+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I get to watch Erin and Maks again
    I don't get GSN, so I'm jealous Especially since I didn't start recording the show until season 7. I'd highly recommend watching season 4 and 5 especially, for those who haven't seen them. Season 5 was, for me, the last enjoyable fall season, even if I'd rather forget the outcome. But Mel/Maks is what turned me into the die hard Maks fan. I loved their first meeting when her first words to him were 'you're the one in love with yourself'. I think that was the partnership that started chipping away at Maks's bad boy image. The dances in those early seasons are in a league of their own compared to the ones we've seen lately. I can remember a lot more about the dances back then than I can now (something else that's been lacking). I'd also check out season 8 and Gilles () to those who haven't seen it. That was a really great season as well, with Lil Kim, Ty, Gilles, and Shawn. I just got thinking, season 8 was when Maks/Karina were engaged, and there was a big deal made that season about all the couples that would be dancing (Ty Murray/Jewel, the married couple, though Jewel dropped out due to an injury; Maks/Karina, the engaged couple who gave some amazing pro performances-especially loved them dancing with Dmitry and Tony to Maneater; and Chuck Wicks/Julianne, who split I think less than a year later-and this was Julianne's last season). Season 4 was the first time Val ever did this show in a pro number. He looks so young in watching that clip on Youtube. I know youtube has every dance of all the seasons somewhere, but sometimes the video packages or Tom's one liners that aren't there were the best.

BBC America at one time re-ran the first 3 seasons. I wish they'd do that again. I get that network
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Just saw a clip on Access Hollywood from Becoming Chaz in which Chaz Bono proposed to his girlfriend. Her reaction seemed less than enthusiastic to me. She looked at the ring and said, "Oh, wow. It's beautiful. Thank you." Didn't exactly hear a "yes" or an "I love you" in there, but I guess she must have accepted eventually, because they referred to Chaz as being engaged.

So I read that Lacey's dad had a heart attack over the weekend Reportedly, he's okay, though he's still in the hospital and undergoing tests. Here's hoping he has a speedy recovery. I was never a Lacey fan until this season, but Chaz brought out a side to her I really enjoyed. And I loved seeing her dad in there helping him out during samba week and dancing with Chaz during the finale. I think he helped Chaz loosen up and find his fun, carefree side to this show (until Bruno went and called him a penguin and turned it sour). Get well quick Buddy!

FORT Fogey

I'll second the good wishes going out to Buddy and Lacey and their family. Incidentally, Lacey's dad helped choreograph figure skater Jeremy Abbott's short program to swing music this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Just saw a clip on Access Hollywood from Becoming Chaz in which Chaz Bono proposed to his girlfriend. Her reaction seemed less than enthusiastic to me. She looked at the ring and said, "Oh, wow. It's beautiful. Thank you." Didn't exactly hear a "yes" or an "I love you" in there, but I guess she must have accepted eventually, because they referred to Chaz as being engaged.
    I noticed that too.

Just heard an ad on TV: Derek will be the guest co-host on Live with Kelly this Monday, 12/5.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Really? That's awesome. That boy is quick on his feet, will he be able to keep up the pace with Kelly? Come to think of it, they would look adorable together. Hope he does well.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Karina Smirnoff and Brad Penny Kaput? Dancer Plays Hide-the-Ring in Vegas - E! Online

Karina Smirnoff and Brad Penny Kaput? Dancer Plays Hide-the-Ring in Vegas
    Today 2:00 PM PST by Natalie Finn

Ball four, Karina Smirnoff is walking.

A couple months after supposedly "postponing" their wedding plans, the Dancing With the Stars champ and Detroit Tigers pitcher Brad Penny have called off their engagement for good and are going their separate ways, a source close to the ex-couple tells E! News.

"They are just two different people," the source says simply.

It's understandable if Smirnoff, who was doing promotional appearances in Las Vegas over the weekend, didn't want to make a big deal about it. So is that why she was playing peekaboo with her ring?

Sources tells E! that Smirnoff would wear her engagement diamond during photo ops, but would remove it when the cameras were off.

Smirnoff donned a Santa hat and basked in the glow of her first DWTS win at the inaugural Winter in Venice celebration put on by the Venetian and the Palazzo, where she posed for pictures with fans and sipped hot chocolate in front of a 65-foot Christmas tree.

Reps for her and Penny have not responded to requests for comment. The first announced their engagement in October 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Really? That's awesome. That boy is quick on his feet, will he be able to keep up the pace with Kelly? Come to think of it, they would look adorable together. Hope he does well.
    He was pretty good.I didnt see it all He was talking about weight loss throughout the competition, he said its was mostly nerves ( including himself) he looks pretty good in People with a very nice six pack( great abs)

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Poor Derek. I used to watch Live every morning, and loved Kelly. But she wouldn't let the poor guy talk at all. When she finally gave him a chance, there she was--talking over him again. I loved the end with Paula Deen. Paula was more interested in Derek than Kelly.

As for Karina and her groom-to-be? Not surprised at all. She is not the first person to "date" someone that could enhance her career. You'd think that she would date someone more high-profile if that was the case.

I did laugh and hope that the "shaking" of the magazine would produce results too. That was probably the funniest moment.

+ Reply to Thread