+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Melanie Brown (Scary Spice) & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 5

Re: Melanie Brown (Scary Spice) & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 5

I know! I was so shocked that she was in the bottom two.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

I adore Mel Brown, she and Max are great together. I hope they last til the end because they deserve to be there. Too bad Mel doesn't have a bigger following in the states.
    "Don't be afraid your life will end...be afraid it will never begin"

FORT Fogey

In the beginning, I didn't like the thought of "Scary Spice" on the show. It just didn't interest me.

However, I've grown to like Mel B quite a bit. She and Max seem very compatible. She's working hard and I love how her self-confidence about dancing grows each week.

She's been growing on me too! I think she is a good match for Maks in the personality department. I think she takes his ego down a notch or two from time to time... and that is a good thing. She's "spunky" for lack of a better word.
    Tahoe bound....

I love to watch Maks do anything, but when he dances, he is a joy to behold. I like the team and think they have good chemistry, but she is a little too manic and makes me nervous just watching her.

FORT Newbie

I love Mel and Maks together. What energy and what personalities. Love it, love it , love it. I hope they get the encore tonight.

I hope they are both feeling better. I thought Maks was going to cough up a lung at the judges table. Luckily, he turned away so we only heard a horrible cough. Poor baby..

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2618685;
    She's been growing on me too! I think she is a good match for Maks in the personality department. I think she takes his ego down a notch or two from time to time... and that is a good thing. She's "spunky" for lack of a better word.

I agree skyhigh, I think they're a good team. I've never been a Max fan due to his arrogance, but Mel seems to keep Max's ego a bit in line and he does compliment her, versus overwhelming her during the dances. I really liked their dancing Monday.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I think Mel's a great dancer, and that's part of why I don't vote for her. She's basically a trained dancer, so it's an unfair advantage to all the other participants. I think TPTB wanted a girl to win after 3 guys, so they stacked the deck. The only decent male dancer left is Helio, and the soap star is starting to get better, but it is obvious the producers are expecting a Sabrina & Mel finale. Both are far better dancers without training than anyone else. It's pretty unfair.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2618685;
    Out of all Max's partnerships, this one seems to be the most even and compatible.

the blond girl from not last season but the one before was too sexy and weak and Laila was too tough and bossy. Mel B is just right!

I think Mel brings out Maks' fun side. She appears to be of a lighter temperament and has such a bubbly personality that she lightens him up. He doesn't seem so intense when he is around her.

+ Reply to Thread