+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

I was one of the first to say I didn't want an AS.I think some posters thought it would be great- if I have to see returns and rejects, I will take a pass on that season.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'll definitely be passing on next season. Truthfully, I was only back this season because of DD. If they manage to get some of my favorites back on the show (Apolo, Erin, Shawn, Melissa R., plus a few more) then I would maybe consider it. Otherwise I don't plan on watching the show until another one of my favorite athletes appears.
    karalott likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I'll definitely be passing on next season. Truthfully, I was only back this season because of DD. If they manage to get some of my favorites back on the show (Apolo, Erin, Shawn, Melissa R., plus a few more) then I would maybe consider it. Otherwise I don't plan on watching the show until another one of my favorite athletes appears.
    I'm sure they'll have celebs back that I like, but it'll depend. If my absolute favorites wind up with the pros I dislike, and vice versa, simply for ratings and to make it seem like their original pro wasn't 'good enough', I'm out. I also don't care for them to increase all the stupid dances they have to do each week, just because it's an AS edition, they figure they can handle a marathon, team dance, relay, 2 individual dances, a freestyle, a wedding theme dance, and a dance from the songbook of Queen (or rather the band murdering Queen), all in the same night. I also hope that they leave dance duels/offs and judges input out of it more than the overinflated scores that are coming.

The majority of AS shows that I've watched were more of a let down and disaster. I think egos will be much higher, favoritism off the charts, the judges at their worst, and more negative rehearsal packages and tears coming. And if Sabrina is back, I am definitely out the second someone says 'everyone keeps talking about your elimination/you're the single most shocking moment ever/I can't believe you were voted off so early before and it's crazy if it happens again'. I think it'd be rather funny if she went out earlier than before

Louis van Amstel's weekly blog. Can he replace CA?

Louis Van Amstel’s ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Season 14 Dish: Semi-Finals - ABC News

Even though I appreciate Len’s words tonight about this Jive lacking content yet him loving it anyway, in past weeks when people were entertaining but lacked content he would tear them part. That is not fair. I’ve never said this before but tonight all performances were “9s,” in my opinion. Everyone did a good job tonight, but no “10s” for me tonight.
    A snippet from his comments on Donald's waltz:
    I just wish Bruno would be consistent in other weeks when it is the Jive against the Foxtrot or the Tango versus the Paso Doble! I like the fact the judges are being nice tonight but they are over-scoring. It wasn’t a “10″ level dance. As diplomatic as I sound, so far I would have given every couple so far “9s,” not a “10.”
    In weeks where I feel couples deserve “10s,” they get “8s” and “9s,” but in weeks when the dances lack energy and the performances have mistakes the judges are too liberal with their “10s.” Tonight, no one deserved a “10,” but there were other weeks where couples deserved “10s” but didn’t get them. Sometimes that’s so frustrating for the viewers and the couples.

karalott likes this.

Louis van Amstel
    Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas’ Salsa. I agree with Carrie Ann that this is much better than the first round. What a shame that Katherine fell. What I do appreciate about Katherine is that she keeps pushing her personal boundaries. She looks more daring and feisty in her Salsa. I hope Katherine is OK. This was the first score of the night that, in my opinion, was scored correctly, with three “9s.”
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I simply don't see how they didn't ride Mark for his untraditional choreography. It strayed farther from the required dance than Derek's Bollywood number did, and with Derek at least he had authentic Bollywood moves that flowed with the samba. Mark replaced salsa steps with more of his tired Michael Jackson imitations. IMO it wasn't a seamless dance routine on paper, let alone on the floor.

I think the judges just got thrown off-balance by Katherine's meltdown, and decided not to say anything.
    karalott and jucamer like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I simply don't see how they didn't ride Mark for his untraditional choreography. It strayed farther from the required dance than Derek's Bollywood number did, and with Derek at least he had authentic Bollywood moves that flowed with the samba. Mark replaced salsa steps with more of his tired Michael Jackson imitations. IMO it wasn't a seamless dance routine on paper, let alone on the floor.

I think the judges just got thrown off-balance by Katherine's meltdown, and decided not to say anything.
    They haven't called Mark out yet, and I don't think they're going to start now. I'm sure the meltdown did factor into the scores and critiques, though. In fact, I almost expected Bruno to give her a 10 out of pity. I got bored one night and decided to watch the ballroom battle videos on ABC, since I felt like ABC turned it into a 'blink and you miss it' piece of filler fluff. Anyway, Mark said in one of his video pieces that he was looking to change ballroom dance from being strictly traditional and being a founder (or something like that), of making it more contemporary. We've seen him do that on the show, except I think it fails. This is where I think Louis had a point about Len critiquing Maria's jive, and how some weeks something upsets the judges and makes them take off points, but weeks later, another couple does something similar and it's fine. They needed to reign Mark in a long time ago. I feel like it's his one man show, and the only reason he doesn't completely outshine Katherine is because her dancing could mirror the pros.
    ness likes this.

FORT Fogey

Maks must be delusional. That the producers of DWTS will discuss with the pros their intentions and plans and get input! They decide and if they ask you to sign on, you get to say yes or no. That's it. Like the CEO's of our places of business informs us of the direction they want to take the company and we have input. You want your job stay, if not, get another job. That's it. unless you are the CEO which Maks is not.

+ Reply to Thread