+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 5/14 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/14 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Who do you guys think will go home this week?

Ok, finally got to see it. There is absolutely no way Laila deserved the scores she got. The level of difficulty was just not there and she just doesn't have the pizazz that Apolo or Joey have. I'm not saying she has to be as good as the women professionals, but she isn't even as good as the male celebrities.

Apolo was robbed on his second dance. I hope Laila goes home, but I'm hoping that if not her, then Ian. Joey and Apolo have to be the F2.

I'm not sure who I would vote for if it is Joey and Apolo, they are so different and talented in their own way.

Joey's and Apolo's last dances were the best of the night. I hope Apolo gets the fan votes tonight... he's going to need them.
    Tahoe bound....

I think Ian is going home. Second choice would be L. Just gut feeling, not my opinion on dancing, mind you.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2390952;
    Who do you guys think will go home this week?
    Ian/Cheryl most likely, though I think it could also be Laila/Max. No way does A/J or J/K deserve to go home this week or bottom 2.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-15-2007 at 01:34 AM.

FORT Newbie

I adored both Laila and Maks dances. The Egyptian dance was appropriate for the music. The cha cha was a cha cha with the right steps and the right movements. Love their chemistry.

Going Home - Ian maybe Joey Hard to tell. Len blasted Maks last week and I think it just boiled over this week. I didn't mind it one bit.

I think Ian got scores he didn't deserve on his first dance again. His dance was much better than Laila's, yet she gets 30 and he gets 28. It should have been the other way around. It's obvious the judges are manipulating the votes so that the final three is Laila, Joey and Apollo.

Len is an idiot. Apollo and Julianne deserted a 30 on that last dance. I loved Bruno's reaction to Len giving them a 9 when his head went straight down on the table. All my votes went to Apollo and Julianne. The crowd loves them and were so loud after each dance it was just amazing how much the audience loves them that the judges were not able to give their comments for them being so loud. Both dance were fantastic and deserving of perfect scores.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

To the Point

Apolo and Joey are so much better than Laila or Ian! The scores were total garbage! They've made a joke out of the scores. Why bother?

Laila, while a nice lady and a great competitor, just isn't that great. Her arms are as much of an issue for her as Ian's inability to have fluidity is for him. Laila's choreography is no where close to that of Apolo or Joey. Sorry, the judges are doing a disservice...I realize that this show is for entertainment purposes, but don't call them judges if they are just there to throw undeserved scores around (+ or -). You can't give scores to a couple based on comparing them to themselves. This is a competition and difficulty and performance both should matter and be rewarded. That certainly didn't happen last night. Apolo's quick step was actually a quick step with amazing difficulty, Laila's was a moderate step with moderate difficulty. Those aren't even close to being equal.

Sorry, things like this drive me nuts. I am expecting to be disappointed in the elimination tonight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;2391554;
    Apolo and Joey are so much better than Laila or Ian! The scores were total garbage! They've made a joke out of the scores. Why bother?

Laila, while a nice lady and a great competitor, just isn't that great. Her arms are as much of an issue for her as Ian's inability to have fluidity is for him. Laila's choreography is no where close to that of Apolo or Joey. Sorry, the judges are doing a disservice...I realize that this show is for entertainment purposes, but don't call them judges if they are just there to throw undeserved scores around (+ or -). You can't give scores to a couple based on comparing them to themselves. This is a competition and difficulty and performance both should matter and be rewarded. That certainly didn't happen last night. Apolo's quick step was actually a quick step with amazing difficulty, Laila's was a moderate step with moderate difficulty. Those aren't even close to being equal.

Sorry, things like this drive me nuts. I am expecting to be disappointed in the elimination tonight.
    Not if you vote like crazy before noon (EST) at abc.com.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2391512;
    I think Ian got scores he didn't deserve on his first dance again. His dance was much better than Laila's, yet she gets 30 and he gets 28. It should have been the other way around. It's obvious the judges are manipulating the votes so that the final three is Laila, Joey and Apollo.
    I totally agree with you. Ian was doing so much better than BRC and yet would get scored just a tad higher. Ian and Laila's skill was on par. But Ian has made improvements and Laila has not, or they are very slight. That is why I want to see Ian in the final 3 and not Laila.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread