+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

FORT Newbie

Re: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

Check out this u tube video- Jane Seymour and Tony Dovolani at the Hangar on Base- do a search.

I think this is a hint of what they are planning as a theme for tomorrow night's jive- if so we will get to see the FUN side of Jane Seymour!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Dancing with the Stars pro Tony Dovolani is turning up the heat off the dance floor, criticizing recent calls from judge Carrie Ann Inaba and presenting her with a ballroom rule book after their televised “lift” disagreement.

Dovolani tells PEOPLE that Inaba is ill-equipped to call out the illegal lifts which the former Fly Girl-turned-judge has been frequently pointing out this season: “She does not understand what ballroom dancing is. She’s never done it herself.”

Inaba has chided dance teams—notably Jane Seymour and Dovolani’s waltz—for maneuvers which lift both feet in the air. Dovolani says the moves fall into a “grey area” which Inaba is not trained to navigate. “She’s the inappropriate judge to pick on the lifts,” says Dovolani. “She does not have a ballroom background.…She really comes from the hip-hop world. While we have the utmost respect for her as a dancer—it’s not as a ballroom dancer.”

Calling Out Carrie Ann
    He was so frustrated after Inaba called out the lift on Seymour’s Viennese waltz during their Oct. 15 performance that he presented the judge with a ballroom rule book the next day. “Because she does not know anything about ballroom, I figured she should at least read the rule book,” says Dovolani. I highlighted the parts I wanted her to read including the description of what a lift is.”

What was Inaba’s reaction? “She laughed about it and gave me the finger,” he said. “I thought it was a very ladylike gesture. I laughed because I thought I hit home. And then I paid for it this week because…we got the lowest score from her.”

Inaba could not be reached for comment, but a source close to the judge says both the rule book presentation and the gesture never happened. The source went onto to point out that the official rule book for the show is different than the rule book for ballroom dancing.

Partner Seymour has been equally baffled by Inaba’s ruling, posting an item on her blog last Thursday addressing Inaba’s critique.

On the bright side, Dovolani says the lift controversy shows that dancers feel the pressure to turn up the routines this season, heralded by many as the most competitive season ever. “There is no lift crisis.…We’re in a big season,” says Dovolani. “As professionals we have to push the envelope.”

But Dovolani also wants the judges to realize that Seymour, at 56, should be praised for her competitive moves, not punished. “I wish the judges would take into account that Jane is 56 competing against women who are more than 30 years younger than her,” says Dovolani. “When Jerry Springer and John Ratzenberger would go out there, they would basically show up…Jane is actually dancing.”
    It may just be me but Tony comes across in this article as a little bit of a smartass........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

He comes across that way on the show, too.

I thought Carrie Ann was a little picky about it that night. But if Tony did give her the rule book, then good for her on giving him the finger...if she did.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

As always, Tony does not disappoint. He managed to make even a fun dance like the Jive look boring.
    And again, he shows that he and Jane are idiots by bringing up the lift thing over and over again. I would love to see them be booted tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2637909;
    As always, Tony does not disappoint. He managed to make even a fun dance like the Jive look boring.
    And again, he shows that he and Jane are idiots by bringing up the lift thing over and over again. I would love to see them be booted tonight.
    I agree that it reflects poorly on Tony especially and a bit on Jane. They just needed to suck it up and stop whinning and perform. Last night was Jane's worst dance and it did not reflect the unbridled enthusiasm that I expected to see in the Jive. I would not be a bit surprised to see Jane go tonight unless her fan base has saved her.

FORT Fogey

Jane was definately the weakest performer last night. Her costume was not flattering on her.

TV Guide has interesting backstages reports every week.
    Again, I have no respect for sore losers like Jane. This is only one of 3 quotes she or Tony gave and they are all negative and whiny.

Backstage at Dancing with the Stars: Is Jane on Her Way Out? - Celebrity and Entertainment News | TVGuide.com
    As for Seymour, she's had the wind knocked out of her. "I don't have the doll thing going," she says, referring to Osmond's fans. "And some dancers [like Mel B.] can come out here and just walk around. You get higher scores in this competition if you just walk around. Or you go up to the judges and you go pat, pat, on the cheek and you get ‘tens' for that."
    That's pretty full of sh!t coming from her, considering she basically walked her way through the Jive, of all dances.

FORT Fogey

Wow, Jane certainly seems bitter at this point.

I take it she did not like Mel B's performance this week.

FORT Fogey

Has Jane forgotten the role the public plays in the show? I've always liked her as a star. She's always seemed classy and gracious - knowing when to play things up, and knowing when to step back and let others take their bows. The attitude she's displayed on DWTS has completely erased that image from my mind. When she started whining about lifts she assured she wouldn't get my votes anymore. The more she behaves like this, the more she's assuring I just won't pay attention to her career anymore.

+ Reply to Thread