+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

Re: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2555715;
    The reason I even mentioned it is that during, what season 3 with Mario and Joey, it seemed as if there were a lot of posts complaining about how unfair it was that Mario had previous dance training and that the premise of the show was that the participants were to have no previous dance training. I guess it depends weather or not Jane does well or not.
    I understand what you're saying, Bearcata. But the difference is that the criticism of Mario in that regard was based because Mario had been in dance classes off and on from childhood all the way up to at least 2005 (as he admitted in that one interview, then suddenly "forgot" about during DWtS interviews, lol), so his training, even though sporadic, was recent and long term.

As for the premise that participant celebs should have had no previous dance training, it doesn't say that in the show requirements, but somehow I think most viewers got the impression it was implied. Just like in the first season, a lot of viewers assumed the show winners would be whoever were the best dancers -- not understanding that it was from the beginning a popularity show.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2555746;
    I understand what you're saying, Bearcata. But the difference is that the criticism of Mario in that regard was based because Mario had been in dance classes off and on from childhood all the way up to at least 2005 (as he admitted in that one interview, then suddenly "forgot" about during DWtS interviews, lol), so his training, even though sporadic, was recent and long term.

As for the premise that participant celebs should have had no previous dance training, it doesn't say that in the show requirements, but somehow I think most viewers got the impression it was implied. Just like in the first season, a lot of viewers assumed the show winners would be whoever were the best dancers -- not understanding that it was from the beginning a popularity show.
    Yeah, from what other people were saying that was the impression I got. Thanks for straightening that out.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

She does NOT look like Kathie Lee Gifford here...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

That's Jane? She looks great!! Too bad I dislike Tony so much but hopefully I'm all alone in my dislike and the rest of the viewers love him and they go far because I really like her.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I love this picture of them!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I love that dress she is wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2555715;
    The reason I even mentioned it is that during, what season 3 with Mario and Joey, it seemed as if there were a lot of posts complaining about how unfair it was that Mario had previous dance training and that the premise of the show was that the participants were to have no previous dance training. I guess it depends weather or not Jane does well or not.
    Speaking only for myself, I never had a problem with Mario's previous dance training. What I disliked about him and his partner, and why I would never vote for them, was that they thought the rules did not apply to them.

Competitive ballroom dance has a lengthy and very detailed set of rules for each dance. Contestants will be marked off for so much as a slightly off hand position. Some dances allow for open positions and separation between the partners; others do not.

The rules are somewhat more liberal on this show to accommodate the inexperience of the celebrities, but those rules that are in place need to be followed by everyone.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I love Jane Seymour, always have and think she is one of the world's great beauties and a true lady. I also like Tony. I think they look great together and hope they do very well.

They were lovely! She so elegant and graceful and her dancing showed that. She looked beautiful, I worry about her in the more energetic routines but she was outstanding last night.

+ Reply to Thread