+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2379456;
    Your post was great Nemeses, but I can't help but highlight this part as it really jumped out at me. When he did the Paso Doble this week, I could not concentrate on his dancing, only on his gaping mouth. He looked ridiculous. It's too bad, as I think he's a really good dancer.
    I agree. With his mouth open in most of his dances it irritates so much that I tend to see any remarks he makes, when being judged, as an arrogance to cover up his ridiculous look when dancing. Did I make any sense? Nope, didn't to me either. Just don't like his attitude. Good dancer but needs to stop concentrating so much with his mouth while dancing.

Okay, I am willing to cut Apolo a little slack for dancing with his mouth open. It has to be difficult to keep your mouth closed with a chunk of carpet hanging from your bottom lip!

ETA: lildago: Ooooh, your avatar!
    Last edited by anemone; 05-10-2007 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2382237;
    Okay, I am willing to cut Apolo a little slack for dancing with his mouth open. It has to be difficult to keep your mouth closed with a chunk of carpet hanging from your bottom lip!
    I agree about the horrible hair patch. I suspect that the open mouth has to do with regulating his breathing in speed skating. He puts a lot of energy into his dancing so I'm sure it's all related. I would like to take this opportunity to say that I said as soon as they announced the "stars" that Apolo would be one of the best.

I don't want Laila to win, but I want her to get to F2 with Apolo so that I can see as much Maks as possible. I realize that Joey is a better dancer than Laila, but I can't get past the weird faces and dumb acting.

Snoozin' on the beach

I'd like to see an Apolo/Laila F2. I do disagree that Joey is better than her. She's just as good, if not better than him IMO. He's had 1 or 2 good dances and the rest have been pretty forgetable to me. Except for those 2 good dances he appears to be all flash and very little substance. That being said, I don't think it matters who goes to F2 with Apolo, I don't think any of them can beat him.

I loathe that little chin patch Apolo has. Every time I see it I think he has a perminant chocolate milk dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;2379128;
    I agree - Ian looks like he's trying really hard to me, and Joey seems like he had a lot more rhythm and skills from the beginning so is trying to be too cutsy with tricks and props. I really enjoy watching Leila though, she is graceful, and stylish for such a big, strong woman. I don't take her comments as cocky, only as a toned down and fun version of the bantering between competitors. She's a boxer, and her father's daughter - she's not saying she's the "greatest" but has been trained and bred to want to win, and competes hard to try to do so. Her ideas for adding to the dances try to make them more fun, but only serve to make the judges notice that they are not traditional to the dance style...
    I think Laila is cocky! I haven't always. In fact, I've been a huge fan up until the past week or so, and I liked how confident she was. But last night when Ian and Cheryl were already safe, and she was up against two other dancers who are as good as she is or better, she didn't act the least bit surprised or relieved when told that she and Maks were safe. Maks got all excited and she just stood there and even kind of chided him about acting surprised. It was like she expected it.

I don't like false modesty in anyone, but she's not a better dancer than Joey, and definitely not better than Apolo, so a little humility (or even some sort of acknowledgment or gratitude to the fans for keeping her there) wouldn't be inappropriate in that situation.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by anemone;2382237;
    lol, anemone! Best explanation, ever!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2383188;
    I think Laila is cocky! I haven't always. In fact, I've been a huge fan up until the past week or so, and I liked how confident she was. But last night when Ian and Cheryl were already safe, and she was up against two other dancers who are as good as she is or better, she didn't act the least bit surprised or relieved when told that she and Maks were safe. Maks got all excited and she just stood there and even kind of chided him about acting surprised. It was like she expected it.
    I think she is a little cocky also, but not in this specific situtaion.
    I felt she chided Maks for being too happy because she felt it was rude to the others who would be going home.
    She was trying to keep him from over celebrating and making someone else feel bad.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2383447;
    I felt she chided Maks for being too happy because she felt it was rude to the others who would be going home.
    She was trying to keep him from over celebrating and making someone else feel bad.
    I don't think that's what she was doing... I thought I heard her say "I told you," or something like that to Maks, which, to me, does border on cocky. I didn't get the impression at all that she was chiding him for an overly enthusiastic celebration. And all the talk this week from her about being happy to see others leaving just seemed very arrogant to me. I still adore her, though, and I'm willing to cut her some slack because I think it's just her competitive nature and personality, not that she's a "mean person" for wanting to win.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2383447;
    I agree with your assessment of this. Laila may come by her bragging and cockiness honestly, but it is still hard to take at times. She needs to shut up and let Maks do his job without input from the peanut gallery. Maks needs to push her with more difficult choreography to make her realize that she isn't as accomplished as she thinks.

Comments like "Every time someone else goes home I'm one step closer to the hideous trophy." may be true, but are best left unspoken.

As a dancer I have to say Laila is the worst of the remaining 4 dancers. She is staying for a host of reasons, but not for her dancing. the dances Maks choreographs are much easier than the other three dancers perform. There is something about her attitude that is irritating, although I can't quite put my finger on it.

Personalities percolate through the dances and that is what is hurting Ian, technically he has what it takes. Joey is really quite talented, although his goofiness turns off some and delights others. Apolo and Julianne are the most inventive and the choreography is difficult.

It should be Joey and Apolo in the final two. It will probably be Apolo and Laila, with Apolo winning it all . Maks isn't enough to overcome the "cute" factor of Apolo and Julianne... not to mention they dance better.

+ Reply to Thread