+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 5/14 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/14 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2391512;
    I think Ian got scores he didn't deserve on his first dance again. His dance was much better than Laila's, yet she gets 30 and he gets 28. It should have been the other way around. It's obvious the judges are manipulating the votes so that the final three is Laila, Joey and Apollo.
    Well said! Honestly, I preferred their first dance to their second dance. But I had a feeling the judges would gype them yet again. I definitely think they deserved a 30 if Laila/Max got one. I think that the judges/producers bias is why I don't get so invested in shows like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Let's not forget that this is really a popularity contest, as opposed to a dancing contest. There is no other explanation for Ian still being there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2392138;
    Let's not forget that this is really a popularity contest, as opposed to a dancing contest. There is no other explanation for Ian still being there.
    Or for Paulina going first...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2392138;
    Or maybe, just maybe, people notice that Ian is a technically good dancer and vote for him because of that. I hope he makes it to the final 3 and I honestly do not mind would be eliminated for that to happen
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Ian has really benefitted from Cheryl's fan base as well. Both Cheryl and Maks have a huge fanbase of their own who would vote for Cheryl or Maks' teams no matter how good or bad their celeb partner is. I'm amazed sometimes, when I'm lazily surfing the internet, how active their respective fans are in 'getting the vote out'.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2392367;
    Ian has really benefitted from Cheryl's fan base as well. Both Cheryl and Maks have a huge fanbase of their own who would vote for Cheryl or Maks' teams no matter how good or bad their celeb partner is. I'm amazed sometimes, when I'm lazily surfing the internet, how active their respective fans are in 'getting the vote out'.
    This is first season that I have actually liked Cheryl. I agree that she has lots of fans and is talented, but any time I have voted for her it is because I think her partner is talented. Her personality bugs me.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I didn't want to I had to redfitgirl's Avatar

I totally think that Apolo and Julianne got robbed last night! They should have gotten 60 out of 60 if Laila and Maks did. Their Cha cha was awesome! Len is an old fuddy duddy and besides Apolo didn't make up the dance - Julianne did. It wasn't his fault if it wasn't a proper Cha cha. He danced the #@*! out of it. I'm sorry, but it is time for Laila to go - I think the judges are just scared she will knock them out if they don't give her a good score. Ha! (Okay that was a little harsh, but Apolo and Joey are the bees knees.)
    Admitted Reality TV Addict!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2390057;
    Len thinks it was too raunchy.
    I'm forced to agree with him. I think I caught a glimpse of Bruno pulling bills out of his wallet and waving them at her. She crossed the good taste line on this routine.

Much of the music (as usual) was appalling tonight. Forcing them to design routines around inappropriate songs is unfair.

To me Apolo's quickstep was far superior to Laila's. Maks said something about sticking with the basics being harder than the flashier choreography. I don't really understand that.

The way they were throwing around the undeserved 10's made them far less of an accomplishment.

I want an Apolo and Laila final.

To the Point

No, No, No, Laila needs to go. She just isn't as accomplished in the dance. Joey is much better, as is Apolo. I really like her, but she's not in the same league at this point. I'm sure the judges will throw her votes, but really, the boys are both better.

FORT Fan

Isn't next week, May 21, the last? The final will be with three, not with two? It's a good idea, because 2 couples can't fill up the time, it's hard enough for three. Then you have first, second and third, which makes sense.

+ Reply to Thread