+ Reply to Thread
Page 246 of 247 FirstFirst ... 146196236237238239240241242243244245246247 LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 2470
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS In The Media

It's been fun, DWTS. Bye, bye.
    JORY'sMom, judkay and Coco46 like this.

Oh God
    MountainBreeze likes this.

Tell me how she is going to be fair judging her brother and his bestie???
    judkay likes this.

I don't think she has a problem knocking Mark down to size.
    karalott and jucamer like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Tell me how she is going to be fair judging her brother and his bestie???
    She will be like Maks was with his brother( Val) and his bestie ( Tony)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I enjoy Derek but not his sister. I'm sorry, I know that sounds mean but she has this way of making everything about her. She's not going to critique, she's going to carry on about her experiences and when she did this and she did that. Blah. And Lordie, I do not want to see her in another one of those outfits like she wore the last time she was a judge. That was off the charts in the risqué department.

Nothing about this choice interests me. Nothing.
    ness, Bet2Win and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    You're VERY welcome!

Enjoy Derek's book!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's the name of the book? Do you know if it's available on Nook?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    What's the name of the book? Do you know if it's available on Nook?
    Taking the Lead

Lessons from a Life in Motion
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It looks like I'm in the minority here, but I don't mind the Julianne Hough pick at all. In the five seasons she competed in, she won twice so she obviously knows what she's doing. In comparison, Maks only won once in the fourteen seasons he's competed in. I like a judge who speaks their mind as well. I just hope she doesn't show any partiality towards her brother. The show does enough of that as is.

Speaking strictly for Yours Truly:

MY bone to pick with that child being allowed back on DWTS has SOLELY to do with what I feel were unnecessary, low-blow, down-and-dirty potshots she took at BOTH Mark AND Maks the two times she's been a guest judge.

Regarding her snark at Mark:

Anybody who has been WATCHING Mark dance since he came on the show KNOWS that she spoke the absolute truth when she sniped that she's danced with Mark and you have to stand in front of him to be seen.

Having acknowledged THAT . . .

That rude, catty remark was made during a dance critique. If she's such a flaming professional, she would --- and SHOULD --- be professional enough to the keep the low-blow, smart-ass personal cracks about ANY of the pros OUT of her critiques.

The snark about Mark and his "Look at ME!" dancing tendencies was NOT necessary, OUT of place, and ABSOLUTELY juvenile and cruel. Hell, we ALL know about Mark. We're not blind or crazy. Most of us here --- along with others from sea to shining sea, across the pond, and elsewhere in the world --- have been pitching a royal bitch about Mark's on-floor antics for YEARS.

But that is NO excuse for Julianne to've been rude, mean and cruel to him in an apparent effort to be "funny" and to try to win Brownie points with TPTB in order to claw her way to a permanent judge's spot.

Regarding her snark at Maks:

During her "critique" of him, Julianne said something to the effect of feeling as though Maks had to just "phone it in" that week until he could get back with Meryl.

What is even MORE galling about what she said to Maks is the fact that what she said WAS NOT TRUE.

Maks himself --- a day later while being interviewed about the dust-up --- said something to the effect of: "You can accuse me of a lot of things, you can't accuse me of not working hard enough."

As with Mark, we've ALL seen Maks on DWTS for YEARS. We've seen the temper, the mouth, the blowups.

We've also seen him work like a DOG at what he does.

Julianne was rude, mean, cruel and insulting to not only Maks, but by extension, Danica and Val, as well.

And lo and behold, just WHO is it that came to Maks' defense? LEN. He did it just a couple of shows later when, during a critique of MnM's Tango, he said to Meryl that Maks dances full on. He continued by saying that it doesn't matter WHO his partner is, she's the first celeb that'd ever been able to match and go toe-to-toe with him.

So, Julianne won twice in five seasons. I'm happy for her, and I think BOTH those wins were DESERVED.

So, Maks won once in fourteen seasons (and by his own admission, with a ringer). To me, that doesn't necessarily mean that HE doesn't know what HE'S doing. I'm happy for him, too, and I think THAT win was deserved, as well.

Ringer, or no.

Julianne is 26 and has been dancing professionally for, what, at least about thirteen years, I think?

And Maks is 34 and has been dancing professionally for, what, at LEAST about twenty years, I think?

Please.

As for showing favoritism towards Derek, Julianne never did that, that I saw. The other side of THAT coin is that MAKS didn't show favoritism towards VAL, either, when HE guest judged (S17), based on how I interpreted what I saw. And, HIS brother WAS on that S17 show and dancing with Elizabeth Lauren, IIRC.

So, I'm not getting another gray hair over whether or not she's going to show favoritism towards Derek when she judges. Her slate is clean with me on that.

She messed it up when she took unnecessary, rude, cruel, and personal potshots at a couple of the pros during her critiques, trying to be "funny".

Not only ONCE, but TWICE.

And congratulations to her. Why? Because TPTB have obviously been frontally lobotomized, resulting in Julianne being signed, sealed and delivered as the permanent fourth judge (which I ALSO think is one judge too many!) on the DWTS judging panel.

And that is oh-so-obviously what she was gunning for, in the FIRST place.

Far as I'm concerned, the child needs to go somewhere OTHER than DWTS, sit down and shut UP.

JMHO.
    nanarama, Coco46, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread