+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

's ok, Nemeses. I've said all along more Maks for me that way.

I agree that was not a very good freestyle, and elegant and sensual are both Laila and Maks' strengths, but they should be judged on the dance they did, not the dance style they should have done. Apolo and Juliane did one in the similar style,even a couple of the same moves, and the judges praised them for their originality and cleverness. Granted, A & J did a much better job of it. I understand that. But, a little consistency in judging, please.
    Oh wait! This is Dancing with the Stars. What the heck was I thinking!!

I am a fan of Laila & Maks and have been from the 1st show. I am glad they made the finals, as that was deserved. But I am a realist, too. I think and hope that Apolo & Juliane will win. They have consistently shone in this competition. Juliane's choreography has been outstanding for each dance and Apolo has risen to each challenge. Plus, they're both so darn cute!

I guess the only way I won't be happy is if Joey and Kim win. A little too much flash and trash and not enough actual content. Cheesy and cocky are not a good combo, IMO. I refer to Joey. Kim, I liked both last season and this season.

Fluff: I am having a lot of trouble at abc.com, too. It takes forever, then it says, "Thanks for voting" and "You have 5 votes left." The number of votes never goes lower. I have no idea if I can vote unlimited times or if none of my votes are registering! I also tried by phone and after 3 confirmed votes, it says, "You have reached your limit from this phone line." I thought there were 5 votes per line tonight. . .?

Let me be the first to holler, "Conspiracy!" and "Vote fixing!" Just kidding!

Laila, the freestyle really shows off her weakness. For a boxer and an athelete she cannot move her hips and legs very fast. If she could move as fast as Maks and do the same steps she would be the clear winner but she cannot. I also get the impression that he choerographs to make himself look good and not so much his partner. It could be his partner just cannot do it.

I love to see couples dance the paso but Laila does not bring any passion or musicality or rhythm. She does not seem to feel it and when I see her dance the paso I don't feel her at all.

Joey impressed me in the cha cha as I saw him moving his hips and doing, not as well, the lower body movements that the professiona male dancers do. Apolo has also improved in this area, especially with opening up his hips.

Clearly it is going to be either Joey or Apolo as the winner. While I want Joey to win, if Apolo wins, it will be OK with me unlike the previous season's total robbing of Mario by Emmett.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I am really surprised that the judges scored Joey so much lower than Apolo.
    All my votes went to Joey and I hope he got enough to level things out for tomorrow. I thought he and Kym rocked both dances. I agreed with the judges that Apolo and Julianne's Rumba was too fast. But their first Rumba in the competition was too fast, also, yet the judges praised that one.
    It can get confusing sometimes.

"If you want to change the world, change yourself."
    --Author Unknown

y'all do know that although Julianne gets credited with the choreography, she gets help from other people. Her bro helps out Apollo behind the scenes with his technique. Tonight, a b-boy choreographed and taught Apollo and Julianne how to do some basic break moves.

Since when do they have a finale with three couples?? It was much more exciting with two, for some reason.

I had no trouble voting on abc.com i did it around 1130pmEST and quickly used my 5 votes

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee;2411154;
    y'all do know that although Julianne gets credited with the choreography, she gets help from other people. Her bro helps out Apollo behind the scenes with his technique. Tonight, a b-boy choreographed and taught Apollo and Julianne how to do some basic break moves.
    Her brother came in and helped that one time, but I think he's back in London starring in Footloose on stage, isn't he?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Did anyone catch the look between Apolo and Julianne in their first dance? When he grabbed her head and pulled her up close to him? He looked like he wanted to eat her for dinner!

I'm also wondering if the tongue thing he does is a habit...maybe licking his lips while skating? I imagine they dry out quick in the cold...

Quote Originally Posted by Christiii;2411198;
    Since when do they have a finale with three couples?? It was much more exciting with two, for some reason.
    That's what I was wondering too. I for some reason had a hard time believing tonight was the finale dances. I kept saying "but there are 3 dancers left". I was kind of hoping it'd be wittled down to the final two first. I'd really like to see Joey or Apollo win it.

Just saw this on tape.

Laila's downfall is Maks. Yes, I know the female contingent here lusts endlessly after him, but as a choreographer, he ain't that great. Leila had strengths and it was his job to push her towards them. And he didn't.

Conversely, Apolo's strength is Julianne--who face it has been the star of the season more than any celeb. She's a great choreographer, not just for her age, but for any age, she's stunning looking with an edge of "cute" which appeals across gender lines, and her dancing is young and fresh OR classic and elegant whichever it needs to be.

Joey got a good partner too, especially from the choreography end, but Kym isn't quite as magnetic to watch as Julianne.

Tomorrow may change things, but at this point Apolo deserves to win it--thanks almost completely to Julianne. He's held his own with her dance-wise admittedly, but it took her brains and planning, and an equal or greater portion of her charm, to pull this off.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread