+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;2412293;
    And if he really didn't know how to break dance before this week ... I'm doubly impressed.
    Apolo's been breakdancing for years. I know that when I was researching all the celebs for this season when they were announced, I found a few video clips of Apolo being interviewed in regards to his Olympics achievements, and in a couple of those, Apolo gave a few minutes of breakdancing for his fans, which drove them to squeals of delight. I can't remember where I found those, but I'm sure a quick google will find them for you, as that's how I found them.

And to those asking about Justin Timberlake, wondering if he's been supportive of Joey... Oh definately. Don't you guys remember seeing even during a couple of the DWtS episodes where they played a brief tape of Justin wishing Joey good luck, even telling him "you better win, bro, or we aren't friends!". (Poor choice of words, imho, but I guess that's how they talk to each other, ) And Justin's been asked several times on mini-interviews on E! how he thinks Joey will do on DWtS and Justin's been very supportive, saying he thinks Joey will win, that he's got his heart into it and is dancing really well. So Joey has Justin's support.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    I agree that Maks is a terrible choreographer .. but I want to point out that not all females on this board lust after him. He does nothing at all for me.
    Same here. I was starting to at least warm up to him somewhat this season, but then he went and blew it by talking back to the judges, his new obsession with his bare chest, and his attitude of arrogance and acting like he thinks he's the star instead of the pro dancer. In the end, Laila got a partner who didn't do right by her. Maks' constant finding of ways to have his chest bared was annoying, not sexy.

All in all, I was really disappointed in last night's dances. I was looking forward to them, as the previous 3 seasons always had a lot of excitement and greatly entertaining dancing on the Free Styles and finale dances. But none of the 6 dances last nite were exciting much. I've already mentioned how lackluster and mediocre I felt L/M's dances were, and I can't honestly say I enjoyed A/J's dances either. The rumba was boring, with no rhumba 'soul' in it -- can't blame them entirely for that, the music was awful. I didn't like A/J's free style either. Very disappointing, I was really expecting so much more from them, something jaw-dropping and unique. It was neither And J/K's dances, although the better of the night, still didn't live up to what I expected from him. I will give Joey/Kym the night, but it's not saying all that much.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

Where do people get the impression Joey was any more of a professional dancer prior to this show than Drew was? Drew was part of a boy band and, as I recall, most were quick to point out that the experience may have given him some prior experience in learning how to move, that type of boy-band dancing and ballroom dancing were completely different and required different skill sets, different muscles, different everything.

I think people's personal dislike of Joey is showing through. And I guess I just don't get that. I've enjoyed A/J, but at the end of the day, for a ballroom competition, I think J/K have been the best and most improved ballroom dancing couple on the show this season.

But I'm sure Apolo fans will prove me wrong tonight.

And to those asking about Justin Timberlake, wondering if he's been supportive of Joey... Oh definately. Don't you guys remember seeing even during a couple of the DWtS episodes where they played a brief tape of Justin wishing Joey good luck, even telling him "you better win, bro, or we aren't friends!". (Poor choice of words, imho, but I guess that's how they talk to each other, ) And Justin's been asked several times on mini-interviews on E! how he thinks Joey will do on DWtS and Justin's been very supportive, saying he thinks Joey will win, that he's got his heart into it and is dancing really well. So Joey has Justin's support.
    Thanks! I hadn't seen or heard anything about JT, but then I mostly hang around FORT. I knew someone here would know
    Tahoe bound....

The finals were underwhelming. The semi-final dances were so much better. I was really expecting a great deal more than anyone delivered. I did like A/J and K/J free-styles but otherwise it wasn't a great show.

I think if Len hadn't criticized A/J's chair use in their first rumba, as well as marking them down last week for being too raunchy they would have done a better job. It looked like they were holding back a little on the passion they have exhibited previously. (I don't know what choreography Len thought they would do when they give them the song "Push It" to dance to.)

I think Joey's first dance was too free-style, but their real free-style was good. I agree with Krom who said that Maks's choreography is lacking. I don't know if Laila is difficult to work with, but he doesn't seem to know how to choreograph as well as Julianne, Kym, or Cheryl. I don't believe it's a matter of boy v. girl either. I don't think it would have helped L/M all that much but I wish they would allow lifting back into the dances like they had in the first season. It really does allow a female star to show off a little.

I think that while Louis is a good choreographer he isn't a good choreographer for this show. He expects a lot of his dancers and wants the judges to recognize that the steps they are doing are more difficult, but a lot of average people that watch this show know nothing about what are intermediate steps and judge based on how it looks. When the dancers are struggling a bit that is a distraction for those of us who have never been taught what the difference is. (not that Louis was in this season-but he's one that doesn't show off his partners to their best like Maks).

I have been voting all along for A/J and L/M but last night I threw all my votes to Apolo. I have liked Laila but last night she didn't do as well as she has been doing. In fact all of them seemed a bit lack-luster last night. I hope tonight is better. And I hope Apolo wins! So far all of my favorites have won, so I have high hopes that this year will not be different

I can't believe that Joey has not been continuously busted on for having prior dance experience as an adult after the abuse Mario took for dancing as a kid. Drew and Joey were both in boy bands, but 98 degrees didn't dance AT ALL and 'NSYNC was all about dancing. Just because it wasn't ballroom dancing doesn't mean he didn't have a big advantage over the others by just being comfortable with choreography.

I don't know if anyone touch based on this already or not...but why was Kelly still recognized as the winner of DWTS season 1? I thought that there was a rematch which John Ohurley won...? Personally, I preferred Kelly over whiney John, but I thought the rematch put him through as the winner...?

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2415200;
    I don't know if anyone touch based on this already or not...but why was Kelly still recognized as the winner of DWTS season 1? I thought that there was a rematch which John Ohurley won...? Personally, I preferred Kelly over whiney John, but I thought the rematch put him through as the winner...?
    Under his name they listed him as the winner of the dance-off. Kelly is still considered the winner of season 1.

+ Reply to Thread