+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Until the ratings start to consider On Demand, DVR, and online viewing, I will continue to find them more and more meaningless. I usually DVR this show so I can fast forward through whatever doesn't interest me, such as Justin Bieber tonight.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Also, some local stations carried football instead of the premiere, which eats away at the show's numbers.

In terms of total viewers (not just the 18-49 demo, which is all that news sites care about), DWTS was still the most-watched show of the night, with a million or so more than The Voice.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Tonight's order/songs:

1st: Melissa/Tony (Jive "Shout")
    2nd: Bristol/Mark (Quickstep "Redneck Woman")
    3rd: Helio/Chelsie (Jive "Everybody Talks")
    4th: Apolo/Karina (Quickstep "Five Months, Two Weeks, Two Days")
    5th: Sabrina/Louis (Quickstep "Black Betty")
    6th: Kirstie/Maks (Jive ???)
    7th: Emmitt/Cheryl (Jive "A Cool Cat In Town")
    8th: Drew/Anna (Jive "Dance Dance")
    9th: Joey/Kym (Quickstep "Creep")
    10th: Shawn/Derek (Jive "The Nicest Kids In Town")
    11th: Kelly/Val (Quickstep ???)
    12th: Gilles/Peta (Jive "Don't Stop Me Now")

This is all from Pure DWTS. They said Kirstie's jive song is in French. The good part for me is that Bristol and Sabrina are going towards the beginning so the rest of my night can go well. Black Betty was last danced by Billy Ray Cyrus during season 4 when he did his paso (IIRC, that was the week he actually got praise from the judges, and the rehearsal video had Karina locking herself in the bathroom crying over what a hopeless case he was-even he admitted it must have been tough going from Mario Lopez to a "two left footed hillbilly") I think it's an interesting song choice for a quickstep, and I'm curious how it'll go. For me, I feel like it's one Sabrina could overdance to again. We'll see if the judges are in form like they were last week or if this week begins the anything goes approach and we see 10s for just being there.

I am worried about Kirstie's jive, but I guess I'll worry more once I hear the song. I feel like she has the fanbase (along with Maks) to pull it off. Not sure if it'll be easy to predict who comes home this week, even factoring in dancing. I think Drew will potentially get spared. My guess is Bristol will once again be in the bottom 3, maybe going home. Not sure who else I'd put there. Kelly and Joey would be my guesses, but they may get a reprieve for going towards the end and sticking out more.
    chrisg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Ugh, the Jive and the QS are my two least favorite dances. Don't know if I want to miss The Voice for this, but can't DVR it and FF. I DVR HIMYM and Mike & Molly, so I have to record/watch either DWTS or The Voice.

Thanks for the info, Kara. Emmitt said that he and Cheryl were doing the Quickstep on Twitter, though, so I wonder if Pure DWTS might be off about that one. The Cowboys are playing on Monday Night Football tonight, so it really helps me to know around what time Emmitt might be dancing so I can switch over to watch him although I'll definitely DVR the whole DWTS show.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Tonight's order/songs:

1st: Melissa/Tony (Jive "Shout")
    2nd: Bristol/Mark (Quickstep "Redneck Woman")
    3rd: Helio/Chelsie (Jive "Everybody Talks")
    4th: Apolo/Karina (Quickstep "Five Months, Two Weeks, Two Days")
    5th: Sabrina/Louis (Quickstep "Black Betty")
    6th: Kirstie/Maks (Jive ???)
    7th: Emmitt/Cheryl (Jive "A Cool Cat In Town")
    8th: Drew/Anna (Jive "Dance Dance")
    9th: Joey/Kym (Quickstep "Creep")
    10th: Shawn/Derek (Jive "The Nicest Kids In Town")
    11th: Kelly/Val (Quickstep ???)
    12th: Gilles/Peta (Jive "Don't Stop Me Now")

This is all from Pure DWTS. They said Kirstie's jive song is in French. The good part for me is that Bristol and Sabrina are going towards the beginning so the rest of my night can go well. Black Betty was last danced by Billy Ray Cyrus during season 4 when he did his paso (IIRC, that was the week he actually got praise from the judges, and the rehearsal video had Karina locking herself in the bathroom crying over what a hopeless case he was-even he admitted it must have been tough going from Mario Lopez to a "two left footed hillbilly") I think it's an interesting song choice for a quickstep, and I'm curious how it'll go. For me, I feel like it's one Sabrina could overdance to again. We'll see if the judges are in form like they were last week or if this week begins the anything goes approach and we see 10s for just being there.

I am worried about Kirstie's jive, but I guess I'll worry more once I hear the song. I feel like she has the fanbase (along with Maks) to pull it off. Not sure if it'll be easy to predict who comes home this week, even factoring in dancing. I think Drew will potentially get spared. My guess is Bristol will once again be in the bottom 3, maybe going home. Not sure who else I'd put there. Kelly and Joey would be my guesses, but they may get a reprieve for going towards the end and sticking out more.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Thanks for the info, Kara. Emmitt said that he and Cheryl were doing the Quickstep on Twitter, though, so I wonder if Pure DWTS might be off about that one. The Cowboys are playing on Monday Night Football tonight, so it really helps me to know where Emmitt is dancing so I can switch over to watch him although I'll definitely DVR the whole DWTS show.
    That was probably a typo on my part-all the cha cha couples from last week are doing the quickstep this week, and all the foxtrot people are doing the jive Which is why I really wish they'd give 2 dances for everyone before the first elimination, especially since they'd get one of each style in. Starting next week, Gilles could have 3 latin dances in a row, and Kelly 4 ballroom.

I'll be able to watch live tonight so I'll be recording The Voice.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    That was probably a typo on my part-all the cha cha couples from last week are doing the quickstep this week, and all the foxtrot people are doing the jive Which is why I really wish they'd give 2 dances for everyone before the first elimination, especially since they'd get one of each style in. Starting next week, Gilles could have 3 latin dances in a row, and Kelly 4 ballroom.

I'll be able to watch live tonight so I'll be recording The Voice.
    Oh, Good! I'll try and keep up with you guys online and the football game doesn't start until 8:30PM I think. I agree that the dances should ideally have more of a style balance, especially early on in the competition.
    karalott likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

So I guess next week isn't re-creating dances of the stars particular past, but rather re-creating dances of other stars past. Same music, but I'm going to guess different choreography/costumes/interpretation This is what they did season 11 for the 250th (?) episode, where they had the celebs dance to a former celebs song and dance, and that celeb sat on the panel as the 4th judge. So far, we have:

Kirstie/Maks (cha cha to "Moves Like Jagger"-last danced by Carson/Anna season 13)
    Bristol/Mark (paso doble to "Living on the Video"-Joanna/Derek's futuristic paso from season 9)
    Helio/Chelsie (quickstep)
    Apolo/Karina (foxtrot)

FORT Fogey

I just read an interview in which Bristol promised "something goofy" for next week. When I thought the assignment was to recreate your own classic dance, I had a sudden vision of those gorilla suits Bristol and Mark wore. But if they're doing the futuristic dance (or version thereof) that Derek choreographed, then that can't be. I'm really not sure how you'd make that goofy. Unless they put on C3PO and R2D2 suits for it or something.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Bristol/Mark (paso doble to "Living on the Video"-Joanna/Derek's futuristic paso from season 9)
    WHAT?

Oh boy, this should be EPIC and not in a good way! LOL
    AZChristian likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread