+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: DWTS Media Thread

I have the translation for Mark standing on the railing shouting, "That's my girl" when Shawn was dancing.

"THAT'S not MY ex-GIRLfriend, but I'd rather be dancing with her than dragging Bristol around the floor in dumbed-down steps."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Was it Shawn and Mark or Sabrina and Mark that the article was talking about? I think Sabrina and Mark dated.

Sabrina is the name of the Cheetah who was the most shocking elimination ever, right? I forget.
    The article talked about Shawn and Mark. I just don't believe it.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I looked into the Shawn/Mark thing because I got intrigued. lol! Anyway, everything I found says they did not date, but he was dating that American Idol girl, Joanne, at the time.
    Exactly. I'm wondering if the OP meant Sabrina? They did date, and had a fairly nasty break-up. But that was years ago and I think they have moved past it now.

Heads Up! Some networks are holding off on programming unaired episodes tonight because of Sandy. No word (last I heard) on DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    The article talked about Shawn and Mark. I just don't believe it.
    If I'm not mistaken wasn't Shawn underage the first time she appeared? I seem to remember that was how we all got information on how much the stars are paid - because Shawn had to have a court sign off on her participating because of being underage. If so, I really doubt this is true and Mark would date someone who was underage. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    If I'm not mistaken wasn't Shawn underage the first time she appeared? I seem to remember that was how we all got information on how much the stars are paid - because Shawn had to have a court sign off on her participating because of being underage. If so, I really doubt this is true and Mark would date someone who was underage. Just my opinion.
    If my math is correct, she was 17 when she was first on the show. I too doubt she ever dated Mark. Now Sabrina and Mark, yes.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I read in her little blog with MSNBC earlier that there will be no fan votes next week...can anyone verify that?
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

There was a question on the DWTS Facebook feed - which TWO couples do you think will go home? Most of the respondents were split on the second couple, but many wanted Carrie Ann and Bruno to be the first couple eliminated.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

EXCLUSIVE: 'Dancing with the Stars' cutting back to one season a year - NYPOST.com

I guess an All-Star season wasn't such a bright idea after all. I wonder if this will make the show better or worse? ABC and the producers really need to get over the fact that they are never going to have the beloved advertisers ratings demo, no matter how many bad hip hop dances and skimpy costumes and horrible renditions of Lady GaGa and Justin Bieber they have.

ABC may be passing on the paso doble for a while.

“Dancing With the Stars” is talking about airing just once each year, in the spring, a production source tells The Post.

“They have to figure something out,” the insider says. “Maybe change the judges. The show needs a total makeover.”

After 15 editions since 2005, the once-top-rated talent show took a beating in the ratings during its “All-Star” season, which ended last month.

The finale drew 16.7 million viewers — a huge audience by most TV standards, but down almost three million from a year ago.

Total viewership for the past season was off by 20 percent.

Bringing back past champs Shawn Johnson, Emmitt Smith, Drew Lachey and the like seemed like “a great idea,” Disney CFO Jay Rasulo admitted this week at a financial conference in New York.

“Turns out people didn’t want to see people who could dance. They wanted people who couldn’t dance,” Rasulo said.

”We haven’t made a decision about fall yet,” an ABC spokeswoman said last night, “but we have no indication that it won’t be on the schedule.

“Dancing” is set to return with a new edition on March 18.

Former “Bachelorette” Emily Maynard is among the celebrities set to compete, according to reports published this week.

Unlike “American Idol” and “America’s Got Talent,” “Dancing” has undergone few changes in its seven-and-a-half-year run.

But lately, the show appears to be headed toward an inevitable changing of the guard. In September, longtime pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy announced that he will not return after his contract expires in 2013.

Cheryl Burke also told The Post that she may take time off to pursue reality TV.

And after finishing in second place with partner Johnson this season, three-time champ Derek Hough sounded like he was done, as well.

“There’s so much I want to do,” he revealed backstage. “Ten seasons of this . . . I’ve won three times. I feel like it’s conquered — and now on to the next.”

It is also unclear how much longer judges Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli will be interested in commuting weekly between LA and London, where they appear on “Strictly Come Dancing.”

“I would say making this show is more like surfing,” executive producer Conrad Green told The Post. “Everyone thinks you are a puppet master. But actually what you do is you follow the wave, rather than set the wave.".
    Last edited by karalott; 12-07-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Has anyone else read articles about Julianne Hough reporting she was abused as a child while living in London and studying dance? Gives me a very creepy feeling about her "mentor" . . . who is not mentioned in this article, but in a separate article is quoted as saying he did not think much of Julianne's relationship with Ryan Seacrest.

Read more: Julianne Hough says she was physically abused as a child

For actress and dancer Julianne Hough, her latest role in the film “Safe Haven” was a personal one.

Hough plays a victim of abuse in the film adaptation of the well-known Nicholas Sparks novel, and in the February issue of Cosmopolitan, the “Dancing With the Stars” champ revealed she was a victim of abuse when she was younger and living in the U.K.

"While I was in London, I was abused, mentally, physically, everything," she told the magazine.

She said the abuse got worse as she got older, “when I started hitting puberty, when I started becoming a woman and stopped being a little girl."

Hough said she was made to believe leaving London would lead to the demise of her career.

“I was told if I ever went back to the United States, three things were going to happen. One: I was going to amount to nothing. Two: I was going to work at Whataburger. And three: I was going to end up a slut. So, it was like, I can’t go back. I have to be this person.”

She added that she was a child at the time and was away from her parents to study dance at the prestigious Italia Conti Academy of Arts.

"I was 10 years old looking like I was 28, being a very sensual dancer. I was a tormented little kid who had to put on this sexy facade because that was my job and my life. But my heart was the same, and I was this innocent little girl. I wanted so much love."

Now, she has overcome her past and found love with “American Idol” host Ryan Seacrest.

“We love what we do. We take pride in giving it our all, but then when we’re alone, we really focus in on going to dinners and being extra-romantic and affectionate and just being there for each other.”

+ Reply to Thread