+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With The Stars 5 - *Possible Spoilers*

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Dancing With The Stars 5 - *Possible Spoilers*

Glad to see Julianne's brother is one of the pros but really wished Louis was back!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Well don't discount Corky Jr. (Mark Ballas who is dancing with Sabrina Bryan). He is the son of the Hough's couch and he was Julianne's partner when she won all those titles and I saw his picture up competing in the Jr. Olympics in 2003. I think him and Sabrina are going to do really well in this competition because of looks and fan base.

Cuban can be a jerk. If he doesn't get his way, he thinks nothing of being a pouty mouth and throwing a fit. I've seen it on various clips and heard of it.

Newton, well he's been performing for so long that if his body is up to it, he may just surprise everybody by doing really well. PLUS, somebody is seeing all his shows so I wouldn't discount his fanbase either. I think Cheryl got him because they don't want to be accused of throwing her the "good" guys so she wins again and she's so popular they have to do something (in their minds) to counter that.

Does anybody know if the matchings are random or if they pair them up on purpose?

I've been lurking at some of the dance boards and there is a HUGE buzz about Derek and Corky Jr. I mean huge. So I guess they are supposed to be something else.

Also, personally? I don't like the way Tony has choreographed in the past (remember that finale fiasco? *shudders* really bad Staying Alive remake) and he better step it up and not hamper Jane! *grrrrrrr* LOL

I wonder if they do what they do when they partner up the people on SYTYCD. The contestant draws a name from a hat. So maybe the professional draws the celebrity's name from a hat. I would like to think it's completely random.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2550719;
    Cuban can be a jerk. If he doesn't get his way, he thinks nothing of being a pouty mouth and throwing a fit. I've seen it on various clips and heard of it.
    Hmm. I didn't know this about him because I don't really follow him or his team. I had heard he was "passionate" and fairly suave, and I think that could bode well on the dance floor. But if he's an arrogant jerk who pouts and throws temper tamtrums, well, then I take back what I said earlier about being a pre-season favorite!

Jane Seymour may be older, but she was a ballet dancer for most of her childhood until a bad knee injury put an end to that. Ballet and ballroom require a completely different skill set, but I'll bet she can still dance.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I told hubby that Cuban was going to be on the show and he laughed "That man needs to just stick to basketball". Evidently he doesn't like him much or his tantrums. Maybe he will keep himself in check for this show? Seriously though? I don't see the loud mouthed and opinionated billionaire taking one of Bruno's or Len's nasty comments very well. Which you know, lol, may not be a bad thing in and of itself.

Now, he did say that Mayweather should be even better than Evander because he's even lighter on his feet. So he said that he sees Mayweather (he doesn't call him Pretty Boy) doing very well in the competition.

If I had to pick early contenders.... I'd have to go with Sabrina and Corky Jr and Julianna/Helio (I'm thinking he will be another Apolo). I wish I could say Jane but I really see Tony being a hindrance to her.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 08-29-2007 at 06:28 PM.

I don't mind Cuban's "tantrums." He's passionate about his team. In this setting, I think he'd be a lot of fun.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2550744;
    Hmm. I didn't know this about him because I don't really follow him or his team. I had heard he was "passionate" and fairly suave, and I think that could bode well on the dance floor. But if he's an arrogant jerk who pouts and throws temper tamtrums, well, then I take back what I said earlier about being a pre-season favorite!
    He's the typical big business (read Donald Trump and Richard Branson) male egomaniac. Just a total jerk and ful of arrogance- loud, abrasive, assumes all women love him. Can be charming int eh way serial kilers are charming.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Please feel free to skip over this post, it's just my usual pre-season premier post of my own opinions of the season's cast, important to no one but me.

Cameron Mathison & Edyta Sliwinska -- I've never heard of this guy before this, so I don't have any expectations of him going into the season. Not too bad looking, I suppose. So I'll just wait and see what he brings to the dance floor and give him a chance to impress me Nice to see Edyta back, but please please please let her dress better this season.

Wayne Newton & Cheryl Burke -- Wayne Newton on DWtS -- well, stranger things have happened in the world, I guess. Believe it or not, Wayne Newton is considered A+ list for TV shows, so ABC scored a hit when they got him to appear. He may not be a lot of people's cup of tea, but he has a HUGE fan base all over the world and will bring in a lot of new viewers who normally aren't represented in the show's demographics. And I know in posts up above, some have said that Cheryl must have pissed off someone to get paired with him, but it's just the opposite. Cheryl, as have many of the other pro dancers, has commented in interviews that one of her ambitions is to continue and expand her career in choreographing movies and big shows. Big shows. Choreography. Las Vegas. Wayne Newton. Bingo! You want to get an inside track on big shows in Las Vegas, you want to get doors opened for you in Las Vegas entertainment, you become friends with Wayne Newton, Mr. Las Vegas. It's inevitable they'll become friends during the season, and Wayne Newton is well known for supporting and opening doors for up and coming professionals he's impressed with. Cheryl Burke has quite probably fallen into one of the best things that could happen to her professionally by being paired with Wayne Newton. This is a man with major pull in Las Vegas and other entertainment venues. He may look like Waynette Newton now (), but when he talks entertainment business, people listen. Being paired with Wayne probably won't get Cheryl into the finals this season, but in her professional career away from DWtS, I'm happy for her that she was the one who got this golden opportunity for herself. (having said that, it's going to be weird to see her dancing with Wayne, but oh well )

Melanie Brown & Maksim Chmerkovskiy -- Okay, whatever. Being a Spice Girl doesn't impress me, but at least I can say Mel hasn't been in any celebnews that made me think anything negative of her. I was actually a bit impressed with her standing up to Eddie Murphy's public slandering of her during and after her pregnancy. But other than that, I don't know enough about her to have an expectation of her going into the season. I hope my dislike of Maksim doesn't interfere with my opinion of her. I was just starting to like Maks for the first time a bit last season when he started acting like an ass and totally sank to the bottom of my opinion meter. I hope he acts more like an adult and a professional this season... I really don't want to dislike him when so many of my FoRT friends do like him.

Sabrina Bryan & Mark Ballas -- Another celeb I'd never heard of until DWtS. Looking at her picture, she looks like another Hollywood cookie-cutter bleached blonde airhead, but appearances can be deceiving -- sometimes. Being in a Disney all-girl singing group definately doesn't impress me on the face value. As I stare at her picture, I find myself not liking her because she seems to have a smug smirk, so I'll stop looking at her picture for now. I know nothing about Mark Ballas, either, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see how this team does.

Marie Osmond & Jonathan Roberts -- Marie has been one of the ones we've been pretty certain that will be on this season, so no surprise here. I wish we could have had Donny this season, but okay... if we can't, having Marie on is fun too. And even though she's gained weight, she might just surprise us. She's always been graceful on her feet, has ice skated since a baby so knows how to work her feet. And on the old Donny & Marie show, she was pretty graceful in the opening ice skating scenes of every show. (Oy vey, Manny, I hate myself now, too, lol) There's just no way I can have any negative opinions of any of the Osmonds, so I hope she does well, but considering the problems she's had lately, and that she's in the midst of a divorce and selling her family home because of the heartbreak, I hope she has fun for as long as she's on the season. Some people may find Osmonds corny and sugary, but I like what she is and what she brings to a tv screen. And she does have a way of lighting up a room, so good luck to her and Jonathan. As for Jonathan, I'm happy for him that this season he has a partner who is actually beloved all over the world, and who is a legitimate celeb. I think he'll enjoy working with Marie.

Mark Cuban & Kym Johnson -- Oooh, ugly dude. Nothing much to say about Mark, I guess we've all seen how he can be, both the good and the bad. The best thing I can say about this wealthy entrepreneur being on the show is that at least it isn't Donald Trump! As for Kym, I really really like Kym and I'd love to see her be in the finals this season, but I don't think Cuban will get her there.

Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani -- Ahhh, Serena from the original Battlestar Galactica and Somewhere In Time. I like Jane a lot, but I think it's her bad luck to be partnered with Tony. And with Tony as her pro partner, I don't think she'll go the distance, but I'm going to enjoy every episode she's on. And it would be so perfect if they could have the theme song to Somewhere In Time as their music for her waltz. Billy Ray got his mullet song, so let Jane have the theme song to probably her best movie as her waltz song. (and Tony, you better treat her like the lady she is)

Albert Reed & Anna Trebunskaya -- Ick, this guy is a model? Ick, yucky facial fuzz that I hate so much. I actually never understood DWtS's desire to have models in the show, they do nothing for me, male or female, but oh well. This guy looks creepy to me, though. It'll be nice to see Anna again, with the megawatt smile.

Floyd Mayweather & Karina Smirnoff -- The Beauty and The Beast, with Mayweather as The Beauty. Poor, poor man, you got the worst pick of the litter. It's a good thing he's so easygoing and charming, perhaps he can counter the mouth and attitude of Karina. And perhaps she can learn from him how to be a good sport when you lose in a competition, so I don't keep feeling the urge to smack her face when it shows up on my tv screen.

Josie Maran & Alec Mazo -- Another model/ex-model. Yawn. Alec Mazo's back. Okay. Next!

Jennie Garth & Derek Hough -- Well, I have to admit that I have an innate negative opinion of anyone who starred in 90210, so I'm sure that'll cloud my opinion of Garth during the season. I'll try to keep an open mind, but it'll be hard. It'll be very interesting to see a brother and sister on the same show as the dance pros, so watching Derek will be something to look forward to. Having Garth as his partner keeps me from rooting for their team, but I think I'll enjoy watching him, to see how he does in this (semi) pro setting.

Helio Castroneves & Julianne Hough -- I don't know anything about this guy, never heard of him, which isn't surprising since I don't follow sports. In his picture, he looks like a dufus, but as I said above... I realize looks can be deceiving. He isn't ugly, just goofy looking. At least he's smiling in his picture, which I think is probably a requirement for being paired with Julianne. It'll be nice to watch Julianne this season, now that she's had a chance to get a bit of tv seasoning. She's probably about 3rd or 4th on my list of favorite female pro dancers on DWtS, so I'll wish her and Helio well, unless he turns out to be a jerk.

Note to ABC/DWtS, et al: Please start working now on signing up Steve Martin and Donny Osmond for future seasons. Thank you very much.

Oh, and finally..... THANK YOU for not bringing back scary Brian Fortuna this season!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I also wish Louis was back. He is one of my favorite pros. But, he is a little guy at about 5'7" +/- so his partner would have to be pretty small (especially wearing the required high heels). Last year, he was out because all of the women were quite tall. But, some of the women this time are not all that tall (Jane Seymour is only about 5'5") so I am surprised he wasn't matched up with one.

I can't stand Wayne Newton - Mr. Phony Baloney in my opinion. Poor Kym, she can't catch a break. But she's good with the older guys.

I LUV Maks - it's not only because he is sooo masculine and oozes sex appeal, but I also really enjoy watching him perform. The only problem is - I don't watch his partner - I focus on him. The partnering with Melanie Brown - kind of like last season, but she may be more of a diva than Laila Ali. If so, I can see those two going at it - big time!

Jane Seymour is one of my favorite actress and I've always thought she was one of the most beautiful actresses ever. She is aging well and still seems pretty youthful. She is also a class act. I hope she does well.

+ Reply to Thread