+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

How sad for Jane. Other than Sara Evans, has anyone else ever left in the middle of the competition?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

My condolences to Jane and her family...

If she does have to pull out of the competition...maybe they will allow her to come back next year and have Tony for a partner again....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My condolences to Jane and her family. Her mother seems like she was a very brave and strong woman.

If she does pull out, please let her come back next season with Tony. They are just a great match!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I love Jane Seymour too, ever since seeing her in "Captains and the Kings". She will be continuing with the competition, as a tribute to her dear Mother. She is a beautiful, talented and classy lady, and I hope she does well.

Thank you for posting the article, Broadway.

FORT Fogey

My favorite performance by Jane was in "Somewhere In Time."

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2596088;
    How sad for Jane. Other than Sara Evans, has anyone else ever left in the middle of the competition?
    Not in the middle of the competition, Savh, but others have pulled out, like when Vincent Pastore pulled out while still in rehearsal, citing "the physical demands of a 10-week season". Duh, ya didn't think of that going in?

And the irony is that Tony, who is Jane's partner this season, was Sarah's partner last season. Bet he's wondering if he has an unlucky shadow hanging over him at DWtS. But at least we know now that Jane has decided to continue, being the trouper that she is, and giving a final loving tribute to her mother. And Tony can breathe a sigh of relief.

Hugs and love to Jane and her family

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2597089;
    My favorite performance by Jane was in "Somewhere In Time."
    I think I have two favorite performances by Jane. The first being her role as Serena (Apollo's wife) on the original Battlestar Galactica, and the other being Somewhere In Time. I have a music box that plays the theme to Somewhere In Time, and I love the memories of the movie it invokes. I am soooo hoping that Jane and Tony might be able to dance a waltz this season to that theme... it would be perfect. I know it won't happen, but it would be so perfect if it did.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

That's right, I do remember reading about Pastore in a previous season.

A waltz to "Somewhere in Time".....that would be perfect.

Snoozin' on the beach

Wow, I didn't know about her mother until I read it here. How sad, My condolences to her and her family. I'm glad she decided to stay, its a wonderful tribute to her mother's memory.

I've always been a Jane Symour fans-she is so classy and elegant. As far as I'm concerned she's already won-her mother got the chance to see her on this show before her passing-something that obviously meant alot to both of them and goes far beyond some silly disco ball and numbered paddles.

An excerpt from a backstage article from after last night's show, talking about when and how Jane and Tony found out about Jane's mother, with some comments from Tony about her. Jane has a very sweet, loving husband.

"I think her mother was happy to see her dance again," says Seymour's pro partner, Tony Dovolani. After performing in a professional number tonight, Dovolani said he would be heading to the airport to catch a flight to England. Once there, he says, he and Seymour will continue training around the funeral schedule. He's hoping they'll be back in the States by Monday and back on the dance floor Monday night. But nothing is certain, as yet.

How and when did Dovolani get the sad news? "I found out right after Monday night's show," he says. "James [Keach, Seymour's husband] walked up to me and I was looking at his face. I thought he was upset about the judges' comments because they were pretty rough on Jane's mambo. He said, 'Tony, I have some very bad news.' And immediately, I knew. I was aware that her mother was sick. And I said, 'Oh, no.' Because of the judges' comments, I didn't want her to hear any more bad news."

Dovolani says he had just walked away from Seymour on the dance floor when Seymour's husband confided in him. "James said, 'Tony, we have to be strong for her.'" But Dovolani believes Seymour is already made of strong stuff. "I know she's going to get through this with no problems," he says. "Still, it's never easy losing a parent." After digesting the news, Dovolani asked Keach if he wanted moral support when he told Jane. Keach thanked him, says Dovolani, but said no. "He said, 'This is something a husband has to do.'"

After Seymour was told in private, she and Dovolani spoke at length on the phone. "What can you say to someone who has just lost a parent?" he says. 'It's one of those moments when you just listen and try to offer comfort." As to Seymour's spirits, Dovolani says she's taken a positive approach. "She's decided to celebrate her mother instead of mourning her," he says. "And that's the greatest thing you could ever do."

So if all goes well, part of that celebration will take place in the Dancing ballroom. "I know how much her mother wanted her to dance," says Dovolani, "so I'm honored now, even more, that I'm the one who's going to make sure that happens, make sure that she gets to do it."

Does he believe this sad new reality will impede Seymour's training? Not at all. "I have a feeling that her mother is going to be on her shoulder from now on," says Dovolani, "and taking this wonderful ride with us. I believe she's going to be with us the entire time."
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Well, that just made me a little weepy. Jane's lucky to have two such strong, sensitive men around her at this time.

+ Reply to Thread