+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With The Stars 5 - *Possible Spoilers*

Re: Dancing With The Stars 5 - *Possible Spoilers*

Well, seeing whom Edyta is paired up with, Maybe she'll got top 2 or 3 this year.

Apparently, Samantha Harris will have her child in early October. WHo knows what they are going to do about the co-host.

MELANIE BROWN - "Mel B.," a.k.a. "Scary Spice," is best known as a member of the Spice Girls, the hit British music group that put "girl power" on the map and took the world by storm in 1996. For the first time in six years, she reunites with her four bandmates to embark on a world tour this December. Brown is also a mother, entrepreneur and actress who starred in Rent as Mimi on Broadway, in The Vagina Monologues in London, and hosted the British TV series This is My Moment. She is partnered with MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY, who returns for his fourth season.

SABRINA BRYAN - Actress and recording artist Sabrina Bryan starred as a member of an all-girl singing group in Disney Channel's original movie, The Cheetah Girls. The hit movie translated into musical success for the girls, who went on to release two albums and toured the U.S. as The Cheetah Girls. Bryan is set to star in the upcoming The Cheetah Girls 3. She has also starred in The Bold and the Beautiful. Bryan is partnered with newcomer MARK BALLAS.

HELIO CASTRONEVES - The two-time Indianapolis 500 champion began the celebratory tradition of climbing the racetrack fence in 2001, racing for Team Penske. A native of Brazil, Castroneves is partner and owner of the NasrCastroneves racing team, which competes in the Brazilian Stock Car V8 Championship. He has amassed twelve wins and forty-nine top five finishes during his IndyCar career. Castroneves teams with reigning champ JULIANNE HOUGH, who returns for her sophomore season

MARK CUBAN - Cuban is the owner of the Dallas Mavericks NBA basketball team. He is the highly successful entrepreneur who founded HDNet, Broadcast.com and MicroSolutions. Cuban went on to sell Broadcast.com and Micro Solutions to Yahoo! and CompuServe, respectively. He is partnered with KYM JOHNSON, who returns for her third season.

JENNIE GARTH - Garth rose to stardom in the popular television series Beverly Hills: 90210. She since starred in the sitcom What I Like About You for four seasons. Over the course of her career, she has produced and starred in several made-for-TV movies. Her most recent project was a lead role in Lifetime's Girl, Positive, which was the network's highest-rated movie this year. Garth's partner is newcomer DEREK HOUGH, brother of Season Four winner Julianne Hough.

JOSIE MARAN - Model/actress Josie Maran has graced the pages of some of the biggest magazines, including multiple covers for Glamour and appearances in Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Issue. She's also been featured in national ad campaigns for Guess and Maybelline, and has appeared in such films as The Aviator and Van Helsing. Today Maran is a busy entrepreneur, activist and new mom. She launches her eponymous eco-chic cosmetic line, Josie Maran Cosmetics, this fall, and is a spokesperson for the national environmental organization Global Green. Maran is paired with Season One winner ALEC MAZO, who makes his third appearance.

CAMERON MATHISON - Mathison joined the cast of All My Children in January 1989 as Ryan Lavery. After leaving the show for a year, he returned in 2003 to reprise this fan-favorite role, for which he has received an Emmy nomination. He is also presently hosting the fourth season of SOAPnet's reality series, I Wanna Be A Soap Star. His television credits also include The Drew Cary Show, CSI, JAG, What I Like About You, F/X: The Series, the television movie Any Mother's Son, and ABC Family's See Jane Date. Mathison's partner is EDYTA SLIWINSKA, the only professional dancer to appear in all five seasons.

FLOYD MAYWEATHER - "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather is a six-time world champion in five different weight classes and the current RING and World Boxing Council Welterweight Champion of the World, with an astounding undefeated record of 38-0, with 24 knockouts. He is universally recognized as pound-for-pound the best fighter in the world. Mayweather teams with KARINA SMIRNOFF, who returns for her third season.

WAYNE NEWTON - The Legend, Mr. Las Vegas, is enjoying a career that few dare even dream about, having performed more live shows than any other single performer in Las Vegas history, with no signs of slowing down. He has been mentored by such talents as Jackie Gleason, Lucille Ball, Bobby Darin, Jack Benny and Frank Sinatra, which has inspired him to great success in motion pictures, television and recordings. As Chairman of the USO Celebrity Circle, Newton recently said, "I want to use my head for myself and my heart for mankind." He is partnered with two-time champ CHERYL BURKE.

MARIE OSMOND - Osmond won the hearts of fans as co-host of the popular variety program, The Donny & Marie Show. She has since starred in several made for television movies, co-hosted Ripley's Believe It or Not, achieved success as a recording artist, performed on Broadway, made the New York Times bestselling authors list, and established herself as an entrepreneur with her highly successful Marie Osmond Collectible Doll line. She is also the co-founder and co-host of the Children's Miracle Network. Osmond will be led by JONATHAN ROBERTS, who returns for his fourth season.

ALBERT REED - Model Albert Reed has been featured in national ad campaigns for Abercrombie & Fitch, Diesel Clothing, Arrow Clothing, Rayban and Reebok, to name a few. The free-spirited 22-year-old has walked the catwalk for Chanel, Levis and Michael Kors. Growing up in Miami, Reed surfed competitively into his late teens, winning several titles. He is also an actor, musician and artist. He teams up with ANNA TREBUNSKAYA, who returns for her second season.

JANE SEYMOUR - Actress/artist/author/activist/designer and Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning British born Jane Seymour is a star of motion pictures (Wedding Crashers, Live and Let Die, Somewhere in Time) and television, ranging from her six-season Western drama, Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman, to her reign as 'Queen of the Mini-Series,' so dubbed by critics and the media. In addition Seymour is a bestselling author, widely successful artist, designer of her own line of homewares and accessories, and an activist on behalf of underprivileged and abused children around the world. Seymour is paired with TONY DOVOLANI, who returns for his fourth season.

This is the announcement released by ABC.

OOOO Josie and Alec are going to be hot together. Nice!

Isn't Derek quite a bit younger than Jennie G?

Yay Edyta! Maybe she might finally have a fighting chance.. if he can dance. At least he looks good.

Hasn't Marie gained quit a bit of weight? Its hard to tell because her weight fluctuates a lot. Nothing wrong with her being heavy, just think it might be a hindrance when it comes to dancing and the costumes and stuff. Remember what happened with Tia and her weight?

Reed is 22? Wow, he looks a lot older than that in his pictures.

You know, they are almost predictable with their pairings. They have their stereotypes that they cast with their dancers. Think back to the types Tony has gotten, Maks, etc.

FORT Fogey

Cam is hotter than hot!! I have never been interested in watching this before, but with Cam appearing, I'm hooked.

Something tells me he will be getting some free publicity from his good friend, Kelly Ripa too, so hopefully he will go far in the competition.

Sabrina Bryan! lol i like her, she's a very talented young girl! Im also anxious to see Mel B. in action as well, but im rooting for Sabrina all the way!

OK I actually taped GMA so I could see the announcement (if anybody else did its in the second hour) and I'm glad to say that I actually found the right images for everybody.

They did a phone interview with Jane and my liking of her has increased even more after hearing it. I've always liked her but she's just so sweet! Evidently she was in the audience a lot for many of the shows and Tom would keep asking her in a round a bout way to be on the show. They asked her what finally convinced her to do it and she said it was her mum and her fans. She very quietly asked her fans and they said they would love to see her on the show and then she talked to her mother about it. Found out the English version of the show was her mothers favorite show and her mother told her to do it. She said that her mother had had a stroke and those were the only words she had spoken in a long time. She said she had many reasons for not wanting to do the show but her fans and her mother finally convinced her to do it. Oh and that her ballet training ended when she was 16 and got injured and she hasn't danced since.

I'm so excited for this season and it was so cool seeing Tom and Carrie Ann again on GMA. Didn't realize how much I missed them!! Nothing was said about Samantha and what they would do with her co-host slot.

And yahoo tv has some really good photos up of all the contestants a long with their announcement.

Edited to add: If you didn't record it, yahoo tv has a clip of the GMA announcement on their DWTS page.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 08-29-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

On looks and appeal alone, my vote goes to Cameron and Edyta! Wow!

I kind of feel bad for Tony, he always gets paired with the older ladies. However, Jane may surprise us, I hope so, I like her. Height wise, she is so petite, she will be much shorter than Tony.

I also pick as an early favorite, Maks and Melanie Brown. They will look very good together.

After last season, Cheryl must have pissed off someone to end up with Wayne Newton. There is no way he can last that long given the strenuous schedule they have.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

I was wondering the same thing, DesertRose! Whose cheerio's did she pee in?

I'm looking forward to seeing how Tony and Jane do. But my preseason favorites have got to be Mark Cuban and Kym Johnson. I think they'll look dynamite together, and if he can move, I think they have the potential to be one hot couple. Also eager to see how Julianne does with a new partner. I remember liking her brother last year when he was showcased, but I'm not sure the match with Jennie Garth will work - she's a lot older than he is, but they're both so "cute" it could work... We'll see. I wish Karina had been paired with someone else, because I think Pretty Boy Floyd could be a favorite of mine, too. But I'll never ever vote for him paired up with that little witch.

+ Reply to Thread