+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;2585323;
    Umm I wouldn't say Sabrina is a 'normal' sized girl. Or has America gotten so fat that these days a girl of her stature is considered 'average' weight?

I'm not saying she's fat at all though, just voluptuous if you will. Now Nicole Richie on the otherhand is too damn SKINNY! For me, someone like Julianne or Kym is what I would consider closer to normal weight. Both aren't skinny sticks and both have figures and curves and look healthy. I think by the time you get to Sabrina's weight, you're getting close to becoming obese.

You're not saying that she's fat at all.... but then she's close to obese? So... what exactly ARE you saying, TVDude?

And an average woman these days is a size 12. Julianne is tiny, as is Kym.

FORT Fogey

Sabrina is short and bottom heavy. She is not fat, but is very "hippy" for her height.

The big hair did not help her apperance at all IMO.

When you stand her next to a classic beauty like Jane S., she came off as "cheap" looking. Maybe Sabrina just needs to tone it down a little.

Late to the party...

Gets it and will go far... Sabrina and Jane
    Needs work, but seems to have possibilities... Mel and Jennie
    Go home, NOW... Marie and wazzherface (Josie)

Jeanie - did better than I thought she would last night.
    Jose - she did okay, but I think she will be the first female voted off.
    Sabrina - Wow, this girl blew me away. She had the leg work down to a science, connected with her partner and she had fun doing it. For some reason I thought I was watching Raven Symone dancing.
    Marie - I just love Marie Osmond. Though she didn't as well, it was still fun to watch her. I cracked her about her comment about winning because most of the voting public are Osmond.
    Mel B - I just wasn't impressed with her last night. It was as if she was trying to mimic Laila Ali from last season with some of her moves.
    Jane - She was so delicate and smooth on the dance floor. Another one of favorite.

Can't wait for the guys tonight. Especially Chery and Wayne and Julianna and partner perform.

Princess07, I said the exact same thing about Mel B in her thread. Glad that I'm not the only one who felt that she was trying to be Laila part 2 but failed at it.

I'd love to see a finale of Julianne and her partner (not sure if they are ex-partners now) Corky Jr (Sabrina's partner). They (the pro's Julianne and Mark ) blew me away when they paired up for their opening routine.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2584510;
    she has six children ... five of them adopted. last year, when she was on "the view", they asked her which one did she give birth to, she responded with "i don't remember"
    That is such a rude question to ask. I can't believe people do that. As if they try to differentiate between the "real kids" and the "adopted ones".

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

People forget that when you're on TV you look a lot heavier than you do in real life. We are so used to seeing super skinny people on TV we forget that someone who is probably smaller than avarage is normal. Sabrina is carrying some weight around her middle, but she's probably no larger than a size ten. That is not fat.

My take, for what it's worth.

Jeanie: She moved well and had a lot of fun. I enjoyed watching her and was so delightfully surprised.

Jose: Sorry, that performance looked stiff and she looked miserable. I suspect she will not last long.

Sabrina: Enchanting, but a bit of an attitude issue. She's going to piss off the voters if she's a big ole snob.

Marie: She moved well, but her age is going to work against her. She is a bit heavy on her feet and that too will work against her. She also may be forgettable. In People's online pole, as of 9 am eastern daylight time, they did not even include Marie. Which bothered me. I watched her show so faithfully when I was a kid.

Mel B. I expected much more and feel dissapointed.

Jane: Love her. She moved so well, very graceful. She studied ballet for a long time and you can tell. I am wondering how her latin numbers and the quick step will look? Her grace could work against her, as well as her back.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2585399;
    Sabrina is short and bottom heavy. She is not fat, but is very "hippy" for her height.

The big hair did not help her apperance at all IMO.

When you stand her next to a classic beauty like Jane S., she came off as "cheap" looking. Maybe Sabrina just needs to tone it down a little.
    Sabrina carries her weight in her mid section which is called an Apple body type. She has narrow hips and shapely legs. I do think she is overweight by about 20 pounds. We may see her lose some during this competition if she stays long enough. And since the weight is likely to drop from her face and neck along with her waistline it will be easy to see.

Jose was the only one I missed watching, but all in all I was pleasantly surprised by the women. I was blown away by Sabrina. All in all, a very enjoyable night of watching dancing!

I may be alone on this, but I'd rather see Drew as the co-host over Samantha Harris. Samantha annoys me to no end and I felt better when I noticed that she wasn't there. Hopefully, DWTS will do the right thing and get rid of Samantha.

+ Reply to Thread