+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I agree. I'd love for Drew to stay, though congrats on the baby, Samantha.

Don't see why Sabrina's getting attacked for her weight, when Joey Fatone was overweight last year and that barely got a mention? Just saying. And I don't think she's snobby at all. I think she's Disneyfied-- meaning she's trained to be peppy and corny. But I like peppy and corny. I don't think she'll be like Mario, consistently irking the judges. She did it for her fans, and will probably hold back in the other dances.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Did anyone have problems with voting? The first time I voted on my home phone it told me that I reached my max voting allotment. I was the only one home, so I don't know how that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2585538;
    Sabrina carries her weight in her mid section which is called an Apple body type. She has narrow hips and shapely legs. I do think she is overweight by about 20 pounds. We may see her lose some during this competition if she stays long enough. And since the weight is likely to drop from her face and neck along with her waistline it will be easy to see.
    A very good description and I don't know if it was the camera angle or what but she also looked as if she had no neck.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Celestique;2585595;
    I agree. I'd love for Drew to stay, though congrats on the baby, Samantha.

Don't see why Sabrina's getting attacked for her weight, when Joey Fatone was overweight last year and that barely got a mention? Just saying. And I don't think she's snobby at all. I think she's Disneyfied-- meaning she's trained to be peppy and corny. But I like peppy and corny. I don't think she'll be like Mario, consistently irking the judges. She did it for her fans, and will probably hold back in the other dances.
    I noticed Joey was overweight and so did other people, I thought it might affect his performance. He also was on a diet during the show and lost at least 25 lbs.

Sabrina's attitude did not bother me as it did other people. First of all she is on TV, in a competition and works for Disney and is trying to project a happy, perky personality. It's the same as when the guys were talking smack about how great they were and are going to win, it is them playing the psychological part of the game, trying to psych out the competition and not necessarily being arrogant.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Celestique;2585595;
    I do not see her being "attacked". Perhaps she should use better judgement in her wardrobe selection for the show though.

I did not watch last season, but did Joey Fatone ever wear as revealing a costume as Sabrina did last night?

Sabrina's getting way more criticism than Joey did. Most people said oh, he'll lose some weight, or he's chunkier. I have no problem with people saying she has a different body type, but saying that most women don't look like her is a highly critical false statement. I'm a thin girl, but I see no overweight girl when I look at Sabrina. She's muscular, has her own dance videos, dances regularly in the Cheetah Girls.

The costumers choose the clothing, so I don't knock her for that either. She didn't look hoochie to me, so I had no problem with that.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Hi all,

I'm out of practice of "watching and posting"...

So many shows on last night, hard to watch all of them! It's either feast or famine with the TV programming! I did see most of the episode, while running up and down stairs trying to fix dinner and do dishes.

Good Surprises: Jennie, Sabrina

No Surprise (thought they'd be bad): Josie

No Surprise (thought they'd be good): Jane, Mel B.

And then there was Marie. I was a bit disappointed as I wanted her to be better. Love her personality, but I don't think she will go far.

Jane was absolutely amazing, considering her age. Her back attitude turn was so graceful. I'm not sure she can keep it up when the fast latin dances start, not to mention having to do 2 dances in one show!

Sabrina has an unusual body type that doesn't look particularly good on camera. Remember that the camera "adds weight" added to the fact she has a short neck and an "apple" shape, this isn't a good look. She isn't "fat", or overweight. She will tone up more as the season progresses.

Remembering Monique ( from season 3? )was also not a skinny girl, but by the end of the season she was really toned and much sleeker than when she started, I think Sabrina will do the same. Sabrina will stick around too! She can dance and her partner Mark is fantastic.

Anxious to see the guys tonight!
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2585698;
    Hi all,

I'm out of practice of "watching and posting"...

So many shows on last night, hard to watch all of them! It's either feast or famine with the TV programming! I did see most of the episode, while running up and down stairs trying to fix dinner and do dishes.

Good Surprises: Jennie, Sabrina

No Surprise (thought they'd be bad): Josie

No Surprise (thought they'd be good): Jane, Mel B.

And then there was Marie. I was a bit disappointed as I wanted her to be better. Love her personality, but I don't think she will go far.

Jane was absolutely amazing, considering her age. Her back attitude turn was so graceful. I'm not sure she can keep it up when the fast latin dances start, not to mention having to do 2 dances in one show!

Sabrina has an unusual body type that doesn't look particularly good on camera. Remember that the camera "adds weight" added to the fact she has a short neck and an "apple" shape, this isn't a good look. She isn't "fat", or overweight. She will tone up more as the season progresses.

Remembering Monique ( from season 3? )was also not a skinny girl, but by the end of the season she was really toned and much sleeker than when she started, I think Sabrina will do the same. Sabrina will stick around too! She can dance and her partner Mark is fantastic.

Anxious to see the guys tonight!
    I thought Marie did OK but, this will sound meaner than it's meant, I think her body just isnt meant to dance. She is top heavy and it looked odd on the dance floor at least it did to me.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2584858;
    DAYUM!!!!!

Do you have any idea how painful it is to keep a grin on your face for an hour and a half???

But it was worth it... An EXCELLENT show, and they were all wonderful... But, I think Jane was the bestest... Sabrina was the biggest surprise, Josie the most under rated, and Marie performed better than expected... The girls are bringing it!

The guys are gonna have to come big... (And we all know size matters... )

I was surprised that those who looked a bit odd in the stills, look MUCH better onstage...

Whoo Hoo, and Boo Ya!
    I love your post. I was grinning throughout as well. My favorite is definitely Jane for now. I can't wait to see the boys tonight. So many handsome ones. My gut tells me the boxer is going to be very good.

I'm a long time lurker to these boards (I got hooked on the Big Brother board) and finally decided to try posting

Am I the only woman who thought Josie had a cute personality (aside from the "I'm a supermodel" comment)? I thought she seemed fun and playful. I'd rather her stick around than a few of the others. Plus - it will keep my husband watching too - I need someone to talk about it to when it's on!.

+ Reply to Thread