+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Well gee, it's no wonder a Today.com article wants DWTS cancelled -- it's one of the few shows that gives NBC's The Voice some real competition!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Were the show still (if ever) really about BALLROOM pure BALLROOM I'd disagree with Today/NBC.

Anyone who's seriously done not just watched ballroom will get my point.
    Last edited by Ellen; 11-30-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    Florimel likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Well gee, it's no wonder a Today.com article wants DWTS cancelled -- it's one of the few shows that gives NBC's The Voice some real competition!
    Isn't that the truth
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

frankly alot of people are bored with the same old outcome and total predictability of this show. The ratings are not going to get better until they enact some sort of change. The DWTS thread itself is far more entertaining than the show.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

not me, I still like the show
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Were the show still (if ever) really about BALLROOM pure BALLROOM I'd disagree with Today/NBC.

Anyone who's seriously done not just watched ballroom will get my point.
    Then again, having said all that, I love watching the dancing, even if not pure ballroom.
    It's breathtaking to watch the "already great" dancers such as Corbin and Elizabeth, and inspiring to watch the newbies or sorta-newbies try and learn and improve.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I actually agree with everything they said. They are not saying to cancel the show but rather that to continue along the same vein, eventually, that is exactly what will happen. All the points they make are ones we harp about all the time...the high scoring, the judges, the casting. The changes the show has made are not the things we the fans, ever had an issue with...changing where the judges table is and the set. Those are not the issues we take exception to but the bias and predictability of the judges and their judging...even the golden boy (Derek) needing to be balanced out by the bad boy (Maks)...all are on point. Hopefully producers take notice...not that I expect they will, but, I live in eternal hope!
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Then again, having said all that, I love watching the dancing, even if not pure ballroom.
    It's breathtaking to watch the "already great" dancers such as Corbin and Elizabeth, and inspiring to watch the newbies or sorta-newbies try and learn and improve.
    I liked Corbin, even if he was a ringer.I didn't enjoy Elizabeth, she was too full of herself. Each to their own I guess
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I liked Corbin, even if he was a ringer.I didn't enjoy Elizabeth, she was too full of herself. Each to their own I guess
    I agree with you Fanny. I liked Corbin and enjoyed seeing him dance...still didn't want him to win because he came in head and shoulders above everyone else and to me never really showed any progression. Elizabeth...well, her dancing I didn't enjoy much at all. I don't know what it was because clearly she was better than many, but I found myself cringing during her performances and found her footwork rather heavy. At times it was almost as is she was clomping around on stage. I actually preferred watching Brant and Snookie dance and wish they both lasted longer.
    ilja and jucamer like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

For what it is worth, the TV industry Cancelled/Renewed sites are calling another season of DWTS a sure thing....I have recently had a chance to watch Strictly Come Dancing, which is of course where DWTS came from, and somehow they seem to do it better, even though I can't put my finger on why...

+ Reply to Thread