+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 100

Thread: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #61
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,694

    Re: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    It took nerve just to get out there and compete.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #62
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Did Bruno apologize at all tonight?

  3. #63
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    159

    Re: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2377608;
    I'm not surprised that any of them would have wound up in the bottom 2 with BRC. It's all about fan support now, BR should have been gone long ago. Joey better pray people didn't pity him even more after having his dancing called crap and throw him votes.

    I can't get too invested in any of the couples because the voting seems based on fan support, not support for the best dancer. I just watch and really enjoy the dancing - and the audience response to the judges!

  4. #64
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by dondiego;2377628;
    I can't get too invested in any of the couples because the voting seems based on fan support, not support for the best dancer.
    Eh... I disagree. Look at the four couples that are left... I would definitely have said even on week one that these were the top 4 couples.

    The audience gets it right when it matters.

  5. #65
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    159

    Re: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2377635;
    Eh... I disagree. Look at the four couples that are left... I would definitely have said even on week one that these were the top 4 couples.

    The audience gets it right when it matters.
    You're definitely correct about the remaining dancers, but I don't think BRC was there as long as he was because of his dancing ability - nor was the basketball player. I suppose you could argue that they received votes because of their entertainment factor, but fan base could have also contributed to their longevity.

  6. #66
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,421

    Re: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2377624;
    It took nerve just to get out there and compete.
    ITA.

    I sure as hell would never have the nerve to consider --- even for a second --- trying to learn to dance like that (and on national TV, too!).

    My hat is off to every last celebrity --- good, bad or indifferent dancer that they might have been --- who had the guts to try this.

    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  7. #67
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by dondiego;2377653;
    You're definitely correct about the remaining dancers, but I don't think BRC was there as long as he was because of his dancing ability - nor was the basketball player. I suppose you could argue that they received votes because of their entertainment factor, but fan base could have also contributed to their longevity.
    But does the order of the truly non-competitors' exit really matter... other than we'd like to see our favorites around longer? Not really... the audience takes care of the truly best dancers... and the rest become a popularity contest, sure.

  8. #68
    Christian,Mom,Teacher mom2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Soonerland!!
    Posts
    4,541

    Re: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I tried to vote last nite for the first time, and it wouldn't let me get through. I just knew that BRC was out, and I was hoping just one of them would throw him an 8. He needed to go, but dadgum, give the guy an 8 so he can die happy.
    I wasn't impressed with BRC last night, but then again you know that it grates when you know that you're not a dancer but you're out there giving it your all, and you feel for your partner too, and some jerk is calling you crap to the whole nation. Right back atcha, dude.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

  9. #69
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    49

    Re: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Sorry if this was asked before, but what 2 dances do they do next week? Is it judges choice and dancers choice? 2 dances with different music and choreography?

  10. #70
    FORT Fogey katgib13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I can't believe I'm going to say this...but...Karina really took the news well. She seemed okay with it. I guess she accepted her fate and prepared for it. She redeemed herself a tiny bit in my eyes.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.