+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 247 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Ah yes, those amazing and highly sought-after trophies (said in my best Tom Bergeron voice )... falling to pieces, who's surprised?

Burke Goes For 3rd 'Dancing' Victory
    Two-Time 'Dancing With The Stars' Champ Cheryl Burke Goes For Third Win With Celeb Partner

NEW YORK, Mar. 19, 2007
    (AP)

Cheryl Burke, two-time champion on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars," says she doesn't feel any pressure to bring home another disco-ball trophy as the fourth season premiered Monday. Burke, who won with celebrity partners Drew Lachey and Emmitt Smith, tells People magazine's Web site: "I don't think it's pressure. Even after coming in last season after winning with Drew in the second season, it wasn't about, `Oh, I have to win again.'"

"It's about who I'm dancing with and making my partner the best dancer he can possibly be," the 22-year-old professional dancer says.

Her new partner is "Beverly Hills, 90210" star Ian Ziering. Burke says Ziering is a fast learner who is quick with choreography, but gets frustrated because he's a perfectionist.

"He can be really hard on himself," she says. "So I tell him, `Deep breath and let's try again.'"

Other celebrities appearing on the show: Apolo Anton Ohno, Laila Ali, Clyde Drexler, John Ratzenberger, Heather Mills, Billy Ray Cyrus, Joey Fatone, Shandi Finnessey, Leeza Gibbons and Paulina Porizkova.

This season, viewers get two weeks of dance performances before sending a celebrity home in the first results show.

Burke _ who says she is dating actor Matthew Lawrence (brother Joey Lawrence competed on season three) _ says "just being known for a skill you've worked on your entire life is an amazing feeling."

So where does she keep her two disco-ball trophies?

"One trophy is home in San Francisco with my mom and dad and the other one is in my storage because I was on tour for two months," she says.

"Both are falling to pieces, by the way. The mirrors are slowly falling off."
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I think it is okay to post this link?
    It is to a photo slide show of the dancers.

Access Hollywood Photo Gallery

DWtS In The Media

E! True Hollywood Story will be featuring a new story this Saturday, this time with Dancing With the Stars as the subject.

Here's the show airdates and times: (times shown are Eastern)

The E! True Hollywood Story: Dancing with the Stars
    THS goes behind the scenes of the ultimate dancing competition and reveals who is truly a light stepper, and who was born with two left feet.

Rating: TV-14

Scheduled to Air:
    Saturday, May 12, 6:00p
    Monday, May 14, 1:00a
    Sunday, May 13, 9:00p
    Monday, May 14, 10:00p
    Friday, May 18, 5:00p

About the DWtS episode itself:

The E! True Hollywood Story: (#434) Dancing with the Stars
    The Foxtrot, Jive, Cha Cha and Tango are turning celebrities into dance champions on the unlikely hit series that has become a national obsession, "Dancing With The Stars." Take celebrity contestants with careers in film, TV and pro-sports, pair them up with professional dancers in live dance-offs, and what do you get? It's a formula for an all-out battle of moves that explode both on and off the dance floor. With exclusive new interviews with "Dancing" alums Evander Holyfield and Shanna Moakler, first season dance pro Charlotte Jorgensen, along with behind the scenes footage of Emmit Smith, Drew Lachey, Kelly Monica, Jerry Springer, Mario Lopez and many more of our favorite past and present celebrity contestants, E! goes inside the show that turned ballroom dancing into primetime drama.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Re: DWtS In The Media

I just stumbled across this today. I had no idea that the duo of Maksim and Tony host their own video talk show (albeit an internet one) on ballroom dancing.

I haven't watched many of the video episodes there (not being much of a Tony or Maks fan), but for those who like them, you might enjoy watching this side of them, where they actually get to talk about, well, ballroom dancing and stuff related to it.

Dance Talk with Tony Dovolani and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Warning, in case you're at work and supposed to be working : The above link is directly to their video talk show, so will link you to video/audio.

Oh, thanks, Nemeses. In a rare instance, we disagree - I like both these guys. I had no idea they had their own Internet show.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2372758;
    Oh, thanks, Nemeses. In a rare instance, we disagree - I like both these guys.
    That's ok, MissThing, that just means if we ever find ourselves in the same room with these guys, I'll trip them as they pass so they fall 'accidentally' in your direction.

(by the way, it's not that I dislike them, I'm just in the middle on them, no special feeling one way or the other)

If you click on the link, you can also view the video that goes with the story below. In fact, the story makes more sense when you watch the video.

Dancing With The Stars: The Judges & Hosts
    By Ashlee Tate

05/08/2007 - On Dancing With the Stars, they are the trio who hold the dancers' fate in their hands...the judges. Action News Reporter Ashlee Tate got a chance to talk with the judges and the host and find out what really goes on when the cameras aren't rolling.

No matter who get eliminated each week, a few people never leave Dancing With the Stars; the judges and the host. They are a true cast of characters.

We've come to know them as the tough loving trio, judges Carrie Ann, Bruno and Len give us a bit of comic relief while saying the things we are all thinking.

But, they learned something at the end of season one what happens on the dance floor stays on the dance floor. Judge Carrie Ana says, "Before we go out, we all hold hands and say I love you, good luck, now go to it. That way, it frees us up to say our opinions and they are different"

When it comes to the most creative comments, Bruno takes the prize with comments like, "You went for the hip action a bit like a power tool", "You were like a crazy bear, lost in a swap" and "When he watches the dances, he see's a picture, so he just tells, describes the picture so when you know that it all makes allot of sense."

This is the third season together for Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris. Samantha works for E! Entertainment Television, with two jobs and a baby on the way, she has a bit of a balancing act when it comes to the dancing season. Samantha says, "Working 6 or 7 days a week, to take care of both of my daddy's: my ABC and E! daddy. I love it, I love my job and I'm willing to work hard."

But, she still has one wish before the end of this season to get her husband to take dance lessons. She says, "He keeps saying he's going to get Max or Ashley to teach him, but he has yet to actually come through."

Tom is also the host of America's Funniest Video's. He describes his dancing gig as a big play pen. He says, "I love live TV. You respond to the moment, unlike this which is take 9, I hate this answer can we do it again take 10. No, it's live, it's what I love."

So, what's it like working with Tom? Samantha says, "He is fun, playful...It's like an older brother-younger sister relationship, you know he's been in the game for a long time. So, I'm grateful to learn from him everyday." Tom says, "We are like brother and sister, but a way older brother and sister, I guess would be more accurate."

Tom and Samantha told me that this season has some of the best dancers; even they can't pick a favorite. Judge Carrie Ana has been busy, co-hosting the View and Extra, writing a show for Las Vegas, and directing shows in LA. But, she says a big surprise is coming this December, maybe a wedding and a baby, that's the rumor she wouldn't confirm.

Dancing With the Stars: The Results show airs Tuesday nights on ABC-30.

Action News Goes Behind the Scenes of Dancing With The Stars
    By Ashlee Tate

05/07/2007 - The Top 5 get ready to battle it out on Dancing with the Stars as the end of season four is just three weeks away. Each week, the performers shine and sparkle across the dance floor in elaborate costumes.
    Action News Reporter Ashlee Tate talked with the costume designer and found out just what it takes to create hundreds of costumes for each season.

From fast dances to quick rehearsal, everything about Dancing with the Stars is fast paced and down to the wire. For costume designer Randall Christensen, sometimes that means sewing on the final touches as the stars enter the dance floor.

Professional Dancer Cheryl Burke says, "We are here from 10 am to 8 pm at night. Make-up, wardrobe, dress rehearsal...it's an all day process."

That's just the day of the show. The design process begins as soon as Tuesday nights results show is over. The stars get their music and dances, and report straight to Randall Christensen.

Christensen says, "The design process is collaborative. Their personality has to come through each week. I do alot of listening and suggesting"

Within 15 minutes, the costumes are designed and the next morning Randall shops for fabrics, rhinestones and feathers. Edyta Sliwinska is also a professional dancer and she says, "I think the costume is every little girls dream.

Working around the clock, the costumes are created on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Christensen says, "All day fits on Friday...Saturday we block for camera's 3 1/2 to get it all done"

An average of 15,000 rhinestones, per dress, are sewn on by hand. Cheryl Burke says, "The more shimmer, the better..I think it reflect's better in the room"

Thanks to stretchy fabrics and no zippers, the costumes are easy to adjust, as the stars lose more weight each week. But Randall's favorite design is "Anything that Edyta has worn, she's my muse each season, phenomenal."

With 12 weeks of competition and an average of two costumes per night, the shows closet is bursting at the seams. When the final dance is over "they go into storage. We use some for the tour and some are on display at Disney World. We've auctioned off some for charity, but most go into storage", says Randall.

When Randall isn't working night and day for Dancing with the Stars, he's at his shop in Phoenix, Arizona designing for local dancers, ice skaters and pageant contestants.

As far as the star getting to take their final dance costume home, that rumor isn't true.

You can watch all of the dancing each Monday night, right here on ABC-30.
    All I can say is if Edyta's his muse in designing the costumes, does that mean eventually all his costumes will start looking like tents or sequined garbage bags?

Just a reminder to all who were wanting to catch the new E! True Hollywood Story that's on tonight, the one who's subject is Behind the scenes at Dancing With The Stars.

Recopied from my post #1 above in this thread... Again, it's on tonight for the first time, with subsequent airings:

Scheduled to Air:
    Saturday, May 12, 6:00p
    Monday, May 14, 1:00a
    Sunday, May 13, 9:00p
    Monday, May 14, 10:00p
    Friday, May 18, 5:00p

The E! True Hollywood Story: (#434) Dancing with the Stars
    The Foxtrot, Jive, Cha Cha and Tango are turning celebrities into dance champions on the unlikely hit series that has become a national obsession, "Dancing With The Stars." Take celebrity contestants with careers in film, TV and pro-sports, pair them up with professional dancers in live dance-offs, and what do you get? It's a formula for an all-out battle of moves that explode both on and off the dance floor. With exclusive new interviews with "Dancing" alums Evander Holyfield and Shanna Moakler, first season dance pro Charlotte Jorgensen, along with behind the scenes footage of Emmit Smith, Drew Lachey, Kelly Monica, Jerry Springer, Mario Lopez and many more of our favorite past and present celebrity contestants, E! goes inside the show that turned ballroom dancing into primetime drama.

Well, ABC announced it's 2007/2008 Fall Lineup today. DWtS 5 is on the lineup, no surprise there, and it's keeping it's current timeslots... also no surprise since it's been doing so well in the ratings in the current slots.

Monday

8 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars"
    9:30 p.m. "Sam I Am"
    10 p.m. "The Bachelor"

Notes: Following the end of "Dancing with the Stars," the Monday lineup will be "Wife Swap" at 8 p.m., "Sam I Am" at 9, "Notes from the Underbelly" at 9:30 and "October Road" at 10.

Tuesday

8 p.m. "Cavemen"
    8:30 p.m. "Carpoolers"
    9 p.m. "Dancing with the Stars" results
    10 p.m. "Boston Legal"

Note: "Cashmere Mafia" will replace "Dancing with the Stars" later in the fall.

+ Reply to Thread