+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

FORT Fanatic

Re: DWTS Media Thread

It's probably just a matter of time til they do an All Stars. That article posted said that Brooke told Rachel Ray she would love to be on an all star season. I would think that would be a conflict of interest though, since she is a co-host now. And depending on who else was on, I don't know if she would do as good as she did before, since she really didn't have much competition on her original season, IMO.

As I've said before I haven't watched since Nicole the pro won, and the judges and producers made sure she would win. That season was the beginning of the end for me, and reading about this season, they have gone to new lengths to manipulate to get the results they want. This show is a joke. I don't even know if I'd watch an All Stars version, it would really depend on who they had coming back. If Nicole were to come back, there would be no point in watching, because she would win again. They would make sure of it. And it's my opinion she should never have been allowed on in the first place, because she was as pro as pro can get.

As far as Sabrina, I never thought she was very good, and didn't understand all the hoopla when she was voted off. It made me happy, in fact, because I knew the judges weren't going to get their way with the winner that season. She stomped through every single step, was so heavy footed, and I just didn't care for her, and didn't think she was as good as the judges raved about.

The judges, well Carrie Ann and Bruno, have ruined this show, and the producer manipulation is blatant now. I read a little article the other day about the dance off, and every single comment under it was negative, and hated the idea and thought it was unfair and total rigging. They better start listening to their viewers, and quit dismissing them and their votes, if they want this show to go on.

As far as Sabrina, I never thought she was very good, and didn't understand all the hoopla when she was voted off. It made me happy, in fact, because I knew the judges weren't going to get their way with the winner that season. She stomped through every single step, was so heavy footed, and I just didn't care for her, and didn't think she was as good as the judges raved about.
    I don't even recall her, but then I didn't recall Erin and the stupid blindfold gimmick until a friend reminded me. Once they are off my TV and through entertaining, its over. I don't think about any of them until I am reminded.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't even recall her, but then I didn't recall Erin and the stupid blindfold gimmick until a friend reminded me. Once they are off my TV and through entertaining, its over. I don't think about any of them until I am reminded.
    Oh, Erin and Maks were one of my favorite partnerships on this show. And that leap off the stage onto Maks shoulder is the move that sticks out in my mind. That took guts, and total trust in your partner, and was an amazing moment.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    Oh, Erin and Maks were one of my favorite partnerships on this show. And that leap off the stage onto Maks shoulder is the move that sticks out in my mind. That took guts, and total trust in your partner, and was an amazing moment.
    I remember the blindfold, I don't remember the leap. I do think they have all had amazing moments
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Wikipedia has posted teh dances for next week. They are as follows:

Donald & Peta: Viennese Waltz, Team Paso Doble
    Roshon & Chelsie: Argentine Tango, Team Tango
    Melissa & Maks: Argentine Tango, Team Paso Doble
    Katherine & Mark: Rumba, Team Tango
    William & Cheryl: Viennese Waltz, Team Paso Doble
    Maria & Derek: Paso Doble, Team Tango
    Jaleel & Kym: Viennese Waltz, Team Tango

It was one of my favorites as well - Erin was petrified but she trusted Maks and that dance was just pure magic. They were my most favorite dance couple ever!!
    AZChristian likes this.

It's probably just a matter of time til they do an All Stars. That article posted said that Brooke told Rachel Ray she would love to be on an all star season. I would think that would be a conflict of interest though, since she is a co-host now. And depending on who else was on, I don't know if she would do as good as she did before, since she really didn't have much competition on her original season, IMO.

As I've said before I haven't watched since Nicole the pro won, and the judges and producers made sure she would win. That season was the beginning of the end for me, and reading about this season, they have gone to new lengths to manipulate to get the results they want. This show is a joke. I don't even know if I'd watch an All Stars version, it would really depend on who they had coming back. If Nicole were to come back, there would be no point in watching, because she would win again. They would make sure of it. And it's my opinion she should never have been allowed on in the first place, because she was as pro as pro can get.

The judges, well Carrie Ann and Bruno, have ruined this show, and the producer manipulation is blatant now. I read a little article the other day about the dance off, and every single comment under it was negative, and hated the idea and thought it was unfair and total rigging. They better start listening to their viewers, and quit dismissing them and their votes, if they want this show to go on.

Don't know what happened to your like button Bronwyn - ITA with all of your comments.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post

Florimel, I can't say I completely dislike Cheryl, but my opinion on her varies season to season anymore. I kind of find her a tad entitled and forgettable anymore. And she used to be my absolute favorite pro and choreographer, male or female, on this show. I'm not liking her with William, because I feel she's not using his full potential. This rumba they did was kind of a joke and she just tries to seem to want to bring out all his sexy and hope that gets them through. Obviously, it gets them a 10 from Bruno I enjoyed her partnership with Gilles, but he was such a natural, I think he would have excelled with anyone. I know he was injured (shoulder I think?) during the finale, so I can understand her not going all out with lifts and tricks for their freestyle. But she had done so much better, even with Cristian, who was also injured in his season in that round. I think she blew it for Gilles there, and considering that's the closest I can ever recall Tom saying the vote was, the freestyle might have actually been the make or break dance for the couples. Shawn's was the best, even though there were things I didn't like about it. If they were going to bring Gilles back, considering Cheryl's won twice and been pretty lucky in the celeb department, even if she's had her share of duds and early ousters, I'd rather see Gilles go to someone like Anna or Chelsie that doesn't always have that type of luck.
    I hear you, karaott. I certainly respect your opinion and can understand why you feel as you do. Cheryl is still one of my favorite female pros along with Kym, so I'd be disappointed to see Gilles paired with someone else. Not that I wouldn't watch anyway.

To be honest, Chelsie's choreography is not all that memorable for me, though I don't dislike her at all. I loved her on So You Think You Can Dance.

Just different perspectives, I guess, and there's nothing wrong with that.
    karalott likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't want to see any of them again.I don't like it when shows do this Big Brother, Survivor, now DWTS I don't need to see the same people dance again( jmho)
    I totally agree. Once was good, but a recycled contestants are boring. They got voted off previously for a reason...
    The only folks I'd be even the slightest bit interested in watching are the ones who were great in Week 1 or 2 but got voted out early because of smaller fanbases being spread too thin. I would've liked to have seen how Chynna Phillips or Kristin Cavalari progressed. No other names come to mind right now... I don't have a great memory.
    karalott and Jaceegirl like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I totally agree. Once was good, but a recycled contestants are boring. They got voted off previously for a reason...
    The only folks I'd be even the slightest bit interested in watching are the ones who were great in Week 1 or 2 but got voted out early because of smaller fanbases being spread too thin. I would've liked to have seen how Chynna Phillips or Kristin Cavalari progressed. No other names come to mind right now... I don't have a great memory.
    I know they don't technically count as AS, but I'd love to see Jewel and Nancy O'Dell get another chance. They were sidelined by injuries in season 8 before the premiere. I've seen some people mention Misty May-Treanor, and I agree with her as well. While we won't ever really know how any of these ladies would have done in their respective seasons, since they're up against a new group, I'd still like to see them get the chance to finish what they started. Some early ousters I'd like to see (good dancers and bad) are the model Anna was partnered with season 5 (can't remember his name but he was pretty good and had a fun sense of humor), Paulina Porizkova, who I think might have done better if she was competing today, Shannon Dorehty, Petra Nemcova, Steve Guttenberg, Sugar Ray Leonard, Florence Henderson (without Corky), Rachel Hunter...assuming they go through with this, I'd like to think they'd pick an even amount from throughout the seasons, and not just focus on the recent few. I also think attempting to partner former celebs and their pros is like them believing it'll be exactly the same as before and creating that same kind of magic and chemistry they had before.

On the majority of AS shows, my previous favorites wind up annoying me to the point where I'm rooting against them and can't believe I ever liked them in the first place, and then there are those that I couldn't stand before that I either start rooting for or who annoy me even more. I'd rather just keep my memories. If they wanted to do a one night special or results show performances with already eliminated pros and their previous partners, I'd be okay with that. I feel an AS season is coming, but I truly hope not.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-28-2012 at 03:38 AM.
    fireflyer and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread