+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Christiii;2411198;
    Since when do they have a finale with three couples?? It was much more exciting with two, for some reason.
    In season 2 it was a three-way final between Drew, Jerry, and Stacy. I actually prefer a two person final like they did last season and it should have come down to Apolo and Joey. I'm hoping for Apolo to win. He and Julianne have been amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2410810;
    's ok, Nemeses. I've said all along more Maks for me that way.

I agree that was not a very good freestyle, and elegant and sensual are both Laila and Maks' strengths, but they should be judged on the dance they did, not the dance style they should have done.
    I agree with you that Laila and Maks' dance should be judged on what they did, instead of what they should have done. And that's what my comments were directed at, but it's still worth commenting (for me) that I agreed with the judges on their comments about how they should have played to Laila's strengths, which was an edge Joey and Apolo didn't have. As a champion fighter, Laila of all people should have known that you maximize your strengths and take advantage of any edges you have over your opponent.

I don't know which of the two -- Maks or Laila -- was responsible for giving the go-ahead on that FS routine, but which ever it was should be slapped and dunked in a vat of ice cold water. It wasn't even a question of Laila being able to do the 'harder' steps that Maks was doing because Maks wasn't doing anything hard. The entire routine was just so... so... mediocre. That wasn't a dance of a team fighting to win the ugly trophy, that was a dance of a dance pro who's forgotten his priorities and is mesmerized by his own chest.

anemone, I know this is a lot to ask of you, but could you take Maks home for the summer and do whatever you gotta do to adjust his attitude for next season? We'll look the other way and not ask any questions about what you do with him, just fix him, he's broken.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Newbie

I am so bummed.... we had a power outage halfway through the show, so I only saw the first three dances. The power was out for 2 hours. And because of the power outage, my phone was out too, so I wasn't able to vote. Did manage to get one vote through on my cell, but then when I tried again, the call wouldn't go through. I hope you gave all your votes to Apolo to make up for the votes I wan't able to place.

Will there be voting again tomorrow night?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dumbgeorge;2411599;
    I am so bummed.... we had a power outage halfway through the show, so I only saw the first three dances. The power was out for 2 hours. And because of the power outage, my phone was out too, so I wasn't able to vote. Did manage to get one vote through on my cell, but then when I tried again, the call wouldn't go through. I hope you gave all your votes to Apolo to make up for the votes I wan't able to place.

Will there be voting again tomorrow night?

That is a total bummer! The same thing happened to me during the finale of American Idol last year!!! Apolo's and Joey's second dances were awesome, and they are definatley worth trying to watch if you can.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2411517;
    Just saw this on tape.

Laila's downfall is Maks. Yes, I know the female contingent here lusts endlessly after him, but as a choreographer, he ain't that great. Leila had strengths and it was his job to push her towards them. And he didn't.

Conversely, Apolo's strength is Julianne--who face it has been the star of the season more than any celeb. She's a great choreographer, not just for her age, but for any age, she's stunning looking with an edge of "cute" which appeals across gender lines, and her dancing is young and fresh OR classic and elegant whichever it needs to be.

Joey got a good partner too, especially from the choreography end, but Kym isn't quite as magnetic to watch as Julianne.

Tomorrow may change things, but at this point Apolo deserves to win it--thanks almost completely to Julianne. He's held his own with her dance-wise admittedly, but it took her brains and planning, and an equal or greater portion of her charm, to pull this off.
    I think the trainer-trainee relationsips are two-way streets. The trainer can't train the trainee without the trainee's acceptance. I would guess that all the professional dancers take their celebrity partners as far as the celebrities let them.

Takes two to tango.

I'm popping in on the last page, didn't get to see the show tonight, but always like to blurt an opinion (LOL!):
    I've gotten the impression from past weeks that Laila is extremely hard to coach. She's very strong, very opinionated, and I doubt she is willing to take much criticism during rehearsals. I think she knows what she wants to do, and God help anyone trying to tell her otherwise.

It's that powerful determination that has made her a champion in a violent sport. But I don't think the same attitude necessarily lends itself well to DANCE championships.

I agree, Krom, I think Julienne is a great dancer who seems to excel across the span of dance genres, and she is fun and lively to watch. I'm a huge fan of the Apollo/Julianne dance team!! (I just don't know how to spell either of their names.)

Anyway, I'm hoping they'll win because I just love seeing them perform. Apollo is so into it -- he really makes me believe he is having the time of his life dancing the dance.

Also, I will add that I wouldn't be disappointed if they fell in love, either

I agree, I hope it's Apollo and Julianne.

Tonight's show should be good with Drew and Emmitt back.

I have liked Apolo and Julianne all season, but they just didn't deliver, for me, last night.

So, I voted for Joey - he and Kym were better in these final performances, as far as I could see.

I will say, I vote on the individual weeks, not the season in total.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

A/J is truly the couple who deserve to win.

+ Reply to Thread