+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

Re: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2552096;

Point taken...

I am now, officially, in the process of reconsidering prior statement...
    lol, PK
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Jane Seymour is a beautiful, classy lady, is one of my favorite actresses, and I've always thought she was one of the world's great beauties (in her day). Tony is a good pairing. I think they pair him with the sweet, less talented, or older gals because he is charming and good natured. Maks, for instance, would not be a good partner for Jane - he is too fiery and has little patience for any lack in talent or energy she might have. But, I think we will all be surprised by Jane. She is a very youthful 56, in great shape, and can move well (especially with a ballet background).

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2552214;
    But, I think we will all be surprised by Jane. She is a very youthful 56, in great shape, and can move well (especially with a ballet background).
    I think people who've been fans of Jane would actually be more surprised if she didn't do well. Her natural grace and ability has always been one of her more obvious assets.

I was just thinking that I hope the show hair stylists don't do anything ridiculous with Jane's lovely hair, like they've done in the past with some of the mature women. Jane's used to period roles and costumes and always looks wonderful in them and in different hairstyles, but DWtS stylists don't always have good taste in some of those styles.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2552456;
    but DWtS stylists don't always have good taste in some of those styles.
    Now that's an understatement if I've ever heard one.

Funny you should mention Janes hair because Carrie Ann did on the GMA show. She made a comment about what beautiful hair Jane has so hopefully that means you'll get your wish and they won't touch it. Besides, I don't see Jane letting them do too much to her trademark.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2552777;
    Funny you should mention Janes hair because Carrie Ann did on the GMA show. She made a comment about what beautiful hair Jane has so hopefully that means you'll get your wish and they won't touch it. Besides, I don't see Jane letting them do too much to her trademark.
    I hope you're right, Harmony2000.

What no one is bitching about Jane having a ballet background? If I remember correctly she was in a professional ballet company until she had a knee injury and turned to acting? Maybe because she is 56 they figure age will overcome previous training?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2555452;
    What no one is bitching about Jane having a ballet background? If I remember correctly she was in a professional ballet company until she had a knee injury and turned to acting? Maybe because she is 56 they figure age will overcome previous training?
    Why should we care about her previous ballet training, since she was injuried early and was never able to study ballet again?

Completely agree with Nemeses, what is there to bitch about? Ballet and ballroom dancing are completely different and she was 16 when she became injured and couldn't do it anymore. 40 years later she is in a competition, don't see the relevance at all.

If we are going to bitch it should be about Sabrina Bryan and all her training and the training Mel B has had or Wayne Newton. Either way there are lots of people this year who have had some sort of dance training in the past but I don't think it will help them since its different.

Sometimes prior training can be a hindrance... Different training for different disciplines, as in having to unlearn bad habits...

Perhaps it's a little "out there", but think about a baseball player swinging a tennis racquet or golf club the same way they swing a bat... They have to unlearn the bat swing before they can relearn the the proper way to swing a golf club or a tennis racquet...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2555565;
    Why should we care about her previous ballet training, since she was injuried early and was never able to study ballet again?
    The reason I even mentioned it is that during, what season 3 with Mario and Joey, it seemed as if there were a lot of posts complaining about how unfair it was that Mario had previous dance training and that the premise of the show was that the participants were to have no previous dance training. I guess it depends weather or not Jane does well or not.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast