+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 247 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

DWTS In The Media

Chatting with 'Dancing With the Stars' Executive Producer Conrad Green

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/accent/...NGQA_0226.html

Thanks for posting.

Bill Clinton on "Dancing With the Stars"? Yeah, like Hillary would allow that to happen! LOL

FORT Fan
    I bet I know which judge he'd be focusing on. Thanks

Oh, that would be classic if they could get Clinton on there. I don't see it happening, but still.

Thanks for the link, cabernet!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Dancing With The Stars: In The Media

There have been a lot of media stories, especially recently, about Dancing With The Stars.

Have you seen a story on Tv, saw the cast make an appearance on another Tv show, or have you read something in a magazine or newspaper, about DWTS? Feel free to talk about it here.

Please limit it to print and Tv media, not other websites. Thanks!!

DWtS on Larry King Live tonight

Did anyone else catch tonight's Larry King Live? The show was a 'tribute' to Dancing With the Stars, and from the show they had Tom Bergeron, Carrie Ann Inaba, Emmitt & Cheryl, and Mario and Karina live. I didn't see the first half of it, as I'm not a regular Larry King watcher. But while channel surfing on the half hour, I ran across it.

For the half hour I saw, it was very interesting. Some observations:

Cheryl seemed like such a sweetheart, very down to earth, no ego at all, seemed very appreciative of the opportunities the show has given her, and very appreciative of the abilities of her partners. She also came off as very poised and collected, not the least intimidated by Larry King or the interview format of the show. Poor gal, in one part of the show, she gave Larry King a brief lesson in how to cha-cha-cha, and her and Larry did a short session of that. (Larry, don't quit your day job)

Emmitt was the same on this show as every other time I've seen him: very charming, personable, and very intelligent. Both he and Cheryl noted that one of the things that they share and that makes them a winning team is that they both have strong work ethic, that they both hit the work as soon as they step into the studio. If they're there 8 hours solid, they work 8 hours solid, their work ethic is so strong. He noted that they have a lot in common, and he liked her desire to succeed that comes from within, which he says they also share. Both Emmitt and Cheryl showed strong respect for each other, as well as an easy going comraderie between them.

Mario was actually more relaxed than I've seen him in interviews since the season began. He laughed several times, was charming and relaxed. He and Karina stated that the bond they shared as partners was that they are both hyper and tend to do things passionately. Mario also said they share the wild sense of humor between them.

Karina .. meh. Nothing much going on there. Not much personality, no charm. She seemed out of her element, to be honest. She didn't have as much to say as Cheryl, Emmitt, or Mario, which is probably just as well, as she didn't seem comfortable on camera.

Emmitt, Cheryl, Mario, and Karina all agreed that chemistry was an important element for being a good dancing couple.

Carrie Ann was Carrie Ann. She explained a bit more about her process in the judging, how when she gives her comments after the dancer, she tries to give each couple something specific to work on or keep doing. When asked about Mario and Emmitt and what she thinks of their dance skill, she basically gave the same answers as the fluff piece on the results show a couple of weeks ago.

Tom Bergeron was personable and likeable as ever. He said that one of the things he most enjoys about the show was how dynamic it was during the live broadcast. That is, he's very aware of everything that's going on as it happens, how much there is to listen to. For instance, during Samantha's backstage interviews, he listens closely to what's being said (in case there's anything I can rip off) and stays focused on what the judges are saying so he can keep a rein in if needed because sometimes Len and Bruno can get a bit cranky. He said that last season when he and Ashley Del Grosso performed the quickstep, he did that because he wanted to know in his own head what the celeb dancers go through to put together a routine, what it's like, etc. He obviously gets a great deal of enjoyment from the show, by his responses and statements.

A few other interesting tidbits... Len and Bruno weren't there because each week those two also fly and forth to England to do their duties on the British version of the show. So they do the USA DWtS as well as the British version each week. Tom says he's surprised they aren't more cranky than they are sometimes

The professional dancers (Cheryl, Karina, Max, et al) are paid weekly, for as long as they're on the show. Once they're eliminated, the paychecks stop unless they appear in another segment without their celeb partners.

There is a dress code for the audience for the shows. ABC wants the show to be a dress-up event right down to the audience members. That's why you never see anyone in the audience wearing jeans or t-shirts, etc.

It was in interesting show, and I'm going to try to catch the whole thing when they replay it again, whenever that will be. I wish I had caught the first half hour.

______________________________ ______________________

Edited to add: Just to add to who appeared on this show, in the first half hour that I didn't catch: Also appearing in Larry King Live's tribute to DWtS in the first half hour of the show were Joey Lawrence, Monique Coleman, and Jerry Springer. Mario and Karina, thought they were live on the show, were being taped from West Hollywood, FL, which Larry said was only about a mile and a half from where the show was being aired live, but Mario and Karina claimed to be working too hard to come that short distance and appear in person.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 11-11-2006 at 05:30 AM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2137208;
    Did anyone else catch tonight's Larry King Live? The show was a 'tribute' to Dancing With the Stars, and from the show they had Tom Bergeron, Carrie Ann Inaba, Emmitt & Cheryl, and Mario and Karina live. I didn't see the first half of it, as I'm not a regular Larry King watcher. But while channel surfing on the half hour, I ran across it.

For the half hour I saw, it was very interesting. Some observations:

Cheryl seemed like such a sweetheart, very down to earth, no ego at all, seemed very appreciative of the opportunities the show has given her, and very appreciative of the abilities of her partners. She also came off as very poised and collected, not the least intimidated by Larry King or the interview format of the show. Poor gal, in one part of the show, she gave Larry King a brief lesson in how to cha-cha-cha, and her and Larry did a short session of that. (Larry, don't quit your day job)

Emmitt was the same on this show as every other time I've seen him: very charming, personable, and very intelligent. Both he and Cheryl noted that one of the things that they share and that makes them a winning team is that they both have strong work ethic, that they both hit the work as soon as they step into the studio. If they're there 8 hours solid, they work 8 hours solid, their work ethic is so strong. He noted that they have a lot in common, and he liked her desire to succeed that comes from within, which he says they also share. Both Emmitt and Cheryl showed strong respect for each other, as well as an easy going comraderie between them.

Mario was actually more relaxed than I've seen him in interviews since the season began. He laughed several times, was charming and relaxed. He and Karina stated that the bond they shared as partners was that they are both hyper and tend to do things passionately. Mario also said they share the wild sense of humor between them.

Karina .. meh. Nothing much going on there. Not much personality, no charm. She seemed out of her element, to be honest. She didn't have as much to say as Cheryl, Emmitt, or Mario, which is probably just as well, as she didn't seem comfortable on camera.

Emmitt, Cheryl, Mario, and Karina all agreed that chemistry was an important element for being a good dancing couple.

Carrie Ann was Carrie Ann. She explained a bit more about her process in the judging, how when she gives her comments after the dancer, she tries to give each couple something specific to work on or keep doing. When asked about Mario and Emmitt and what she thinks of their dance skill, she basically gave the same answers as the fluff piece on the results show a couple of weeks ago.

Tom Bergeron was personable and likeable as ever. He said that one of the things he most enjoys about the show was how dynamic it was during the live broadcast. That is, he's very aware of everything that's going on as it happens, how much there is to listen to. For instance, during Samantha's backstage interviews, he listens closely to what's being said (in case there's anything I can rip off) and stays focused on what the judges are saying so he can keep a rein in if needed because sometimes Len and Bruno can get a bit cranky. He said that last season when he and Ashley Del Grosso performed the quickstep, he did that because he wanted to know in his own head what the celeb dancers go through to put together a routine, what it's like, etc. He obviously gets a great deal of enjoyment from the show, by his responses and statements.

A few other interesting tidbits... Len and Bruno weren't there because each week those two also fly and forth to England to do their duties on the British version of the show. So they do the USA DWtS as well as the British version each week. Tom says he's surprised they aren't more cranky than they are sometimes

The professional dancers (Cheryl, Karina, Max, et al) are paid weekly, for as long as they're on the show. Once they're eliminated, the paychecks stop unless they appear in another segment without their celeb partners.

There is a dress code for the audience for the shows. ABC wants the show to be a dress-up event right down to the audience members. That's why you never see anyone in the audience wearing jeans or t-shirts, etc.

It was in interesting show, and I'm going to try to catch the whole thing when they replay it again, whenever that will be. I wish I had caught the first half hour.

______________________________ ______________________

Edited to add: Just to add to who appeared on this show, in the first half hour that I didn't catch: Also appearing in Larry King Live's tribute to DWtS in the first half hour of the show were Joey Lawrence, Monique Coleman, and Jerry Springer. Mario and Karina, thought they were live on the show, were being taped from West Hollywood, FL, which Larry said was only about a mile and a half from where the show was being aired live, but Mario and Karina claimed to be working too hard to come that short distance and appear in person.
    I missed the first 20 minutes of the show. Larry said it will repeat on Sunday.

One thing I noticed is that Mario seemed more comfortable and charming during the interview. He did not give off that arrogant vibe that some people have said they sense with him.

I'm going to try to catch the beginning of the show on Sunday.

I think Mario and Emmit are both deserving winners. I can't wait to see what Cheryl choreographs for the finale. I remember last year her cowboy dance blew everyone away.....

Yeah.......Cheryl did a great job sealing the win last year!

I have a question for those more dedicated.......

My mother says she saw Mario, his mother, and Karina on tv handing an "engagement " party invitation to the interviewer.......she claims the words came out of Mario's mouth and that his mother said they were a wonderful couple....

On Larry King, they claim to not even be dating.....

Does anyone know the real scoop???

Some reporter said "they said they were not an item, but you coulda fooled me".

On last week's show, Karina called Mario "honey". It was during the interview segment backstage with Samantha. Mario's face went from shocked to embarrassed, to angry, to holding in the anger, to trying to pretend nothing happened. It was priceless.

I have no idea of course, but just from that and body language and various other things/rumors, I'd say yes, they are, but he's not ready yet to confirm that. And I'd also say Karina just might give him a run for his money. Lol. He may have met his match.

On Larry King, by the way, they had Monica, Joey, Emmitt, and Mario was on remote camera somewhere. Joey was talking a mile a minute, a bit hyper. He said he began the show just to be able to dance well enough to dance with his wife and is looking forward to doing that, now. Mario and Emmitt will both do a Samba next week and both a freestyle dance. Mario will add a Paso Doble and Emmitt will add as his third dance, a Mambo.

Jerry was also interviewed, from Chicago and was funny as usual. (One joke he made: He said the producers told him not to do any splits or lifts. He said as if, and that the only splits he did all season were in his pants, when he bent over too far.

Yeah......I caught the "honey" remark at the time, but I didn't notice Mario being bothered by it. Also, on a couple of their clips they were holding hands, he kissed her during one of the rehearsals, and another time it appeared he was leaning over her and kissing her by a pool.......thats whats confusing. I don't know why they would deny anything personal, unless its part of their contract.....

Max and Willa never CONFIRMED they were dating either when they were still competing, so maybe they're simply not allowed to say.....who knows???

And, yes, I agree......I think Karina is MORE than his match.....They won't last long though, two hot tempers never do...........

+ Reply to Thread