+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Mike Greenberg has campaigned to get on the show before. Maybe it'll finally happen. I wonder if he'd be on the Kenny Maybe scale of ESPN personalities or the Erin Andrews. I don't think having to dance with Anna is such a bad prize for losing a bet.

Nothing from Tom yet, though if he said something about a shocker, it could always be regarding Roshon. Which wouldn't exactly be any sort of a surprise, but given his high scores last night (second on the leaderboard?) they'd likely play it off as a surprise. Considering the poor kid has spent more time in the bottom 2 than any other couple, I'd be more surprised if he made it. I'm still going with Melissa/Roshon, or Melissa/Maria. But I'd love nothing more than to see Mark get the boot. Katherine does nothing for me, so I wouldn't even notice she was gone.

Last year he had to dress and sing as Justin Beiber.lol. Heinz ward and Jerry rice also critiqued Mike's uhm dancing. funny stuff. you have to watch it on espn.com
    karalott likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I believe if I heard correct on the local morning news that Donald will dance the waltz & samba next week.

Wikipedia has posted the dances for week 9:

Donald - Waltz, Samba
    Katherine - Quickstep, Salsa
    William - Tango, Samba
    Maria - Argentine Tango, Jive

All the remaining couples will also be involved in a "relay" (whatever that is).

Mike Greenberg has campaigned to get on the show before. Maybe it'll finally happen. I wonder if he'd be on the Kenny Maybe scale of ESPN personalities or the Erin Andrews. I don't think having to dance with Anna is such a bad prize for losing a bet.

Nothing from Tom yet, though if he said something about a shocker, it could always be regarding Roshon. Which wouldn't exactly be any sort of a surprise, but given his high scores last night (second on the leaderboard?) they'd likely play it off as a surprise. Considering the poor kid has spent more time in the bottom 2 than any other couple, I'd be more surprised if he made it. I'm still going with Melissa/Roshon, or Melissa/Maria. But I'd love nothing more than to see Mark get the boot. Katherine does nothing for me, so I wouldn't even notice she was gone.
    I'd love to see Mike Greenberg as a contestant. I've enjoyed watching him verbally spar with Mike Golic for years and I enjoyed his co-host appearance with Kelly. At this point, he's not good enough to win, but with a good partner, I think his dance can improve a lot.
    karalott likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    Wikipedia has posted the dances for week 9:

Donald - Waltz, Samba
    Katherine - Quickstep, Salsa
    William - Tango, Samba
    Maria - Argentine Tango, Jive

All the remaining couples will also be involved in a "relay" (whatever that is).
    They did relay dances in season 9. It's sort of like the marathon/team dance concept, where everyone dances the same dance style (although they don't dance together, it's all solos). The judges then rank the couples from 1-4, and they get points based on how they rank. And the judges don't take anyone out like they do the marathon dance, but the scoring is similar.

Looking at the latin dance styles, Donald/Katherine/William all have the same or similar dances, whereas Maria has the jive. I think her AT will be killer, but the jive may be a liability.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The judges then rank the couples from 1-4, and they get points based on how they rank.
    I bet we could rank them right now, without even seeing any of the dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I bet we could rank them right now, without even seeing any of the dancing.
    You read my mind We already know at least 2 of the couples that'll be in the finals, so what's the point in them even dancing next week.
    ness and AZChristian like this.

Louis van Amstel has been blogging each week for ABC. He's probably on CA's list now, but reasons like this why I love him:

Carrie Ann, why wouldn’t you care for Flamenco? It’s part of the Paso Doble character! Dance history is easily found on Google!
    Louis Van Amstel’s ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Season 14 Dish: Week 8 - ABC News
    ness, DancingDad and Nice'n'Easy like this.

+ Reply to Thread