+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 9/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 9/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

bb, you put Dick on this show and I will watch it. . Otherwise I'll be watching Prison Break and Bones this year.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Well, an interesting night of the male celebs. Not as strong as the women's night, but not horrible, either.

Edyta - I wish she would stop plucking her eyebrows so thinly. She's prettier than those eyebrows allow her to look, and I'm always distracted by them. If she would let her eyebrows get a bit thicker, she'd look so much better. Better hairstyles would help, too. Is this going to be the season of the Thong Cam? If these girls are going to wear gowns that loose and low cut in the back, they need to at least wear nude-colored or costume-matching underwear.. the white thong was very distracting. I had to laugh, though, when Tom helped her with that problem after they came over to him after the dance ended. She danced well tonight, even though her partner was weak.

Cameron -- As I type, I can barely remember him from tonight. Very forgettable as a dancer.

Mark Cuban - Was surprisingly charming tonight, something I didn't expect at all. However, I have a sneaky feeling that he might be one of those types who's mood might change from episode to episode. But he needs to stop chewing his cud while dancing -- the tongue and lower lip biting is distracting. And please don't lip synch, it's as off-putting as when some celebs count out the beat when dancing (like Harry Hamlin did during his season). His dancing was better than I expected, but that isn't saying much. ness, you're right, he does look a bit like Roger Miller (the guy who wrote and made the song a hit)

Helio - What a charismatic and sweet personality! And the icing on the cake is that his ego is in check, and that makes any celeb go up a notch or two in my likes and dislikes. And I like that he didn't milk his injured status as past celebs have done to death... even though his injury was legitimate and was actually a newly-sustained injury. A no-excuses attitude, I like that And his dancing was actually very good for his first time out. I think he'll be fun to watch this season.

Julianne's pantsuit was very lovely. She shows that you don't have to show everything to keep the audience's attention while dancing... something Karina and Edyta and some of the other celeb and pro dancers should learn. Her dancing and choreography was as good as last season, and she seems to have matured some since then -- which was something she needed, so it's nice to see.

Karina - Interestingly, she seems to be a bit less caustic and arrogant this season. She's got a lot of past-season attitude to redeem herself from, so I hope she keeps it up. I still don't like her, but I dislike her less this season -- so far. I had to laugh at her during Drew's backstage interviews of other dancers -- in the background, you could see Karina sitting on the couch and her body language made it so obvious that she doesn't play well with other women. When she was sitting there with only other women (Cheryl, Julianne, Edyta, etc), she would actually lean away from them, yet when there were men on the couch with her, she was either draped over them or touching them -- one background shot showed her pushing her breasts against Floyd's arm and another showed her patting Wayne on the knee. Oh, and she did dance tonight also, I think.... her dances almost all look alike to me, so I'm assuming she did ok.

Floyd - Ick, a very unlikeable personality. He and Karina's dance seemed awkward and wayyyyy too forced, and was very uncomfortable to watch. I can see he has some rhythm, but he's so out of control it was hard to see it sometimes. The beginning of that song they danced to was horrible -- they should have skipped the first few bars and gone straight to the rest of it. I can't see him doing very well unless Karina can get him to control his feet better. But she's certainly not the right person to improve his personality.

Albert - This arrogant snotass needs his diapers changed and his mommy to tell him to blow his nose. When he first started to describe himself, I liked that he didn't call himself a supermodel like Josie did last night, but then he lost me again when he called Anna "babe". His ego was in full bloom, and it was not attractive at all. And sorry, but his smug promise of his shirt coming off only makes me want to laugh, and not in a good way. Children are sometimes cute when they pretend to be adults, but he wasn't. Someday he might learn that sexy comes from inside, and what I saw was definately not sexy.

Wayne - His stage personality is nice and is the male personality equivalent of Jane Seymour's grace and lack of arrogance. Unfortunately, it didn't transition well to his feet, but that's okay. For me, this show has never been about who the best dancer is -- it's always been about seeing celebs out of their element and getting to know their personalities while doing it, and enjoying the fun of ballroom dancing. Like Marie and Jane, he probably won't last too long in the season, but he's one of the celebs who make the show enjoyable. And I give him added credit for treating Cheryl like a lady.

Cheryl - Oh, the hair just doesn't do her justice -- not awful, but now she doesn't have a unique 'look'. And that was a horrible song they danced to, I can't imagine anyone looking good with that song. Even Cheryl didn't look her best there. Her joking with Drew about her best partner ever was funny.

~~~
    As for Josie - Her really bad attitude showed almost every time the camera caught her on the sidelines. The eye-rolling and expressions speak volumes about her ego and attitude, and it's a book I don't care to read. Don't let the door hit you in the ego on the way out, Josie.

Broadway, the John Kerry profile comment was great, and you're so right on target!

~~~

I hope that some of these celeb's this season take some cues from Jane, Wayne, and Marie and figure out that you can be enthusiastic and competitive without being arrogant and loud. Those three understand you can be competitive and enthusiastic and still have some class, grace and humbleness in a stage personality -- and all three of them would have more reason to have inflated egos than almost all of the rest. And I'll add Helio in there as well, even though he isn't a big name in entertainment, but his lack of in-your-face ego is charming and infectious. No matter who takes home the trophy each year, I'll take a bad celeb dancer that isn't arrogant and has a good attitude over a great celeb dancer with arrogance any day.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2586742;
    Well, an interesting night of the male celebs. Not as strong as the women's night, but not horrible, either.

Edyta - I wish she would stop plucking her eyebrows so thinly. She's prettier than those eyebrows allow her to look, and I'm always distracted by them. If she would let her eyebrows get a bit thicker, she'd look so much better. Better hairstyles would help, too. Is this going to be the season of the Thong Cam? If these girls are going to wear gowns that loose and low cut in the back, they need to at least wear nude-colored or costume-matching underwear.. the white thong was very distracting. I had to laugh, though, when Tom helped her with that problem after they came over to him after the dance ended. She danced well tonight, even though her partner was weak.

Cameron -- As I type, I can barely remember him from tonight. Very forgettable as a dancer.

Mark Cuban - Was surprisingly charming tonight, something I didn't expect at all. However, I have a sneaky feeling that he might be one of those types who's mood might change from episode to episode. But he needs to stop chewing his cud while dancing -- the tongue and lower lip biting is distracting. And please don't lip synch, it's as off-putting as when some celebs count out the beat when dancing (like Harry Hamlin did during his season). His dancing was better than I expected, but that isn't saying much. ness, you're right, he does look a bit like Roger Miller (the guy who wrote and made the song a hit)

Helio - What a charismatic and sweet personality! And the icing on the cake is that his ego is in check, and that makes any celeb go up a notch or two in my likes and dislikes. And I like that he didn't milk his injured status as past celebs have done to death... even though his injury was legitimate and was actually a newly-sustained injury. A no-excuses attitude, I like that And his dancing was actually very good for his first time out. I think he'll be fun to watch this season.

Julianne's pantsuit was very lovely. She shows that you don't have to show everything to keep the audience's attention while dancing... something Karina and Edyta and some of the other celeb and pro dancers should learn. Her dancing and choreography was as good as last season, and she seems to have matured some since then -- which was something she needed, so it's nice to see.

Karina - Interestingly, she seems to be a bit less caustic and arrogant this season. She's got a lot of past-season attitude to redeem herself from, so I hope she keeps it up. I still don't like her, but I dislike her less this season -- so far. I had to laugh at her during Drew's backstage interviews of other dancers -- in the background, you could see Karina sitting on the couch and her body language made it so obvious that she doesn't play well with other women. When she was sitting there with only other women (Cheryl, Julianne, Edyta, etc), she would actually lean away from them, yet when there were men on the couch with her, she was either draped over them or touching them -- one background shot showed her pushing her breasts against Floyd's arm and another showed her patting Wayne on the knee. Oh, and she did dance tonight also, I think.... her dances almost all look alike to me, so I'm assuming she did ok.

Floyd - Ick, a very unlikeable personality. He and Karina's dance seemed awkward and wayyyyy too forced, and was very uncomfortable to watch. I can see he has some rhythm, but he's so out of control it was hard to see it sometimes. The beginning of that song they danced to was horrible -- they should have skipped the first few bars and gone straight to the rest of it. I can't see him doing very well unless Karina can get him to control his feet better. But she's certainly not the right person to improve his personality.

Albert - This arrogant snotass needs his diapers changed and his mommy to tell him to blow his nose. When he first started to describe himself, I liked that he didn't call himself a supermodel like Josie did last night, but then he lost me again when he called Anna "babe". His ego was in full bloom, and it was not attractive at all. And sorry, but his smug promise of his shirt coming off only makes me want to laugh, and not in a good way. Children are sometimes cute when they pretend to be adults, but he wasn't. Someday he might learn that sexy comes from inside, and what I saw was definately not sexy.

Wayne - His stage personality is nice and is the male personality equivalent of Jane Seymour's grace and lack of arrogance. Unfortunately, it didn't transition well to his feet, but that's okay. For me, this show has never been about who the best dancer is -- it's always been about seeing celebs out of their element and getting to know their personalities while doing it, and enjoying the fun of ballroom dancing. Like Marie and Jane, he probably won't last too long in the season, but he's one of the celebs who make the show enjoyable. And I give him added credit for treating Cheryl like a lady.

Cheryl - Oh, the hair just doesn't do her justice -- not awful, but now she doesn't have a unique 'look'. And that was a horrible song they danced to, I can't imagine anyone looking good with that song. Even Cheryl didn't look her best there. Her joking with Drew about her best partner ever was funny.

~~~
    As for Josie - Her really bad attitude showed almost every time the camera caught her on the sidelines. The eye-rolling and expressions speak volumes about her ego and attitude, and it's a book I don't care to read. Don't let the door hit you in the ego on the way out, Josie.

Broadway, the John Kerry profile comment was great, and you're so right on target!

~~~

I hope that some of these celeb's this season take some cues from Jane, Wayne, and Marie and figure out that you can be enthusiastic and competitive without being arrogant and loud. Those three understand you can be competitive and enthusiastic and still have some class, grace and humbleness in a stage personality -- and all three of them would have more reason to have inflated egos than almost all of the rest. And I'll add Helio in there as well, even though he isn't a big name in entertainment, but his lack of in-your-face ego is charming and infectious. No matter who takes home the trophy each year, I'll take a bad celeb dancer that isn't arrogant and has a good attitude over a great celeb dancer with arrogance any day.
    God I hate the band on this show they butchered the song they did for Wayne and Cheryl. I watch outstanding bands on Letterman and Conan and this group is awful

I found 5 of the guys to be forgettable at best, unwatchable at worst. Helio was the only one who grabbed my attention, and I gave him my 6 votes. Mark was better than I thought he would be, Wayne was much worse, but neither grabbed me.

FORT Fogey

I would rank the men: Helio, Cam, Albert, Floyd, Mark and Wayne.

Mark and Kym - He was quite stiff to me, but I guess with the hip surgery. Now what I didn't get was the outfits and the song. He was dressed like a Hobo and she was all glamed up. I just didn't get it.

Wayne and Cheryl - I just love Cheryl. I stand by my word that she can teach anybody how to dance. Now Wayne was okay, but he looked dead in the face (too much botox). Not to be ugly or anything, but I kept thinking that Wayne looked like we should be viewing him and not seeing him. I thought the song choice was perfect for Wayne and Cheryl and I love Barry White songs, but the singer messed it up last night with the pregnant pause. I think he forgot the words.

Floyd & Karina - This was just plain awful and painful to watch. He was dancing like he was either swatting flies, acting out football plays or something. It was just soo wrong. A score of 18 was way too high for this dance. Karina still needs to work on her facial expressions. Everytime the camera catching her in the background, she has that pissed off look.

Helio and Jualianna - WOW!, WOW! that was awesome. They should have gotten a score of 30.

Albert and Anna - fantastic! I remember her from season 1 with Jerry Rice. They were great. Albert had me cracking up with those dance moves (the sprinkler, the steering wheel, etc.). He's fun to watch.

Cameron & Edyta - He was a bit too stiff, but I thought he did okay for first time out. Edyta dance pieces always look like she doing the most work. I don't see couple's action. She has a body to die for though.

Bottom couple for the guys: Cameron and Floyd

My bottom two were Floyd and Wayne... The others were pretty much interchangeable for me this week... I just enjoy watching them all.

And I think the band does a heck of a job. They cover so many songs so well, and they have to be spot on with the beat, or the dancers suffer...

It's a really fast hour and a half. I could watch much longer...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Well, it's shaking out pretty fast. There are a few gals and guys who don't have a prayer of improving. For some, their age is going to hinder them ( wayne, marie and Jane) and for some their lack of mobility/flexibility (Cam, Mark) and then just plain lack of everything, excepts looks (Josie). So that leaves: Cheetah girl, Helio, Albert, Jenny, Floyd and Mel B. It's possible that Cam and Jane will stick around for awhile, but their physical limitations will catch up with them as the show picks up steam.

I really thought Albert's attitude was all "tongue-in-cheek" I don't think he is as egotistical as some have implied. I think he will be the "joey" of this group. He's obviously flexible and has rhythm. I wonder if Floyd can be controlled? I think he has rhythm, but talk about egotistical.. yikes.

Julianne's choreography is superb. It is amazing how young she is and yet how talented. It doesn't hurt that she is so gorgeous, either!

I missed Wayne's dance, but from the clip I did see. It isn't going to be judges scores keeping him on the show.

Guessing Josie is going home. It was definite "foreshadowing" when the camera zoomed in on her just as Tom was talking about one person leaving. She's had a sour expression since she got her scores.
    Tahoe bound....

I think Wayne's face was frozen from Botox or something. That cheesy grin never left his face.

FORT Fan

i feel sorry that alec wont be sticking around longer. he is a great dancer, as being champion from season one would support but is stuck with people with no fan support or with absolutely no talent (Josie).

+ Reply to Thread