+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 247 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2145363;
    Something I found out this season.......they don't pay the stars....sure limits who would be available to participate.
    Kresge, they actually do get paid. The celebs are paid $250,000 for the season, and the pro dancers are paid $25,000 per week for every week they appear.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Newbie

People Article

I think the more Mario opens his mouth, the more fans he loses. His ego and bitterness are becoming more apparent with each interview. The link to the full article is http://people.aol.com/people/article...560071,00.html

Here is an excerpt:

Runners up Lopez, 33, and partner Karina Smirnoff couldn't hide their disappointment about coming in second place. Tears streamed down Smirnoff's face as she reluctantly talked to reporters and the usually jovial Lopez tried to console her.

"Apparently world-class dancing wasn't enough. That wasn't the criteria it was based on," a dejected Lopez told PEOPLE. "I don't really care about the trophy. I just wanted to win for Karina. She is honestly the best dancer in the world. No disrespect to the other girls on this show, but they don't hold a candle to her."

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Babe;2146318;
    I think the more Mario opens his mouth, the more fans he loses. His ego and bitterness are becoming more apparent with each interview. The link to the full article is http://people.aol.com/people/article...560071,00.html

Here is an excerpt:
    Overblown Ego+premature chicken counting = sour grapes

Mario did nothing for me with his dancing, he plateaud the first time he danced and never left that level. I don't dislike him and could care less about his personal life and how he behaves but after seeing things like this, the man -no make that boy-is a horses ass. Grow up Mario.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless Babe;2146318;

Here is an excerpt:
    "Apparently world-class dancing wasn't enough. That wasn't the criteria it was based on," a dejected Lopez told PEOPLE. "I don't really care about the trophy. I just wanted to win for Karina. She is honestly the best dancer in the world. No disrespect to the other girls on this show, but they don't hold a candle to her."
    Well, if I ever had any doubt about Mario's self-righteousness before, now there's no doubt at all. What an ass. Instead of making him a trophy, maybe Mamma Lopez should turn him over her knee and give him a good spanking. Grow up, Mario. :nono
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2146453;
    Well, if I ever had any doubt about Mario's self-righteousness before, now there's no doubt at all. What an ass. Instead of making him a trophy, maybe Mamma Lopez should turn him over her knee and give him a good spanking. Grow up, Mario. :nono
    These reaction show both of their insincerity and phoniness. You don't reach that level of bitterness over losing unless you thought you had it in the bag. if they truly entertained the notion that they might not win, it at any point in the season, they wouldn't be this bitter about losing. All the "I'm nervous" "the competions really tough" "i'm thrilled we made it to the next round" elation/relief was phony. They weren't nervous, they expected to move on, they didn't think the competion was tough.

The sour grapes make it pretty clear just how insincere these 2 are. Had Mario kept his mouth shut no one would be the wiser how fake they had been during the competion
    Last edited by Shady64; 11-18-2006 at 02:42 AM.

I heard in the news Thursday that some lady kept getting calls to her cell phone where people were trying to vote for Mario. The number was wrong for a short time or something. She stated that she had gotten like 200 calls or more! If this was true the voting could have went the other way. Anyone else hear this?
    Be mindful of the ball that rolls in your path and the child who may be coming after it. They will not see you because their eyes are on the ball and your eyes should be on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2145363;
    I missed Emmitt and Mario tonight on the late show (Conan I think).....did anyone catch it?

And in response to someone's post (my mind just went blank )......I've had enough of NFL players on the show......its too hard for anyone to overcome their fanbase when it comes to voting. So unless DWTS comes up with actors that are currently as big as stars as the athlete, then I'm not interested.

Something I found out this season.......they don't pay the stars....sure limits who would be available to participate.
    It wasn't just the football fans who were voting for Emmitt. I rarely, if ever, watch football, but I loved watching Emmitt dance, and I would have voted for him if the phones had been working when I tried to call.

After seeing how hard it was for Jerry Rice last year, I have to admit that I was impressed that Emmitt was able to dance so smoothly and so well when he had used his body so differently as a football player.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Oh, they'd just be fools to pit it against American Idol. I'd never miss that show (AI) to watch anything else!!! We actually have AI party nights at our house, where we seat 6 friends to catcall and applaud the singers.

I agree.....going up against AI is NOT a smart move!

I honestly don't see anything wrong with this comment of Mario's.....he is simply being supportive of his partner......The "world class dancing" remark is of Karina's dancing (not his own) and she is #2 in the world.....so there is no arguing she is a world class dancer. He specifically said he meant no disrespect to the others on the show....he is just praising his partner for heaven's sake. I thought it was sweet the he didn't personally care about winning, that he wanted to do it for her! As for her crying, its been obvious all season long that she is someone that wears her emotions on her sleeve, so I am not surprised about that...that soesn't make her a bad person.....its makes her disappointed that she didn't win....as EVERYONE is when they lose.....some are just better at hiding it than others.

Am I a personal fan of Karin's...dancing, yes....personality, not so much...

But, I don't think either she or Mario deserve to be crucified like they have been on these boards. Truthfully, I get tired of reading all the negativity.

Additionally, I have done a lot of volunteer and fundraising work in my community over the years, conseqently, I have dealt with the media quite often......I assure you, only that which "sells" makes the paper, and NEVER EVER does an entire interview get printed, so we have no way of knowing what else may or may not have taken place....we only know what this media outlet thought was going make them money. Either way, I'm not prepared to make sweeping judgments about a person's character based on this or any other media report.

FORT Fan
    Kresge, I agree with you.

+ Reply to Thread