+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Len is going to be there - there are FOUR judges this time .

I was hoping he was replacing Len, or better still CA , we have too much judging nonsense as it is
    I thought he was going to be replacing Len as well. I admit I wouldn't mind some changes when it comes to the judges. Maybe it's just me, but I think this season some of their judging made no sense to me. I wonder why they decided to bring Maks in for the semi-finals and go with 4 judges? I had read (on another site) as I always forget about this thread that some people didn't like it when Julianne was asked to come in and judge because her brother Derek was still a contestant. I think it turned out fine and she did give some great constructive criticism which is something I think the current judges should do instead of some vague comments which at times don't mean anything and have nothing to do with the dancing.

I know that Maks is great friends and in partnership with both Val and Tony with dance studios so that same argument could be used in regards to Tony. If Maks does what Julianne did with the great constructive criticism it should work out the same way. I noticed with Julianne she gave the exact same marks as the other two judges. I always wondered if they told her to do that. Cher did the same except for one time. I will be curious to see if Maks follows suit as Julianne or will he give the scores he thinks each contestant truly deserves. Another thought I had is I wonder if Len may be leaving and are these possible auditions for future judge jobs? I must admit I am looking forward to seeing where they will sit Maks. I wonder if it will be next to Len which for some reason trying to picture that makes me chuckle.

I know I was happy to see Julianne back and by reading some of the posts many of you are looking forward to having Maks back. Enjoy!!!

Next craziness - a jet ski tour all the way around Key West.
    Sure sounds like it will be fun so have a wonderful time!!!
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 11-15-2013 at 02:39 AM.
    AZChristian and Fanny Mare like this.

FORT Fogey

The dynamics are different, of course, and Maks doesn't have the vested interest that he had when he was basically competiting as the pro with the celebrity as he will as a judge, but I think he is still inherently Maks. Unless he has been instructed to essentially "not make waves" and to essentially blend in, hence, given for the most part the same scores as the other judges, I think Maks is going to judge and score them as he sees them. If that is brutal, well that is Maks. They knew Maks when they lassoed him into this position.
    On the other hand, Maks has been on the other side, and although he can be a horse's patootie when he chooses, we have the judges also at times dish out some unfair comments and scores to Maks as well. I don't think for one moment that Maks has forgotten that fact or how unpleasant it felt to be on that side. He may well take that into consideration when he judges, and that may temper the side of him that is given to very frank, almost brutal judging and scoring. We just have to wait and see, but it sure does give us something to anticipate!

I think Maks sitting next to all of them or any of them is kind of funny! I am really looking forward to Monday night for this reason if nothing else......
    ilja and jucamer like this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I know that Maks is great friends and in partnership with both Val and Tony with dance studios so that same argument could be used in regards to Tony. If Maks does what Julianne did with the great constructive criticism it should work out the same way
    Lets hope he does, he, like Julianne has been on the other side. He and Tony are like bothers and this is the semi final.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Maks will be a great judge. Can he just do it without a shirt on???? LOL I am just happy he will be back on our tv screens
    anemone and jucamer like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Maks will be a great judge. Can he just do it without a shirt on???? LOL I am just happy he will be back on our tv screens
    Only if Len can as well
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

New avatar in honor of the occasion!!

Maks Chmerkovskiy was a guest on VH1′s Big Morning Buzz Live show With Carrie Keagan yesterday morning to talk about guest judging the Dancing With The Stars Semi-Finals. For those who missed it this is a link to a short clip. Not shown in the clip Max also gave Derek Hough big props too. He said Derek is a champion and says he always knows what to do to win during a finale.

"DWTS Guest Judge Maksim Chmerkovskiy Talks About Who He Thinks Is This Season's Best Dancer" | Show Clip | VH1.com
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Kind of thought you would be, my fellow MaksFan!
    Me, three.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Maks Chmerkovskiy was a guest on VH1′s Big Morning Buzz Live show With Carrie Keagan yesterday morning to talk about guest judging the Dancing With The Stars Semi-Finals. For those who missed it this is a link to a short clip. Not shown in the clip Max also gave Derek Hough big props too. He said Derek is a champion and says he always knows what to do to win during a finale.

"DWTS Guest Judge Maksim Chmerkovskiy Talks About Who He Thinks Is This Season's Best Dancer" | Show Clip | VH1.com
    Dang, the clip stopped in the middle of the interview. I wanted to see it all.

I loved how he said he might end up being a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to judging and how he acted in the past as a pro.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Dang, the clip stopped in the middle of the interview. I wanted to see it all.

I loved how he said he might end up being a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to judging and how he acted in the past as a pro.
    Hmm, that's say a lot! volumes
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread