+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    They're retreating from the ongoing battle with The Voice, which was going to be in direct competition with both the Monday and Tuesday shows if they hadn't changed it. It's a survival move.

I wonder how voting will be affected -- all the casual overnight voters will fall by the wayside, leaving only the hardcore fans of each star who will be prepared with their smartphones/devices and PCs during the live show. But it might mean all those "vote for the worst" trolls will give up as well...

I can only imagine how rushed the show is going to seem next year...it's already a circus now.
    Is it next year? I thought they said there will be show in the fall.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It doesn't seem appealing to me. Why don't they make the show better by getting new judges, instead of trying other stuff that is not good for the viewer?
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That's who did it!!! I was thinking DWTS did this before. I didn't like it on SYTYCD.
    Me neither. I quit watching. I'm going to try again if I can catch when it's on but I usually don't like the first tryouts anyway.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Isn't one night how they did it the first season with the person voted out told the following week? It seems vaguely familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    Isn't one night how they did it the first season with the person voted out told the following week? It seems vaguely familiar.
    That's what I thought. But now I am second guessing myself
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    They did this on SYTYCD last season. It sounds confusing - like when do they announce the results, before or after they dance for votes - but, I bet after the first two non result rounds, they'll announce at the beginning of the show so the couple leaving won't have to dance for votes that evening.

I don't know how they are going to do it, but ABC must be tightening the belt on them to take away an hour from another night.
    They never needed 1 hour for the results show; heck, they don't need but 15 minutes. Why don't they cut Monday night down to 1 and 1/2 hours, and the results show down to 30 minutes on Tuesday.
    On Monday, they can make the rehearsal edits briefer, and have Brooke interview the couple quickly off to the side after the judges (more) quickly give their remarks, and then the judges can give their scores. They can get everything done in and hour and a half. The next night they can cut out the rehashing and some of the visiting acts and just get on with the results and be done in 30 minutes.
    ness, Coco46 and ilja like this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    They never needed 1 hour for the results show; heck, they don't need but 15 minutes. Why don't they cut Monday night down to 1 and 1/2 hours, and the results show down to 30 minutes on Tuesday.
    On Monday, they can make the rehearsal edits briefer, and have Brooke interview the couple quickly off to the side after the judges (more) quickly give their remarks, and then the judges can give their scores. They can get everything done in and hour and a half. The next night they can cut out the rehashing and some of the visiting acts and just get on with the results and be done in 30 minutes.
    Sounds good, to me.

Only problem is, what you've proposed is too logical and makes too much common sense.

So, it'd never fly.
    ilja likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I agree, they love to streeeeeeetch it out for as long as they can
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    They're retreating from the ongoing battle with The Voice, which was going to be in direct competition with both the Monday and Tuesday shows if they hadn't changed it. It's a survival move.

I wonder how voting will be affected -- all the casual overnight voters will fall by the wayside, leaving only the hardcore fans of each star who will be prepared with their smartphones/devices and PCs during the live show. But it might mean all those "vote for the worst" trolls will give up as well...

I can only imagine how rushed the show is going to seem next year...it's already a circus now.
    There is no overnight voting. Only voting during the show and for one hour afterword.

That is one thing I don't like about DWTS ... that you can vote during the show.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    They did do this season one.It worked then, and I am okay with them doing it again.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread