+ Reply to Thread
Page 247 of 247 FirstFirst ... 147197237238239240241242243244245246247
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2470
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS In The Media

I think Maks was leaving, so they gave him a ringer and half, so he would go out on top.. He said it was very hard work to keep that up with a ringer, far harder than he thought. Hats off to Derick for those thinking its so easy. I thought he did dial it it in when they swapped partners, and the girl even said she didnt care for the way the brothers talked to them..( I forgot her name)

If Maks was judge #4 there would be little to no concern. Julianne doesn't favour Derick anymore than Maks would favour Val , although he did say next Val deserves one. I am okay with them all. I watch the pros ,the dancers not the judges.

Julianne was right when she said you need to step out of marks shadow( something like that), we all know how he is. They went for supper that night, so no hard feelings that lingered I guess. The pretend judges, especially CA don't give any real critique except* you look great with your shirt off .* .that's not judging

I will watch this season with interest. I am watching Big Brother UK, and one of the guys is THEIR bad boy of ballroom( they all have them) he speaks back to the judges, rolls his eyes, sound familiar? LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It just might be true, that Maks was leaving, so they gave him a ringer and a half in order to make nice and send him out on top.

OK.

If so, that was one HELL of a way to go out! And I ain't mad at HIM OR TPTB for that, either!

GOOD FOR MAKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Far as Derek goes . . .

I'm astounded by and appreciate Derek and his artistry and genius, and will argue against ANYONE that says he didn't deserve that Emmy he received last year. Frankly, I like Nappytabs, too, but yeah, I wouldnt've been at ALL pissed if Derek had gotten two Emmys in a row! And I ain't whinin' about those five --- COUNT 'em, FIVE! --- MBTs he's won with a variety of partners on the show, either.

And, guess what?

I actually LIKE Derek. Most times, anyway. I've seen him grow as a person and choreographer since he started on the show, and have enjoyed seeing that. And after having read his book, I believe I "get" him a bit more and like him even better as a person. Why? Because, through reading his book, I believe I've gotten a better understanding of what his background as a person and dancer was LONG before he ever popped up on DWTS. And why he does some of the things he does.

After laying THAT on the table, facts --- to me, at least --- are facts:

Derek is DWTS Ringer Central and Official Golden Boy in Residence.

ALL DAY LONG.

Nope, I don't think Maks dialed it in when he danced with Danica.

1. The damned Switch-Up put the professional ethics of ALL the pros on the line. If someone was going to slack off, just because they didn't get to dance for a week with the person they'd started out with, I believe that would've come across with other pros as well, and not JUST Maks.

And to have THAT happen would've painted them as childish, and put their professional reps out there on the line in a bad way. And no, I don't think ANY of them would want that.

Danica improved, but she's no Meryl. Wasn't then, and never will be. Maks logically COULDN'T lay the kind of choreo on HER that he could on Meryl. No way. If he'd tried, they'd've failed MISERABLY, and VAL'S partner might've been out the door. Also, as we all know, Maks and Val are brothers. I think it's pretty obvious that they love each other and have each other's back. For Maks to've "phoned it in" when working with Danica would have been absolutely disrespectful of Val and his partnership with Danica, because to do so would've been an insult to Val as his brother. AND to Danica as a human being who deserved the best of whatever he had to offer her at the level she was capable of dancing at. Val CERTAINLY soared with Meryl, because he COULD. And he OBVIOUSLY took care and attention with her, because she was Maks' partner and he wouldnt've disrespected Maks as his brother and a fellow pro dancer by half-stepping in working with her.

2. Said it up top: Maks works like a DOG. We've seen that. And LEN, himself, took a sideways swipe at Julianne about that when he critiqued their Tango. I believe that was Len's way of calling bull$#!+ on what Julianne'd said about Maks with CLASS and WITHOUT starting his OWN DWTS Dance War. Frankly, my jaw hit the floor when I saw that. When I picked it up, I started RotFLMFAO.

3. Said THIS up top, too: Maks? We've ALL seen his temper, mouth and blowups over the years. He's no saint. I remember seeing a rehearsal clip of what I believe you're referring to, and Danica looked as though she would've hauled off and punched him, if she could've gotten away with it. And yep, based on the attitude and mouth I remember seeing from Maks in that clip, I don't blame her. Frankly, I think I'd've at least cussed him out right then and there to the point where they'd've had nothing but a couple minutes of bleeps to show for my response to him.

Derek? I WELL remember at least one rehearsal clip with him and Brooke where she got so pissed at him she walked out of rehearsal. Nicole got ticked at him, too, IIRC. And yep, there were others, as well.

So, apparently, there's enough mouthiness and bad cases of bad attitudes to go around among the pros.

People are human.

4. Not arguing the point that Julianne was right in the IDEA of what she was saying. That Christina (Milian) needed to be out front and shine more, rather than there being moments where it seemed as though two people were dancing side-by-side, rather than TOGETHER. At that point, IIRC, she was addressing those remarks to CHRISTINA. CHRISTINA wasn't responsible for their choreography. MARK was. And after saying THAT, she tacked on the snark about having danced with Mark and having to stand in front to make sure you're seen. Then she kind of sat back, winked at Mark, and grinned, IIRC.

Mark looked like she'd just come up and kicked him in the crotch.

ANYBODY would have been angry, hurt and offended, I think.

5. CA and Bruno? They should've been gone YEARS ago. ESPECIALLY CA. She can't find her OWN ass with two hands, a flashlight and a road map, yet has set herself up and carved out HER niche as the Resident Lift Policewoman.

Which is pretty much all she's good for.

While we've had to put up with her nonsense and suffered her presence because TPTB obviously WANT her there.

Why?

Because we love(d) the show.

Ain't life a bitch?

JMHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Ain't life a bitch?
    Yes ness it is. But there are far worse things in this world than this fluffy little show.
    NCLurker and ness like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I can see how people could take Julianne's remarks. I'm a very snarky person though and I love seeing some good drama on these shows, so I loved it. I can not stand Spaz... er Mark so when Julianne made the comment about him trying to be the center of attention, I was practically fanning myself with glee. Even though all the viewers know that Mark needs to be the star, seeing his face when he was called out on it practically made the season for me. It was so delicious.

As for the Maks situation, I don't think he purposefully or maliciously tried to get Danica out or anything. I will say however, the routine he choreographed for her was weak as hell. Going from choreographing breathtaking routines for Meryl to choreographing crap for Danica within a week's time was pretty drastic, so I can't be mad at Julianne for questioning him about it. Danica is no Meryl that's for sure, but she was one of the top four dancers on that season easily. She should have at least been given a solid routine. Maks DID drop the ball that week.

I think the difference between Julianne/Derek and Maks is that Julianne and Derek can turn stars who probably should not win into winners. Barely anybody knew who Helio was before his season, and Julianne helped him shine in a season with Sabrina, Jennie, and Mel B. Derek helped Kellie to the win over Zendaya. What he did with Amber and Amy was also great. I don't see that same ability with Maks. He can barely handle top level talent well on a consistent basis (Mel B. comes to mind when she was the favorite until Maks gave her a crappy freestyle.) I don't even like the Houghs that much and I've grown tired of seeing Derek in the finals practically every season but they deserve their props and Julianne deserves a seat at the panel.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I don't care if JH has been able to "turn stars who probably should not win into winners." What matters to me is if she is capable of judging and she has proven that she is not. Not just once but twice.

I believe DWTS had to do damage control awhile back because the judges were being a bit much. Len has softened... the pros have seemed happier... Things have improved. Bringing JH to the panel is a definite step back.
    ness, KrazeeKy07, Coco46 and 1 others like this.

Well I will be watching, maybe everyone will lay off Mark, and just be all over her
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

The judges panel needed some kind of shakeup, everyone agreed on this last year. This may not be the best possible change, but I'll be glad to have a different voice up there with some unpredictable opinions for once. And maybe she will be a positive influence on Carrie-Ann -- CA needs to hear what a woman sounds like who makes complete sentences without grunts, groans and squeals substituting for real words.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I liked Julianne as one of the pro dancers - well-liked, non-controversial, extremely gifted, and capable of producing winners.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Derek and Sofia Vergara dancing to "Footloose" at an Emmys after-party last night...Julianne looked like she was trying to worm her way in.

Watch Sofia Vergara & Derek Hough Dance to 'Footloose' After the Emmys - Primetime Emmy Awards 2014, Modern Family, Derek Hough, Sofia Vergara : People.com
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Sophia was loving some Derek Hough dancing
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread