+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

I too loved this couple. Jane Seymour is a classy, elegant lady.

I was very impressed with her last night. At 56, you would expect that she looks that age and is probably out of shape. She is beautiful and to me, she looked more fit than most of her competitors. She also looks to be taking the competition very seriously, and I predict she will be around for a while. It ap- peared that Tony was impressed with her determination also.

Jane's excellence last night did not surprise me. She has always been graceful, classy, and elegant. While the more energetic dances may take their toll on her, especially if she gets far enough to where they will have to do two dances a show, I think and hope her determination will help her through it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Regular

Loved Jane, and hope she and Tony go far. But I am posting because I really like Tony, and wanna give him some props. I see others aren't too keen on him, but he's always been my favorite of the Male Pros.

I thought the routine he had Jane do the other nite was excellent and his choreography was spot on. I am rooting for them to do well and stay around for a while.

Jane Seymour is one of those people that just exudes elegance. She even did that as a prairie doctor on "Dr Quinn".
    I am soo hoping she goes far in this competition. YAY!

She's my favorite and she looked beautiful, elegant, and classy - a true lady! And, she is paired well with Tony, who I've always thought was a true gentleman and a class act. She is graceful and in good shape. I think she'll do well in the Latin section- better than we think. She is only 56 and hasn't started getting creaky yet.

FORT Regular

I love Jane Seymour, and have since Somewhere in Time! She is so gorgeous. I agree with the audience members who said they wanted to look like her when they were 56 and then they corrected themselves and said they wanted to look like her now! I think a big factor in her beauty is how real it is. It doesn't seem to have come from surgery in any way. Another big factor is her personality-- she has always been gracious and friendly in every interview I have ever seen with her.

I don't think she can win this, and I think she'll struggle in the Latin numbers, but I think she will last several weeks.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Several things....

First, background in ballet, even though she was a teenager, gives Jane a little help - it's part of why she looks so graceful and her arm work was so good.

She's obviously kept in shape over the years - she did an EXCELLENT job in her routine and I'll bet she's good with the latin numbers too. Having passed the big "50" myself recently, I can tell you that women in their 50's aren't like they used to be!

I ADORE Jane Seymour and hope that she goes far in the competition.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Sad News... Jane Seymour's mother passes away

Actress Jane Seymour’s 92-year-old mother, Mieke Frankenberg, passed away in England on Monday due to complications from a stroke she suffered earlier this year, Seymour’s rep tells PEOPLE.

Seymour, who has made a splash on this season’s Dancing with the Stars, will miss tonight’s live results show as she is currently en route to England to be with her family and attend funeral services.

“My mother survived incredible challenges…her health issues that she never complained about….three and half years in a Japanese concentration camp in World War II and the loss of her husband John who was the love of her life,” Seymour said in a statement today. “However, she was always a beacon of love and hope for all she met and especially for my sisters Anne and Sally and for our entire family. Her spirit was indomitable and will continue to live forever in our hearts.”

The 56-year-old actress told PEOPLE in August that a big reason she decided to take the DWTS challenge was because it was her mother’s favorite show.

“The only show she would never miss, apart from Dr. Quinn, was Dancing with the Stars,” Seymour said. “I told my mother on the phone that I was going to do this and she hadn’t spoken or even said wa wa wa or even had interest in living for quite a while. And she suddenly went, ‘wa wa wa wa wa!’

“My sister was holding the phone to her ear and she said, ‘My gosh, Jane, she’s trying to say something and she’s got this big smile on her face. I haven’t seen her this excited.’ So I said, ‘Mommy, I want you to know I’ve decided to do this and I love you very much and I just hope that you’ll be proud of me.’ And she went ‘yes!’ That’s the first word she’s spoken since the stroke. Since then she’s started drinking and eating…bizarre as it may seem, she’s my secret angel and I’m going to do this for me and for her.” —Monica Rizzo

Thanks for that article, Broadway. Sad news for Jane and her family, although I know they'd been expecting it for some time.

Here's an added statement from Jane's rep today when asked by Access Hollywood about Jane's future with DWtS:

Although she danced as scheduled on Monday night’s show, her future on the show appears to be in limbo.

When asked how the news would affect her upcoming appearances on the show, her rep said, “All of those things remain unclear at the moment”

Access has reached out to ABC and is awaiting comment.
    I have always hated it in the past when a celeb pulled out of DWtS, because up to now, there was not a good reason for it. However, if Jane does end up pulling out of the rest of the season due to being unable to participate/practice, etc. and keep up with the schedule due to the death of immediate family -- that's something that we can all understand and not fault her for. I hope she is able to return, but I would totally understand and sympathize if she's unable to.

Jane and her lovely mom:

Much love and condolences to all of the family and loved ones.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread