+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    There have been a lot of people who have come out in support of him too. I agree, I have no idea if this is true or not. I do think the timing is incredibly suspicious - right before AS, right after the Olympics and right as she has a book coming out that she needs to sell and publicize. Well, this will do it, that's for sure.
    I hope those who do support him are okay if this is all proven to be true. I don't like anyone that slaps a woman.No matter the timing. I see in a few forums , where those that like Maks have said that he has a temper. He has been leaving this show since 2007 , if he wants publicity, he got it .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm starting to think that Hope Solo is nothing more than a troublemaker. She's been in the news for causing trouble ever since the Olympics started. She's constantly accusing someone of something, & then there were the bad taste tweets during the Olympics.
    I think it's all a case of "look at me". Plus she's now trying to sell a book.
    I think she's just trying to stay in the spotlight. Instead she's coming off bad, really bad, & unbelievable.
    It's like the whole Boy Who Cried Wolf story. We just don't believe her anymore.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Hope Solo also complains that coach Greg Ray shoved -- Like Maks, he denies her charges. She bad mouths Brandi Chastain's ability and knowledge of the sport. I don't think I'd believe Hope Solo if her tongue came notarized. She clearly does not like to be criticized by anyone. I will not be reading her book.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I hope those who do support him are okay if this is all proven to be true. I don't like anyone that slaps a woman.No matter the timing. I see in a few forums , where those that like Maks have said that he has a temper. He has been leaving this show since 2007 , if he wants publicity, he got it .
    Agreed. But here's the thing for me. She says ABC knew about it and offered her another partner. If ABC knew about it why is Maks continually asked back? Again, not saying whether it is true or not - I have no idea. But if it is true and ABC knew about it, seems almost impossible to believe they would continue to hire him and support him. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen - again, if true. Which is why I am more than a little suspicious.
    karalott and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I'm starting to think that Hope Solo is nothing more than a troublemaker. She's been in the news for causing trouble ever since the Olympics started. She's constantly accusing someone of something, & then there were the bad taste tweets during the Olympics.
    I think it's all a case of "look at me". Plus she's now trying to sell a book.
    I think she's just trying to stay in the spotlight. Instead she's coming off bad, really bad, & unbelievable.
    It's like the whole Boy Who Cried Wolf story. We just don't believe her anymore.
    Well the season she was on, she was everyone's darling. Now, she comes out against Maks, and she isn't to be believed. I don't know the truth, I know I cringed when I saw them rehearse, so perhaps there is a grain of truth to the story. I know she was far more relaxed when she danced with one of the troupe and Derek. I don't hate Maks, I don't like him that much either.I am willing to bet , if this were Mark that was accused, everyone would jump all over him! I am glad its not him . jmho
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Agreed. But here's the thing for me. She says ABC knew about it and offered her another partner. If ABC knew about it why is Maks continually asked back? Again, not saying whether it is true or not - I have no idea. But if it is true and ABC knew about it, seems almost impossible to believe they would continue to hire him and support him. Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen - again, if true. Which is why I am more than a little suspicious.
    Exactly. And why would the producer be praising him during season 13, when this incident had already likely happened? I just think she's either lying or exaggerating. I didn't know anything about Hope before she came on the show. I felt sorry for her because I felt the judges were hard on her for no good reason (most of the time). I felt sorry for Maks because he wanted her as a partner, and it went to hell in a handbasket. They've been friends since the season ended, however, and he's tweeted and spoke of support of her after the show and leading up to the Olympics. If Maks were really that violent and a loose cannon, I just don't see them risking someone being seriously hurt or having this repeatedly happen, and give him some of the partners he's had. Also, I don't think he'd have the support of his former partners and formed the friendships with them. Mel B is one of his closest friends; I doubt she would be if she ever saw this side of him (heck, he wouldn't know what hit him if he crossed her )

Hope Solo also complains that coach Greg Ray shoved -- Like Maks, he denies her charges. She bad mouths Brandi Chastain's ability and knowledge of the sport. I don't think I'd believe Hope Solo if her tongue came notarized. She clearly does not like to be criticized by anyone. I will not be reading her book.
    My dislike for Hope started leading up to the Olympics, first when she talked about how the athletes village is one big spoon fest (that was already obvious, but it just seemed tacky to say it), then admitting she was drunk on the Today show (again, kind of tacky), and then criticizing Brandi Chastian, who I have far more respect for than I ever did Hope. Especially now. Scandal sells. It's all about selling her book.
    nanarama and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well the season she was on, she was everyone's darling. Now, she comes out against Maks, and she isn't to be believed. I don't know the truth, I know I cringed when I saw them rehearse, so perhaps there is a grain of truth to the story. I know she was far more relaxed when she danced with one of the troupe and Derek. I don't hate Maks, I don't like him that much either.I am willing to bet , if this were Mark that was accused, everyone would jump all over him! I am glad its not him . jmho
    If it were Mark & the accuser was someone like Shawn (universally loved) I'd still say "show me the footage, completely with sound so I could see what was said & the manner in which it was said". I can't help but question the motives behind an accusation like this, from anyone, especially someone who is constantly trying to stir the pot.

If it's proven true, completely with footage we can see & judge, I'll be ready to have them kick my beloved Maks to the curb! But I have HUGE doubts. Even if something did happen, it could have been nothing more than him moving her head or face to the correct position, & she grossly exaggerated it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    If it were Mark & the accuser was someone like Shawn (universally loved) I'd still say "show me the footage, completely with sound so I could see what was said & the manner in which it was said". I can't help but question the motives behind an accusation like this, from anyone, especially someone who is constantly trying to stir the pot.

If it's proven true, completely with footage we can see & judge, I'll be ready to have them kick my beloved Maks to the curb! But I have HUGE doubts. Even if something did happen, it could have been nothing more than him moving her head or face to the correct position, & she grossly exaggerated it.
    Well, you think one way, I think another. I know I saw him being cruel ( cruel ) during rehearsal, and that was dismissed as him being hard. Really? hmm
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Exactly. And why would the producer be praising him during season 13, when this incident had already likely happened? I just think she's either lying or exaggerating. I didn't know anything about Hope before she came on the show. I felt sorry for her because I felt the judges were hard on her for no good reason (most of the time). I felt sorry for Maks because he wanted her as a partner, and it went to hell in a handbasket. They've been friends since the season ended, however, and he's tweeted and spoke of support of her after the show and leading up to the Olympics. If Maks were really that violent and a loose cannon, I just don't see them risking someone being seriously hurt or having this repeatedly happen, and give him some of the partners he's had. Also, I don't think he'd have the support of his former partners and formed the friendships with them. Mel B is one of his closest friends; I doubt she would be if she ever saw this side of him (heck, he wouldn't know what hit him if he crossed her )

My dislike for Hope started leading up to the Olympics, first when she talked about how the athletes village is one big spoon fest (that was already obvious, but it just seemed tacky to say it), then admitting she was drunk on the Today show (again, kind of tacky), and then criticizing Brandi Chastian, who I have far more respect for than I ever did Hope. Especially now. Scandal sells. It's all about selling her book.
    I'll bet it was Maks that spiked the drink that almost got her removed from the Olympic Team! I don't believe a thing this woman says - she blames everyone else for her problems - she is a messed up beyotch! And I do hope the Maks non-supporters are OK when it turns out that there is no evidence that shows him as an abuser
    Florimel, ness, KatesMom and 1 others like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So much for an AS edition helping DWTS in the ratings. Since tonight's result show is 2 hours, I'm guessing they assumed ratings would go through the roof for the premiere:

'Revolution' crushes 'Hawaii,' 'Dancing' ratings dive | Inside TV | EW.com

NBC won Monday night in the demo, overall. Voice was down 11 percent from last week with the increased competition, which isnít bad. Voice hammered the premiere of ABCís Dancing With the Stars (14.6 million, 2.7), down 32 percent from last year despite airing an all-stars edition.

+ Reply to Thread