+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree550Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Re: DWTS Media Thread

If they do an All-Stars, they need to 1) avoid any previous winners; 2) avoid the train wrecks who went home first for obvious reasons (like that rado DJ Mike whatshisname); and also keep the polarizing figures to a minimum. The whole cast should be filled with competitors, and the judges should put away their 8-10 paddles for at least the first few weeks.

Thus could be a really good thing, but if the judges don't reboot themselves and keep playing favorites and grading on curves, it could also be really bad...
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 04-25-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I think an all-star season could be fun if it consisted of first or second runners up. I'd love to see Maks with MelB, Gilles (but would he have to be with Cheryl?????,) Evan L with Anna, Joey Fatone with Kym, Tony with Melissa R or Stacy K. and so on. The level of dance would be quite high.
    KatesMom and jucamer like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Team dances are this week. The teams are Maria/Roshon/Jaleel/Katherine vs William/Melissa/Donald. Seems a little lopsided, but whatever. No word on the style, although I won't be surprised if one has more of a show stopping style and the other, not so much.

Regarding AS, I'm not entirely against the concept, but I know the producers will find a way to screw it up I think we'll see tongue baths, overscoring, and favoritism reaching record heights. And, I don't think TPTB will stray from casting any lead footed clunkers or controversial contestants. Plus, I don't want to see the begging and then the whining from contestants who want to participate but then aren't picked. Strictly does a Christmas special, in the past anyway, where they took previous contestants and just did a one night show. They picked a winner and everything. I wouldn't mind TPTB doing that, but not an entire season.

I don't want to see any of them again.I don't like it when shows do this Big Brother, Survivor, now DWTS I don't need to see the same people dance again( jmho)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I would love first or second runner ups. Maks and MelB. Anna and Evan. Cheryl and Gilles. Mark and Sabrina (just accept it, you know she's coming back). Derek with Lil Kim or Jennie Garth. Mario with Karina. Tony with Stacy. Chelsie with ? Ty Murray? Definitely not the best, but a real crowd favorite. Lacey with Kyle or Lance. Kym with Joey. Who else? There are plenty of others I would like to see, but I am assuming they would come back with their original pro. Wonder if Edtya, Alec, Louis would come back. Oh Louis with Kelly I would be ok with. Unfortunately other than Marie, Jonathan never made it that far - and I really don't want to see Marie back. Who else?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I have visions of Kate Gosselin on the phone right now calling the producers . . . and whining that she's a "star" and should be brought back. It would be the first time in the history of DWTS that a contestant would have to dance alone because none of the male pros would agree to "dance" with her - no matter how much they offer to pay then.
    karalott, mushybrain and Jaceegirl like this.

I'd love AS with second place finishers, but I don't think anyone should be teamed with their previous pro.
    karalott likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I could go with the top 4 finishers (as some of my favorites landed just outside the semis-Ralph Macchio, Jennie Garth, Brandy-although I'd rather see Maks with Mel, Kirstie, or Erin). Gilles with anyone but Cheryl, Evan, Kyle Massey, Chelsea Kane with anyone but Mark (I'd like to see her have a partner that actually showcases her and not themselves), Mel B, Joey Fatone, Warren Sapp, Lance Bass, Jason Taylor. Regardless, I'd still rather have a new cast. And I know there's no way they'll do an AS cast without Sabrina Bryan Poor Tony has pretty slim pickings with partners that went far. I doubt Stacey would do it, now that she's dating George Clooney. She also said once she'd never come back and dance with anyone but Tony. I don't really want to see Melissa Rycroft again. The only other option for Tony is Marissa Winokour. I don't really think the producers would limit it to the pros and pairing them with their previous partners and that being it. We'd probably get new combos.

FORT Fogey

I'd LOVE an all-stars show. Only thing is, there are too many that I'd want to see.

This show needs a boost - as does Biggest Loser. This might be just the ticket.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I could go with the top 4 finishers (as some of my favorites landed just outside the semis-Ralph Macchio, Jennie Garth, Brandy-although I'd rather see Maks with Mel, Kirstie, or Erin). Gilles with anyone but Cheryl, Evan, Kyle Massey, Chelsea Kane with anyone but Mark (I'd like to see her have a partner that actually showcases her and not themselves), Mel B, Joey Fatone, Warren Sapp, Lance Bass, Jason Taylor. Regardless, I'd still rather have a new cast. And I know there's no way they'll do an AS cast without Sabrina Bryan Poor Tony has pretty slim pickings with partners that went far. I doubt Stacey would do it, now that she's dating George Clooney. She also said once she'd never come back and dance with anyone but Tony. I don't really want to see Melissa Rycroft again. The only other option for Tony is Marissa Winokour. I don't really think the producers would limit it to the pros and pairing them with their previous partners and that being it. We'd probably get new combos.
    Why Gilles with anyone but Cheryl? They made a superb pair, and I just don't get the dislike for her. There is not one pro I dislike except for Mark. There was a time I did not like Karina, but she's not the same as she used to be; I quite like her now. I would hope she would not revert if teamed again with Mario Lopez.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread