+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Well, I love Wayne and Cheryl is one of my favorites among the pros-but I can't believe they're staying over Albert/Anna. I figured Wayne's fan base would give him an edge, but when he ended up in the bottom two I thought 'maybe not'. At least he's likeable. I'll miss seeing Albert/Anna, who shouldn't have even been in the bottom 2 Oh well, glad that a male celeb went home this week and that all the girls are still in it (along with Helio/Julianne and Edyta/Cameron).

Popularity contest first, dance contest second. Thats precisely why Jerry Rice made it to the finals. And, was Emmitt really a better dancer than Mario????

FORT Fogey

When they announced the field of stars, I had never heard of Albert or Sabrina. But once I read that she was in Cheetah Girls, I knew she would have the kids' vote. Both Albert and Josie come from fields where there is not a tremendous amount of fan support, not like an actor or an athlete has.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2596372;
    Popularity contest first, dance contest second. Thats precisely why Jerry Rice made it to the finals. And, was Emmitt really a better dancer than Mario????

That's what I've always said about shows like this and American Idol-it's all about the popularity, who will keep the ratings/controversy over who the judges like or don't like, and then the actual competition. But we're into season 5, so it's not a surprise to me that this happens. Sometimes the best aren't the most enjoyable or likeable to watch, and that can help someone second best stay in.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2596372;

Well said. And I agree with the other poster, it's the same as AI. Popularity rules the votes..more often than not.

I'd like to think that the majority of viewers are voting on technique and ability and not just who they love (they probably aren't but I can hope, right?). Albert appeared to have more skills than Wayne, however, I wonder if the whole thing with his grandfather and just not doing great last night didn't end up biting him in the butt in the end.

Sabrina, like it or not, has talent and I seriously doubt that its just kids voting for her. Most of the kids who know about the Cheetah Girls are very young and they should all be in bed by the time this show comes on. So I'm thinking a lot of her fans are grown ups..... who could be voting for her because of their kids. But if that was the case.. then wouldn't have Monique have done much better when she was on (as in won)? High School Musical is huge.

Anyways....Cheryl is rubbing me the wrong way this season and I wanted Anna to stay over her.

Still hoping for a female to win this year and I actually got teary eyed over Jane and her situation.

I have to wonder if Albert's class clown routine didn't do him in. I found him to be entertaining, but all his little moves like him and Anna were doing last night when Drew was giving the number to call, or tonight when Tom was about to announce who was going home, might have rubbed some people the wrong way. But I'm still willing to bet that him being an unknown was his undoing.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I know Monique didn't win, but she did quite well in her season (3rd?, 4th?), and I don't think she's as natural a talent as Sabrina. Also, there were complaints that she didn't show enough personality while dancing, of which, (like it or not) Sabrina shows loads. I don't think that being in a popular show is necessarily enough. Most viewers are looking for that special "something" that compels them to dial the phone, whether it's technique, personality or appearance - or some special combination of all three. Reading the boards it's obvious that not everybody is voting on technique and ability.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I was thrilled beyond belief that Mark got another week to dance!

And naturally I'm happy that Marie is still in it!

It looked like Cheryl was more surprised to be staying than Wayne...Wayne is a gracious kind gentleman....Albert has said from the beginning that he knew he didn't have the fan base and I do believe that is what did him in this week.

I was so glad to hear that Jane was going to continue in this competition as a tribute to her mom...bless her heart though..how is she going to bury her mom and practice for a routine this next week??? Tough tough job...lots of air to help her through this rough time!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I thought Albert deserved to stay over Cameron, and Jeannie. Boo Hoo. The only good thing about Jennie staying is that maybe Derek will wack her in the head again.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread