+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With The Stars 5 - *Possible Spoilers*

Re: Dancing With The Stars 5 - *Possible Spoilers*

Same here, I can't stand AJ.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I love her............
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fan

i think they should have the high school musical cast come and sing...that would keep alot of teens watching....

FORT Newbie

I'm only interested in whoever is paired with Maks, I only watch the show for him as do many other viewers. I love dancing and I enjoy seeing all the pros, the real stars of the show, but Maks is just irresistible. He may be a pretty boy to some or a hot manly hunk to others, he may come as arrogant or rude, but above evrything he's just an incredible dancer. I enjoy watching him dance and rehearse, he's beautiful and stunning. The rest of the pros are great to watch too. So who cares about the wannabe stars?

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

In many ways I agree with you, Ninuski. The pro dancers are amazing and they really make this show what it is. But without the "stars" what have we got? A bunch of professional dancers that are fun to watch, but no real premise for a reality show that would draw in new viewers. I personally think it's fun to see these "stars" struggling almost as much as I would in a similar situation.

I don't think a show with just pros would be a hit. They have those types of shows on various cable stations and they aren't popular enough to make the major stations. Unfortunately. They need the stars to get those people who aren't die hard fans of dance to tune in. Plus, a lot of them watch just to see who will fall flat on their face (who will be the next Tucker or Billy Ray or even Master Pathetic) so they can laugh and gossip about them.

I would love to see a show with just the stars but it would never make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2558754;
    I don't think a show with just pros would be a hit. They have those types of shows on various cable stations and they aren't popular enough to make the major stations. Unfortunately. They need the stars to get those people who aren't die hard fans of dance to tune in. Plus, a lot of them watch just to see who will fall flat on their face (who will be the next Tucker or Billy Ray or even Master Pathetic) so they can laugh and gossip about them.
    I totally agree with that. Although I dislike arrogant Maks, and don't think he's the best male dancer on the show (certainly not the worst, and certainly he's good, but I don't think 'the best'), I love Cheryl and think she is the best dancer overall, and although I love ballroom dancing, I still wouldn't be interested in watching a show that featured just the pros. It's the celeb factor that drew my interest -- it combines three worlds I enjoy, which is ballroom dancing, television, and celebs outside their comfort zone. The celebs need the pros to keep the show from being just a tune-in-one-time-only show, and the pros need the celebs to put their talents into the mainstream tv viewing audience. It's a good balance that brings something for everyone to enjoy.

Now... about that cheap trophy, though......
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2552770;
    *sits up and blinks* Aussie guy? Chest hair? Who?
    Nick Kosovich paired with Vivica Fox 2 seasons ago.

oooo yuck, sorry don't think Nick is hot at all. He's Aussie? I didn't know that. Now he's rather smarmy and creepy looking (at least to me lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninuski;2558567;
    I'm only interested in whoever is paired with Maks, I only watch the show for him as do many other viewers. I love dancing and I enjoy seeing all the pros, the real stars of the show, but Maks is just irresistible. He may be a pretty boy to some or a hot manly hunk to others, he may come as arrogant or rude, but above evrything he's just an incredible dancer. I enjoy watching him dance and rehearse, he's beautiful and stunning. The rest of the pros are great to watch too. So who cares about the wannabe stars?
    I agree, I love to watch Maks dance because he moves so beautifully. I like the competition part of having the stars dancing and how they progress during the show, but I really really enjoy watching the pros perform when they dance together.

+ Reply to Thread