with what seems to be equal talent.

Edited to add: Thanks, Aceon, for pointing out some specific problems. I don't get the musicality part, because it seems to me that he is totally feeling the music, and I thought his posture was much better this week. I'll have to pay more attention to some of the other things, I guess.
    I guess im one of the few... I dont like Floyd and I think the Judges are seeing that hes NOT trying and HE can do well. In my opinion, his scoring is reflective of that, not his skin color, not the fact hes a boxer, and not his partner. Hell, his partner has even told him that hes not living up to what he could be in this. If he goes home, and imo again, he should.. it will be his own damn fault.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I totally enjoyed watching last night. My favorite was Marie with your joy of life. I know I could never do the leg-up-in-the-air-while-in-a-back-bend, but she really seems to enjoy herself. Sabrina is another one who I love to watch.

I thought the judging was really high...maybe too high...ok, for me, some of the 9's should have been 8's and some of the 8's should have been 7's. I thought Wayne's score was spot on. It looked to me like he mostly stood there while Cheryl danced and twirled her skirts.

I was happy that Jenny danced her feet off-what a confidence boost!

Loved the WHOLE show...

Loved all the dances but Wayne & Cheryl's...

I got 40 votes in this morning to help Cam stay in a little longer. I was delighted to see they have gotten the bugs out of the online voting... Now, you can change log-ins from the final voting screen. That made it much less of a hassle..
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

I will admit that I have a very anti-Karina bias. That admitted, I do think the judges may not be a big fan of hers, because of the way she choreographs. I think that her priorities in choreographing are to be entertanining on TV, and to make herself look good. The judges on the other hand are looking for the technicalities of each dance (to a degree) and for the star to look good or show improvement. Since they're going for two different things, I can see her attitude hurting her partners. She got away with it with Mario because of his talent and his willingness to go with her philosophy. But with Billy Ray and Floyd, its not disguised as much because they're more on the same page as the judges than they are Karina.

I think the way Floyd holds his body and jumps around (bent over) is more attuned to street dancing than ballroom dancing. I enjoy this show but am disappointed in the way the judges give points. My enjoyment in the show is how improved the celebrities are each week. I'm not interested in who the best dancers are, most of the better dancers are good from the very beginning, but how good they get as the show goes on. I also think the judges form opinions on the pro dancers and judge on that. The pros are only good (in my humble opinion) if they can improve their celebrity partner. A couple of the pros seem to think the show is about them and not the celebrity.

FORT Fogey

I gave all of my votes to Cam last night. Their phone system seems to still have some bugs though. When I called from my cell phone, it only allowed two calls before it said I had reached my limit from that number.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Floyd looks hunched and uncomfortable in his skin, when he dances. He does not seem to be as comfortable there as he is in the ring. Last night he spoke a lot about the upcoming fight, but did not answer any questions about the dancing. He did love the Jive and that went in his favor, for me.

I thought the hair last night was a hot mess. Whoever is doing those needs to go into another field.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Fogey

I agree that Floyd was a bit hunched over - I wonder if Karina inadvertantly contributed to that. With the jump rope and whatnot, it seemed like she was trying to translate his boxing moves into dancing, which initially I gave her credit for. But it started to seem that he was so into the boxing aspect of it that he could not move from a boxing posture to a dance posture.

Quote Originally Posted by alyourpal;2603968;
    I don't know why, but I am pulling for Cuban. He is the underdog.
    I am too. For some reason, I find him appealing.

+ Reply to Thread