+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

I'm super pumped!!!

I always miss the old pros once they've been gone for awhile!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I am so excited to see Maks again. I think he will call it like he sees it and not play favorites.
    Florimel, anemone and jucamer like this.
    Believe

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I would call Maks at times arrogant, proud, and defiant, but I would not call him unfair, particularly biased, or a suck-up. I think he is going to call it as he sees it. He has never worried about what anyone thinks of him yet, so why would he start now? If something goes awry, he will do as he has always done, which is to explain his position in his blog the next day. I will give his this much: he writes very well.

I think he will expect steps and technique to be done correctly, but I think he will be more impressed with creative choreography than Len is. We won't hear "not enough content", "too much repetition", "too much fooling around", and that kind of thing.

Sort of like Julianne did then, goodness remember the outcry when she was going to judge . He will judge as the others have
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The outcry with Julianne though was because of Derek...since Val is gone, Maks won't suffer the same.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    The outcry with Julianne though was because of Derek...since Val is gone, Maks won't suffer the same.

With all due respect I know this forum, it would have been fine with Maks( trust me said the spider to the fly ) its okay I want to see how he'll score Leah! and his brother from another mother Tony btw Julianne had a ton of ideas/critques for each pairing, lets hope Maks does the same and doesn't pull a Cher, which was not good.

I am glad Maks is there for those who enjoy him, I will use the barf emoticon when needed LOL
    ilja likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    With all due respect I know this forum, it would have been fine with Maks( trust me said the spider to the fly ) its okay I want to see how he'll score Leah! and his brother from another mother Tony btw Julianne had a ton of ideas/critques for each pairing, lets hope Maks does the same and doesn't pull a Cher, which was not good.

I am glad Maks is there for those who enjoy him, I will use the barf emoticon when needed LOL
    The problem with Cher is that she didn't know how to critique ballroom dancing! Therefore, all Cher could do was to comment in general on what she thought and liked about the dances and dancers.

Now on the other hand, Maks knows every bit as much and more than Bruno, Carrie Ann, and even Len because Maks has actually danced more than the other 3 in the dances that the contestants will be performing.
    Len did perform, but as I understand it on a somewhat limited basis whereas performing for Maks - as we all know - was full out - and sometimes to the consternation to the judges at that.

Maks, like Derek and Mark, was going to be himself, and if it made waves, well so be it. The one thing that can be said for all three is that whether one agreed with any or all three of those guys, no one could suggest that any of the three of them was ho hum and boring. They did and do keep things stirred and going.....
    anemone, nanarama and AZChristian like this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    The problem with Cher is that she didn't know how to critique ballroom dancing! Therefore, all Cher could do was to comment in general on what she thought and liked about the dances and dancers.

Now on the other hand, Maks knows every bit as much and more than Bruno, Carrie Ann, and even Len because Maks has actually danced more than the other 3 in the dances that the contestants will be performing.
    Len did perform, but as I understand it on a somewhat limited basis whereas performing for Maks - as we all know - was full out - and sometimes to the consternation to the judges at that.

Maks, like Derek and Mark, was going to be himself, and if it made waves, well so be it. The one thing that can be said for all three is that whether one agreed with any or all three of those guys, no one could suggest that any of the three of them was ho hum and boring. They did and do keep things stirred and going.....
    I don't disagree. I would say as it's his show( I bet he hates that he made that remark) that he should know all about what he is doing as a judge, just as I said above, that Julianne did. I hope he will be fair, because I think she was. As I posted, I really do want to see what he thinks of Leah, we have seen quite a few posts about not so good dancers leaving before better dancers.
    -Andy Rooney-

I wasn't saying whether this board was gonna outcry or not. I was speaking in general as to why there was even any sort of outcry for Julianne and why, in general, there wouldn't be an outcry for Maks.

I think he is going to be fair and brutally honest...I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    I wasn't saying whether this board was gonna outcry or not. I was speaking in general as to why there was even any sort of outcry for Julianne and why, in general, there wouldn't be an outcry for Maks.

I think he is going to be fair and brutally honest...I can't wait!
    Oh, I can wait. I honestly thought he was busy with other endeavours , guess not
    -Andy Rooney-

How happy am I!!!

+ Reply to Thread