+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 247 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3523235;
    What I'm wondering is, if Maks is rehearsing the Broadway show now, when did he have time to tape The Superstars? I was surprised to see him in the opening credits last night. (I didn't watch the show, after determining that he was basically the most famous celebrity there)
    I was wondering when he had the time as well. He was on DWTS for 3 episodes which began on 3/9/09 and I think he and Denise Richards were booted off on 3/24/09 and he also did some pro dancing on the show afterward, I think.

I did watch The Superstars premiere last night. They began with 8 couples and Maks and his partner, Kristi (?) who is some kind of extreme skiier, came in 2nd in the first event and 1st in the second one. They ended the night in first place, so he and his partner seem to be doing a lot better than he did on DWTS this season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Superstars filmed sometime in I think March/April. I know he got back shortly before the DWTS8 finale. He did a hosting gig for ET, then left for this, then came back to finish hosting.

I did watch The Superstars premiere last night. They began with 8 couples and Maks and his partner, Kristi (?) who is some kind of extreme skiier, came in 2nd in the first event and 1st in the second one. They ended the night in first place, so he and his partner seem to be doing a lot better than he did on DWTS this season.
    Thinking about it, and how I think Maks has really lucked out with his partners vs some of the other pros, he really hasn't had the best of luck. He was gone season 6, left last season due to Misty's injury (and quite honestly her dancing left a lot to be desired so I can't say I expected them to last long, anyway), and of course Denise. But for a guy who said he wasn't good at riding a bike or kayaking, he and his partner kicked butt big time. At least he has a competent partner; though in clip it shows Maks in some sort of wall climbing challenge. I've read he's terrified of heights, so that should be interesting.

At any rate, I hope Maks gets a good partner and is around all season next time
    Last edited by karalott; 06-24-2009 at 09:58 PM.

The Superstars is a 6-week show. Maks was conducting interviews for ET after the DWTS shows on 4/13 and 5/11 at least. I saw interviews he did with Melissa and Tony after the week 6 show and week 10 show. He could have done others and I could have not seen them.

I have no idea when they filmed The Superstars in the Bahamas or how long Maks lasted on the show. I hope he won.

I also hope he gets to stick around longer on DWTS next season. I know he was disappointed to go home this season after week 3.

Some more Maks/Karina news-not only are they getting their own reality series but along with it their wedding will be televised I love it and hope it all goes through! Of course I'm sure both went together.

And Maks came back from the Bahamas May 4th. Whether that means he won, or they sequestered the eliminated teams I don't know. I know Karina wasn't visiting him the whole time and was back in the states then, so if he had the option to come home, I'm sure he would have taken it.

I also hope he gets to stick around longer on DWTS next season. I know he was disappointed to go home this season after week 3.
    I know the competitor in him probably wanted to last longer, but I wonder how happy he was to get away from Denise They certainly didn't seem to have a lot of love between them, and I don't think she would have improved. If they lasted to the next week, when they're were all new dances (the lindy hop and Argentine tango) I wonder which she would have gotten and if she still would have been as stiff and clumsy with her feet. I would love to see Maks take on both of those. I really did feel bad for Denise, though. She's not my favorite person in the world, but I almost would have liked for her to have done better. Maks has had a rough 2 seasons, first with Misty and then Denise. As I already said, nothing against the newbie pros or Cheryl/Derek/Mark but I really, really want a veteran of the show to finally win next year. I think pigs will fly before Jonathan ever wins. I doubt Tony is going to have as good of luck next season, even if Nancy is able to come back. I really don't think Misty will get Maks the trophy should she return. And Edyta hasn't been paired with anyone winnable except for Jason, and that was the Kristi and Mark show that they had to be on. Karina also hasn't been lucky with her partners, unless they're named Mario. Out of all the vets, Kym probably stands the best chance. When she gets a decent partner she can do very well, and assuming she's not up against a Hough again in the final 2 maybe she can finally win it. But I think TPTB are beyond caring about the ballroom aspect of the show.

Dancing with the Stars Judge Diagnosed with Cancer

Dancing With the Stars judge Len Goodman was diagnosed with cancer in March but kept the news a secret until after the hit reality show finished filming, the U.K.'s Daily Mail reports.

See photos of other stars who beat cancer.

Goodman, who is also the head judge on the British version of the reality show called Strictly Come Dancing, had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in his prostate gland three weeks ago without telling any of his colleagues.

"I have had the surgery now," the judge, 65, said. "Everything is gorgeously good. I will be back in September for sure."

See photos from this season of Dancing With the Stars.

The ballroom dancing instructor said he plans to return to the show this fall and credited his quick recovery to doctors spotting the disease early at his annual check-up.

The operation, which was done by urologist Peter Thompson at a London hospital, was kept secret from everyone except close family and friends because he felt it was "not necessary to blabber it out to everyone."

He also said that he feared the producers of the BBC show might not want a "cancer-riddled, bed-ridden old so-and-so" working for the network.

"I could have said 'sorry' and not done the show, but the doctors felt I wasn't riddled with it and it wasn't so far advanced that it was a life-or-death scenario," he said. "It takes a few weeks to get everything set up for the operation anyway, so I went ahead and did the show. I had the surgery done as soon as I got back from America."

Goodman said he feels better already.

"I feel good," he said. "I was obviously worried at the start. We all worry if we get something like this. You do feel a bit vulnerable, but as long as you come out the other side all right, why worry? You're a bit sore for a while and you can't play golf, which is the biggest blow at the moment. But I will be able to in a month's time or so, I can't wait."
    News - Dancing With the Stars Judge Diagnosed With Cancer | Usmagazine.com
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3531819;
    Some more Maks/Karina news-not only are they getting their own reality series but along with it their wedding will be televised I love it and hope it all goes through! Of course I'm sure both went together.

And Maks came back from the Bahamas May 4th. Whether that means he won, or they sequestered the eliminated teams I don't know. I know Karina wasn't visiting him the whole time and was back in the states then, so if he had the option to come home, I'm sure he would have taken it.

I know the competitor in him probably wanted to last longer, but I wonder how happy he was to get away from Denise They certainly didn't seem to have a lot of love between them, and I don't think she would have improved. If they lasted to the next week, when they're were all new dances (the lindy hop and Argentine tango) I wonder which she would have gotten and if she still would have been as stiff and clumsy with her feet. I would love to see Maks take on both of those. I really did feel bad for Denise, though. She's not my favorite person in the world, but I almost would have liked for her to have done better. Maks has had a rough 2 seasons, first with Misty and then Denise. As I already said, nothing against the newbie pros or Cheryl/Derek/Mark but I really, really want a veteran of the show to finally win next year. I think pigs will fly before Jonathan ever wins. I doubt Tony is going to have as good of luck next season, even if Nancy is able to come back. I really don't think Misty will get Maks the trophy should she return. And Edyta hasn't been paired with anyone winnable except for Jason, and that was the Kristi and Mark show that they had to be on. Karina also hasn't been lucky with her partners, unless they're named Mario. Out of all the vets, Kym probably stands the best chance. When she gets a decent partner she can do very well, and assuming she's not up against a Hough again in the final 2 maybe she can finally win it. But I think TPTB are beyond caring about the ballroom aspect of the show.
    If Denise and Maks had not been eliminated on week 3, they would have been in the group that had to dance the Argentine Tango. I don't know how she would have done, but I doubt it would have been pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3532363;
    Dancing with the Stars Judge Diagnosed with Cancer

News - Dancing With the Stars Judge Diagnosed With Cancer | Usmagazine.com
    I'm glad to hear Len is doing ok. My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer almost 3 years ago and just the word cancer scares you, of course. However, it was caught early, like Len's, and the cancer had not spread outside the prostate, so he is doing just fine now. Len will do just fine and I'm glad to hear he'll be back on DWTS in September.

I just read an article from the Dallas Morning News that someone posted on Melissa Rycroft's Facebook. It says Melissa and Tye Strickland got engaged. I don't know how to post articles on here, so if someone wants the article posted, they will have to go to Mel's Facebook or The Dallas Morning News (dallasnews dot com) Entertainment section and post it here.

Also, someone asked Mel on her twitter if it was true that she, Tony, Shawn & Mark were going to be in Chicago on July 11th. Mel answered that she didn't know anything about it, but she would let her know. I don't know what that was all about.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3532534;
    I just read an article from the Dallas Morning News that someone posted on Melissa Rycroft's Facebook. It says Melissa and Tye Strickland got engaged.

Yep, here it is: (I'm not sure what's legal to post so I just cut & paste)

Melissa Rycroft of 'Dancing With the Stars' and 'Bachelor' may be engaged for real this time

12:00 AM CDT on Monday, June 29, 2009

apeppard@dallasnews.com

This time, the proposal sounds like the real thing for Dallas beauty Melissa Rycroft. She is the former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader famously proposed to on the season finale of ABC's The Bachelor before being brought back for a tawdry special episode called "After the Roses." The cad took it all back, claiming he was still in love with another contestant.

But Friday night, Melissa and boyfriend Tye Strickland were glowing when they showed up at Brio Tuscan Grille in Southlake with two older couples who looked suspiciously like parental units. There was a large vase of fresh flowers at the table. The whispers around the restaurant were that Melissa and Tye got engaged on Friday and she was presented with a ring in a box featuring its own internal lighting (to make that rock shine).

Last spring, Tye was an omnipresent figure in the Dancing With the Stars studio after Melissa was brought in as a replacement for Access Hollywood's Nancy O'Dell.

Friday night at Brio, Melissa lived up to her billing as one of People magazine's 100 Most Beautiful People. Wearing shorts and high heels, she displayed her famous legs.

Last week, Melissa debuted as a special correspondent for Good Morning America interviewing radio host and comedian Steve Harvey.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3532484;
    If Denise and Maks had not been eliminated on week 3, they would have been in the group that had to dance the Argentine Tango. I don't know how she would have done, but I doubt it would have been pretty.
    But I would have loved to have seen Maks do it So hopefully he gets the chance next season. I prefer the AT to the regular tango, so I hope they keep it.

How sad for Len I'm glad to know he's going to be okay.
    Last edited by karalott; 06-29-2009 at 03:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread