+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by greyhoundmom;2585830;
    I'm a long time lurker to these boards (I got hooked on the Big Brother board) and finally decided to try posting

Am I the only woman who thought Josie had a cute personality (aside from the "I'm a supermodel" comment)? I thought she seemed fun and playful. I'd rather her stick around than a few of the others. Plus - it will keep my husband watching too - I need someone to talk about it to when it's on!.
    Welcome aboard!

And personally, so far I'd rather see at least Marie leave before Josie, and I'm pretty sure there will be at least a couple of men I'd rather see go first.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Of the women, I know the least about Josie, other than that she is a swimsuit model who used to date David Blaine, the illusionist.

I want to make my comments and then go back to read the others. I found most of the woment to be utterly charming. Jennie was so funny and self-deprecating. She wasn't the worst, but not the best either. I think she will loosen up some as the competition goes one.

I thought Josie was cute and funny and it made me want to vote for her, but wow, she couldn't dance! She unfortunately deserved that last place finish.

I didn't care for Sabrina. There was something about her attitude that put me off. She was a good dancer, but part of my problem with her is that this is ballroom and not hip hop.

I liked Marie, but she wasn't a great dancer either. It felt choppy. She is the ultimate performer though.

I'm not sure what I think of Mel B yet.

Jane Seymore was everything the judges said. Elegance personified. She's such a lovely lady. I would think the physicality of the show would take it's toll on her at some point, but I hope she goes far. She was so cute when she first saw Tony.

It will be interesting to see tonight to see how the guys compare. I'm looking forward to this season.

Snoozin' on the beach

I loved Jane and Marie. Got to hand it to both of them that they are out there busting their butts despite the obvious disadvantage. No way could either of them (Jennie included) seriously compete with Sabrina. C'mon, Jane is more than double Sabrina's age and has a bad back. While she may have experience in dance, that was 40 years ago. The only person of the core cast that was even alive when Jane last danced "profesionally" is Len

Still, both of them are all heart and I enjoyed their dancing the most, despite the mistakes. I can't imagine she will ever be able to do the fast ones like Jive and Mambo. I can't imagine the judges will ever be anything less than gracious in any criticism of her dancing either. She just seems to be the kind of person you want to put even bads news as good as possible.
    Last edited by Shady64; 09-25-2007 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;2585379;
    I don't know where you live or what women you look at, but size 12 is the average size of women in this country. Sabrina in my estimate is probably that size or smaller so she is average weight. Julianne and Kym are thin but athletic thin so it looks better and the only reason they have weight is muscle weight. I think Sabrina looks beautiful and I hope she does well.
    Well like I said, maybe the overall average weight of people in the US has gone up so that now when you see a girl like Sabrina, people believe she's of 'average' weight.

I can't say what dress size she is because I don't know how that works. I mean what the heck is a size zero??

Sabrina to me is not of average weight, but abit larger than average for her height. Is she obese? I wouldn't go that far, but she is definitely carrying abit of extra weight, but she carries it well it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2585393;
    You're not saying that she's fat at all.... but then she's close to obese? So... what exactly ARE you saying, TVDude?

And an average woman these days is a size 12. Julianne is tiny, as is Kym.
    I guess that part didn't come out quite right. What I mean is Sabrina isn't fat, at least not yet, just voluptuous. But if she gained anymore weight that she would be heading towards obesity.

As for Julianne and Kym, both are proportional to their height. Nicole Richie is anorexic as is the new Lindsay Lohan. Both of them need to gain weight BADLY. On the otherhand both Julianne and Kym are NOT anorexic looking. They are both probably near their ideal weight for their height and have abit of meat on their bones and both look healthy and fit. Neither Julianne or Kym, or Edyta or Cheryl would I consider 'too thin'.

Again maybe its because the general population of the US has gotten larger on average over the years that people would think Sabrina is 'average' and Kym and Julianne as 'too thin'. If that's the case then the health of Americans is going downhill fast.

There's a difference between "tiny" and "too thin", TVDude. No one said that Kym and Julianne were too thin. Just that they aren't average.

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;2586068;
    Well like I said, maybe the overall average weight of people in the US has gone up so that now when you see a girl like Sabrina, people believe she's of 'average' weight.

I can't say what dress size she is because I don't know how that works. I mean what the heck is a size zero??

Sabrina to me is not of average weight, but abit larger than average for her height. Is she obese? I wouldn't go that far, but she is definitely carrying abit of extra weight, but she carries it well it seems.

I guess that part didn't come out quite right. What I mean is Sabrina isn't fat, at least not yet, just voluptuous. But if she gained anymore weight that she would be heading towards obesity.

As for Julianne and Kym, both are proportional to their height. Nicole Richie is anorexic as is the new Lindsay Lohan. Both of them need to gain weight BADLY. On the otherhand both Julianne and Kym are NOT anorexic looking. They are both probably near their ideal weight for their height and have abit of meat on their bones and both look healthy and fit. Neither Julianne or Kym, or Edyta or Cheryl would I consider 'too thin'.

Again maybe its because the general population of the US has gotten larger on average over the years that people would think Sabrina is 'average' and Kym and Julianne as 'too thin'. If that's the case then the health of Americans is going downhill fast.
    FYI: There is no regulated standard dress size anymore. Because the average weight of Americans has increased over the years, several manufacturers have revamped their sizes and many women who used to be size 12's or 14's are now 8's and 10's. The only way to know for know was a manufacturers "size" is to check their websites if they have them. The only dress sizes that have stayed consistent are the ones on the back of sewing patterns such as Butterick and Vogue. This is a link to the Butterick standard measuring chart: Measurement Chart Even then you have to know if you are a misses, petite, or women. It all depends on body porportion. A misses is considered a well proportioned, well developed female, 5'5" - 5'6". If she is 36-28-38 (bust, waist, hips) she is considered a medium or size 14 in a dress pattern. Believe me that can be a size zero, 4, 6 or 8 in ready-to-wear again depending on the manufacturer. In other words going back to the original question is that a size zero is what ever the manufacturer wants it to be.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2587018;
    There's a difference between "tiny" and "too thin", TVDude. No one said that Kym and Julianne were too thin. Just that they aren't average.
    In my opinion, I think that while Kym and Julianne aren't completely 'average' they're fairly close to it and they're likely at their ideal weight for their height. I see alot of women who look similar to them in public (slender, curvy, and not overly thin).

I think if you asked a doctor about Sabrina, there's a good chance they would respond that while she isn't obese, she could stand to lose a few pounds to be healthier as she is carrying a few more pounds than necessary for her height. I'm not saying she needs to drop 100 lbs or something, but maybe between 10-20 lbs or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2587122;
    FYI: There is no regulated standard dress size anymore. Because the average weight of Americans has increased over the years, several manufacturers have revamped their sizes and many women who used to be size 12's or 14's are now 8's and 10's. The only way to know for know was a manufacturers "size" is to check their websites if they have them. The only dress sizes that have stayed consistent are the ones on the back of sewing patterns such as Butterick and Vogue. This is a link to the Butterick standard measuring chart: Measurement Chart Even then you have to know if you are a misses, petite, or women. It all depends on body porportion. A misses is considered a well proportioned, well developed female, 5'5" - 5'6". If she is 36-28-38 (bust, waist, hips) she is considered a medium or size 14 in a dress pattern. Believe me that can be a size zero, 4, 6 or 8 in ready-to-wear again depending on the manufacturer. In other words going back to the original question is that a size zero is what ever the manufacturer wants it to be.
    Thanks for explaining things. Women's clothing soooooo confusing! I'm so glad the only numbers I need to know are 30-32 for waist size.
    Last edited by TVDude; 09-26-2007 at 06:53 PM.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;2587605;
    In my opinion, I think that while Kym and Julianne aren't completely 'average' they're fairly close to it and they're likely at their ideal weight for their height. I see alot of women who look similar to them in public (slender, curvy, and not overly thin).
    The definition of "average" isn't "ideal". The average woman on the street doesn't look anything like Kym or Julianne, though the average woman on TV may... Most women are NOT at the ideal weight for their height, making the average woman larger than Kym and Julianne and more like Sabrina. TV, movies and the print media have given a VERY distorted view of what women are like. Most of us are not Kym and Julianne, believe me.

Key word is AVERAGE and not IDEAL. The average woman is a size 12 to 14, those are the facts like it or not. The ideal size for a woman varies according to bone structure, genetics, and height so its very hard to say what is ideal and what isn't. That being said, I think Sabrina is a healthy weight and for her bone structure is probably close to ideal for her. She is athletic and in shape as evidenced by her routines both on the Cheetah Girls and DWTS.

I, as a woman, have to agree that Kym and Julianne are on the slender side and far from average. Sorry but the majority of women I see walking around, IE real every day women, are more on the size of Sabrina and look perfectly healthy to me. The camera adds weight.

Anyways, burned me up when Tia's weight became such an issue because I never thought she was over weight. I don't think Sabrina is either and I wish we were the type of society where we could focus on her dancing instead of her supposed obesity or weight issues.

+ Reply to Thread