+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It took nerve just to get out there and compete.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Did Bruno apologize at all tonight?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2377608;
    I'm not surprised that any of them would have wound up in the bottom 2 with BRC. It's all about fan support now, BR should have been gone long ago. Joey better pray people didn't pity him even more after having his dancing called crap and throw him votes.

I can't get too invested in any of the couples because the voting seems based on fan support, not support for the best dancer. I just watch and really enjoy the dancing - and the audience response to the judges!

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego;2377628;
    I can't get too invested in any of the couples because the voting seems based on fan support, not support for the best dancer.
    Eh... I disagree. Look at the four couples that are left... I would definitely have said even on week one that these were the top 4 couples.

The audience gets it right when it matters.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2377635;
    Eh... I disagree. Look at the four couples that are left... I would definitely have said even on week one that these were the top 4 couples.

The audience gets it right when it matters.
    You're definitely correct about the remaining dancers, but I don't think BRC was there as long as he was because of his dancing ability - nor was the basketball player. I suppose you could argue that they received votes because of their entertainment factor, but fan base could have also contributed to their longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2377624;
    It took nerve just to get out there and compete.
    ITA.

I sure as hell would never have the nerve to consider --- even for a second --- trying to learn to dance like that (and on national TV, too!).

My hat is off to every last celebrity --- good, bad or indifferent dancer that they might have been --- who had the guts to try this.

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego;2377653;
    You're definitely correct about the remaining dancers, but I don't think BRC was there as long as he was because of his dancing ability - nor was the basketball player. I suppose you could argue that they received votes because of their entertainment factor, but fan base could have also contributed to their longevity.
    But does the order of the truly non-competitors' exit really matter... other than we'd like to see our favorites around longer? Not really... the audience takes care of the truly best dancers... and the rest become a popularity contest, sure.

I tried to vote last nite for the first time, and it wouldn't let me get through. I just knew that BRC was out, and I was hoping just one of them would throw him an 8. He needed to go, but dadgum, give the guy an 8 so he can die happy.
    I wasn't impressed with BRC last night, but then again you know that it grates when you know that you're not a dancer but you're out there giving it your all, and you feel for your partner too, and some jerk is calling you crap to the whole nation. Right back atcha, dude.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

Sorry if this was asked before, but what 2 dances do they do next week? Is it judges choice and dancers choice? 2 dances with different music and choreography?

I can't believe I'm going to say this...but...Karina really took the news well. She seemed okay with it. I guess she accepted her fate and prepared for it. She redeemed herself a tiny bit in my eyes.

+ Reply to Thread