+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

My top three:

Sabrina- This girl has moves. I am always shocked to hear what people consider fat.This girl is a normal size young woman. I guess if you are in hollyweird and not on a tic tac diet then your are fat.

The men I know like a woman with curves on her. sticks are for dogs to bury in the sand.

Mel B- I thought she did a good job also.

Jane- Jane may be in her 50's but she is elegant and classy. I hope she stays for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2585177;
    [b]
    One thing I have noticed with ABC that is different from last year.....I have 5 different email addresses that I used last year to vote from (all on the same computer). This year, it wouldn't let me do it. Once I had cast my 6 votes from one of my email addys, it wouldn't let me vote anymore. It said you have reached your maximum number of votes. I guess ABC got smart then!
    I wonder if clearing the cache and temp files from your web browser would then allow you to re-sign up under another e-mail address?
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by wadahoot;2585228;
    I wonder if clearing the cache and temp files from your web browser would then allow you to re-sign up under another e-mail address?
    Tried it earlier..still didn't work...thought I'd give it a shot again tomorrow night with the guys!

Just read this on People magazine's website:

On Oct. 9, Billy Ray Cyrus will make his return to Dancing and "get things right" as the show's guest performer.
    Last edited by bbnbama; 09-25-2007 at 02:41 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2585234;
    Just read this on People magazine's website:
    Nice catch on the news item, bama

Did anyone besides me do a double-take when they said Dolly Parton would be this week's performer? I'm not a Dolly Parton fan, but I also don't dislike her... my surprise was just due to not having heard her name mentioned in so long except for recent tabloids that mentioned her weight was down to around 80 lbs and friends and family being worried about her (small wonder if it's true). Interesting choice of performer.

ot: bama, I just noticed your Location in your profile here, and laughed at our similar thinking... look at my signature line and both of our pics in our profile (not the avatar, the pics) I think we live in the same neighborhood
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I don't like Drew as the co-host. Does he really think he's not just a replacement/stand in. It all seems too fake to me.

Sabrina was on fire! Wow.

I really enjoyed Jennie. She surprised me. I thought it was cute how much of a fan she was and went for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2585194;
    My top three:

Sabrina- This girl has moves. I am always shocked to hear what people consider fat.This girl is a normal size young woman. I guess if you are in hollyweird and not on a tic tac diet then your are fat.

The men I know like a woman with curves on her. sticks are for dogs to bury in the sand.

Mel B- I thought she did a good job also.

Jane- Jane may be in her 50's but she is elegant and classy. I hope she stays for awhile.
    Umm I wouldn't say Sabrina is a 'normal' sized girl. Or has America gotten so fat that these days a girl of her stature is considered 'average' weight?

I'm not saying she's fat at all though, just voluptuous if you will. Now Nicole Richie on the otherhand is too damn SKINNY! For me, someone like Julianne or Kym is what I would consider closer to normal weight. Both aren't skinny sticks and both have figures and curves and look healthy. I think by the time you get to Sabrina's weight, you're getting close to becoming obese.

FORT Fogey

I cannot believe that a young girl's weight is even being an issue. This is a dance show not a weight contest. I think also I cut her some slack for the talking and ego because she is still a child. Children are ego centric and chatty most of the time.

Josie walking in and calling Alec a hunkity hunk was just nasty considering his recent marriage, and her whole attitude just was bad. She is beautiful, but looking good is not enough everywhere contray to her belief.

Marie seemed to be having fun, and maybe a little too much so came off a little Tatum like and goofy.

Spice girl yuck female Max and I hate arrogance in adults that should be beyond that.

Jane and Jennie were the class acts of the night. Never a Jennie Garth fan or Kelly fan, but she and her children were adorable, and I wonder how long before her eldest daughter has a poster of Derek up in her room to look at. She could not keep her eyes off of him.

I hope Jane, Sabrina, and Jennie are safe as they were the only ones that endured me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;2585323;
    Umm I wouldn't say Sabrina is a 'normal' sized girl. Or has America gotten so fat that these days a girl of her stature is considered 'average' weight?

I'm not saying she's fat at all though, just voluptuous if you will. Now Nicole Richie on the otherhand is too damn SKINNY! For me, someone like Julianne or Kym is what I would consider closer to normal weight. Both aren't skinny sticks and both have figures and curves and look healthy. I think by the time you get to Sabrina's weight, you're getting close to becoming obese.
    I don't know where you live or what women you look at, but size 12 is the average size of women in this country. Sabrina in my estimate is probably that size or smaller so she is average weight. Julianne and Kym are thin but athletic thin so it looks better and the only reason they have weight is muscle weight. I think Sabrina looks beautiful and I hope she does well.

What a great start, it was awesome seeing the pro's dance and DANG the Houghs and Corky Jr... just wow on their moves.

Alright so my thoughts and impressions....

1: Jennie: Stiff and seemed to be very unsure of herself. I'm not sure how far her 90210 connection will carry her and then there is also the fact that her partner is unknown to the majority of the audience. I think she will be in the bottom and I don't see her going far.

2: Josie: Poor Alec! She was worse than Jennie, if that was possible. She came off as being a female Kenny with no rhythm but then you add arrogance to it? Not a good mix.

3: Sabrina: Blew me away. Wow I was not expecting her to dance that well and I think she was miles ahead of the rest of them. Plus it was great seeing a young lady who isn't super thin but who was comfortable enough in her skin to be sexy.

4: Marie: Kind of a let down, I thought she'd be better than that. But she wasn't bad. I just thought she'd be better. Her fans will carry her far though.

5: Mel B: Another let down. I really thought she'd just blow everybody away and she didn't. She was stiff and seemed to not be feeling the beat of the music to me. But I think she has potential to get better.

6: Jane: Lovely. Elegant and lovely. Worried about her in the more energetic dances but tonight she was amazing.

My personal ranking....

Sabrina
    Jane

gap

Mel B

gap

Marie

huge gap

Jennie

gigantic gap

Josie

Unless one of the guys really screws up? Josie is going home first.

Now about Drew? Errrr... no. I was expecting to see Lisa or even Joey L (who recently hosted the world Latin championships). Drew was stiff and not funny and he made me miss Sam.

Looking forward to the guys tonight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;2585191;
    I think I threw up inside my mouth after watching Marie Osmond dance. I felt a cold chill as she tried to elicit some "sexy"...ewww. I want Josie to get another chance but I fear all the 40yr old moms around the country will vote for Jane and Marie.
    I am with you all the way. I am stunned the judges thought Maire was adorable and danced well. She is not and she did not!

Josie is adorable. I hope an man louses it up so she can stay.

And speaking of the men, Wayne Newton has the oddest shape. He must have pectoral implants because that just can't be from working out since the rest of his body does not appear to be in great shape. The amount of plastic surgery he has had is scary. And that hair. Creepy.

+ Reply to Thread