+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoiler**

Re: 10/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoiler**

I don't find Cheryl to bad either, but her outfit last night was HORRID! She doesn't seem as genuine as she was in her first two seasons, but I'm not getting a big ego vibe from her, like I get from Karina!

I'm amazed by the quality of the dancing this year. It sure beats past years. The costuming is not the best. I personally think if Edyta can pull it off, go for it! I did not like Cheryl's outfit. I think she needs her old hairdo-must be like Samson's hair. I don't have a clear favorite yet, but really enjoyed Marie's performance-she really improved!

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2595625;
    Do they release the actual vote totals for the couples? It would be interesting to know who has the most fan support.
    No, they don't, Savh. They always insist that they're calling them in random order and only reveal who the bottom two vote getters are. And even then, sometimes I believe that their wording sometimes allows for those to not truly be the bottom two.. just the bottom one.

But they never give vote totals broken down for any celebrity.

FORT Fogey

Thanks, I did notice that last week they kept stressing the whole random order thing.

FORT Fogey

Wayne and Floyd definately deserve to be in the bottom two with Wayne leaving. I think we are more likely to see Mark go though. The other two seem to have enough fans who are not looking at the dancing.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Out of my 110 votes (5 email addy's, 2 text phones, 2 cell phones and 1 landline ), I split my votes between Marie and Mark....I enjoyed both of them and I really don't want to see either of them go...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

If they do it the same way they did it last week, there will be the lowest woman and the lowest man standing there at the end.

I think it should be Mel B and Wayne standing there... but I'm wondering if it will be Jennie and Mark. Either way, it should be a man going home (if there is any justice in the DWTS world! )

Broadway! I love your new avatar!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Some of the backstage notes from the celebs and dancers after this Monday night show:

Backstage at Dancing with the Stars: What Happens When the Cameras Stop Rolling?
    by Deborah Starr Seibel

When the cameras stop rolling, the brave smiles disappear. Want to know how the dancers are really feeling about their performances on Dancing with the Stars? Watch closely for the first five minutes after the audience files out when family and friends surround them on the dance floor and you see things that would make a grown man cry.

There's Jennie Garth, so disappointed in the tail end of her lovely performance especially after working so hard to get it right being held by her husband, actor Peter Facinelli, who kisses her gently, over and over, on her forehead and on the tip of her nose. He speaks quietly in her ear as she nods, wiping away the tears. "I'm so disappointed that I didn't make that last move," she says later. "It was a great finale to the dance and we worked so hard on it. And it's embarrassing. Imagine falling on your butt in front of America."

There's Mark Cuban, the hardcore businessman, looking strangely vulnerable. "I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow night," says his partner, Kym Johnson, who is dreading the possibility of returning to the bottom two. They both know that no matter how hard he tries or how much money he's worth, it can't make someone who had a hip replacement just three months ago the best dancer. "It hurts like hell," he says. "You've got to have courage to do this because you're naked out there. It's like nothing else I've ever done in business. You can't put your game face on. Everything's stripped away. But I know all the good people I have around me, my family's around me, and that's what's keeping me going."

There's Melanie Brown, looking baffled and defiant after hearing judge Carrie Ann Inaba say that she made some mistakes when Mel B. knows and her partner, Maksim Chmerkovskiy says he knows for certain that she didn't. "She said we messed up and we didn't!" says Brown. "And I'm very aware of when I mess up the steps because I usually mess it up in rehearsals." Chmerkovskiy is even more defiant: "Carrie Ann needs to focus," he says.

There's Marie Osmond's younger brother, Jimmy, beaming with pride as he watches Donny Osmond tell her she was great. "She's going through such a rough time right now," says Jimmy. "She's getting a divorce. So to see her out there dancing like that...? I'm just so proud of my sister."

There's Wayne Newton, taking the time to patiently answer questions when he should be collapsing from fatigue. Newton performed in three different cities last week on top of learning a new routine. "If you complain about it, then that only hurts you," he says. "Nobody else cares."

There's Jane Seymour and Tony Dovolani, fighting mad because head judge Len Goodman said he wanted more raunch. "There's plenty of raunch in me," says Seymour, "but it's not appropriate to the dance. A mambo is not a raunchy dance. But I guess they decided it is this week." Says Dovolani, "Apparently, that's what this competition is turning into: a lot of flash and trash and no quality. And I will not go there. I'm a ballroom dancer. And she's going to become a ballroom dancer. If she wanted to be a hip-hop dancer, she would go to So You Think You Can Dance."
    Click on the link for the entire story.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread