+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree550Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Another Wikipedia update on the couples. They now report the following landscape:

Couple Dance Style Chosen Professional/Troupe Member
    Melissa & Maks Samba Val Chmerkovskiy
    Donald & Peta Jive Karina Smirnoff
    William & Cheryl Paso Doble Sharna Burgess
    Katherine & Mark Cha-Cha-Cha Tristan MacManus
    Roshon & Chelsie Paso Doble Emma Slater
    Maria & Derek Samba Henry Byalikov

FORT Fan

William in this video clearly said he has a MALE PRO completing the trio so Wikipedia is wrong about Sharna Burgess dancing with them.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

According to DWTSGossip, the trios are:

Donald/Peta/Karina
    Roshan/Chelsie/Sasha
    William/Cheryl/Tony
    Katherine/Mark/Tristan
    Maria/Derek/Henry
    Melissa/Maks/Val

Disappointed about the two troupe members, but maybe this will tell me if it's me or if those 2 really do mug and hog the camera during the dances. I am sort of surprised that any of the couples would pick someone from the troupe, or that the show would even have that option on the table. Which is why I think this also counts as an audition round for those two. Hopefully it fails.

Donald is dancing first, and William last tomorrow night. Now, I know William went third last week. But what's the deal with always saving him until last? We already know how the judges and audience will react, so that's not a huge surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Yikes. But it sounds like she's okay. I just don't think all these injuries as a result of pushing the celebs, whether they're ringers or not, is worth it. It's not fun to watch (I still cringe anytime I think of Hines/Kym's AT rehearsal gone wrong), and I think it just adds the stress to the celebs even more. Maria has god knows how many injuries, and who knows what her final tally will be. Melissa got a concussion and now Katherine. Maks hurt his foot and had a shoulder/groin the week Melissa got hurt. It makes me wonder if some celebs, especially athletes that are still working/competing would consider it worth it coming on the show. Look what happened to Misty May Treanor.
    jucamer likes this.

Did anyone else see Anna dancing on The Mike and Mike show on Espn this morning? Mike Greenberg loss the final 4 bet and had to dance with Anna. You can watch the entire dance on espn.com mike and mike
    karalott likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Oh I would just LOVE to see a Tom tweet that says there is a shocking elimination tonight & watch old Spatz flip his lid!
    Bet2Win and mandmmom2 like this.

Mike Greenberg has campaigned to get on the show before. Maybe it'll finally happen. I wonder if he'd be on the Kenny Maybe scale of ESPN personalities or the Erin Andrews. I don't think having to dance with Anna is such a bad prize for losing a bet.

Nothing from Tom yet, though if he said something about a shocker, it could always be regarding Roshon. Which wouldn't exactly be any sort of a surprise, but given his high scores last night (second on the leaderboard?) they'd likely play it off as a surprise. Considering the poor kid has spent more time in the bottom 2 than any other couple, I'd be more surprised if he made it. I'm still going with Melissa/Roshon, or Melissa/Maria. But I'd love nothing more than to see Mark get the boot. Katherine does nothing for me, so I wouldn't even notice she was gone.

+ Reply to Thread