+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    All of the couples usually come back to dance - can't wait to see Maks and Val!
    Me too! Plus, Tristan, Tony, Carson, Anna, and David. Is it wrong I can't remember some of the celebs who've been booted? I think that's a first for me. I hope they get a number together. It was great seeing them in the audience last night, along with Kirstie and Evan. I think I saw Chelsea Kane getting into J.R.'s freestyle last night, too.

Carson mentioned way back he'd consider dancing with one of the guys during the finale. It's not that far fetched of an idea (Steve and Jonathan's Man-go anyone?) I wonder if he'll be doing a number with those two. That would be fun

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

'Dancing's' mirror ball trophy goes to ... - Entertainment - Reality TV - TODAY.com
    There was also an over-the-top “Vogue” number from Carson Kressley that both wowed the crowd and fulfilled one of the fashion guru’s dreams — to dance with a Chmerkovskiy. (Val, for those keeping track of the ballroom brothers. And who isn’t?)
    Dancing with the Stars Episode Guide 2011 Season 13 - Dancing With the Stars, Episode 23 | TVGuide.com
    They draw Mirrorballs, and J.R. will go first and Rob, second. That's right. Rob Kardashian will dance the final dance of the season. Who had money on that in August? That can only be topped if he wins, which honestly is not out of the question at all.
    Dancing With The Stars 2011 final result: J.R. Martinez lifts Mirrorball Trophy | Mail Online

Who Won Dancing With the Stars Season 13? - Dancing With The Stars

Backstage at DWTS: Where Will J.R. Martinez Keep His Trophy? Are Rob and Ricki Disappointed? - E! Online
    Last edited by TIA__MA; 11-23-2011 at 09:59 AM.

FORT Fogey

Just saw the DWTS after party on GMA. Highlights:

--Carson leading a conga line through the control room

---Derek and J.R. discussing being included on People's sexiest men list. Derek was embarrassed about how low his pants looked in the photo and pointed out that the harness that was holding him upside down was pulling his jeans down as well. J.R. talked about how it meant a lot to him to be on the list because of how disfigured he first felt after his injuries and how he had worried that he'd never be able to have a relationship again because no one would want to look at him.

---J.R. talking about all the practical jokes they played on each other, particularly Cheryl. But they also hid Rob's phone, and according to Cheryl, he wouldn't rehearse until he found it, and it took him two hours to find it. To be fair, they also brought cupcakes to Cheryl for her birthday.

---Chloe Kardashian pointing out that the important thing was that Rob still beat Kim (this was via tape).

---Derek explaining that he ran up to lift J.R. on his shoulders after he won and then belatedly realized that was going to be a lot harder than he thought as he started the lift. Said he doesn't exactly know how he managed it, but he got him up there somehow.

---J.R. announcing that he and Rob were joining the troupe, so they had to practice dancing without their shirts.

---Cheryl saying Rob had promised her he would go on a diet after the show. Rob saying that would have to wait until after Thanksgiving.

---A little girl saying that J.R. was her "best one" the whole season and asking what his longest rehearsal with Karina was. The answer? Twelve hours. You could tell that J.R. was happy that she liked him--think it goes back to those initial post-accident worries that his appearance would scare people.

---Surprisingly, the encore dances weren't that great. R/D did the best, I think because they were in hold more of the time (the dance floor was really small, so when the other couples separated, there was just no where for them to go). I don't know what was going on with J.R. but at one point, he gave Karina the giggles, and then he just kind of lost it.

---Karina and Ricki both confirming they still had weddings coming up. Ricki hasn't really started planning hers at all yet. I was hoping Rob would make a joke about how he could get them a deal on some slightly used wedding decorations, but I suppose Kim/Kris would have strangled him if he had.
    TIA__MA likes this.

I don't know if Rob lasting longer than Kim is any big accomplishment. True, he lasted a lot longer than her, but she was gone week 2 (3rd person booted). That wasn't too hard to accomplish.

Carson If the show doesn't bring him back, hopefully he crashes the show.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I don't know if Rob lasting longer than Kim is any big accomplishment. True, he lasted a lot longer than her, but she was gone week 2 (3rd person booted). That wasn't too hard to accomplish.

Carson If the show doesn't bring him back, hopefully he crashes the show.
    I like Jerry Rice, but maybe it's time to replace Jerry on Dance Center with Carson.
    karalott, Coco46 and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I like Jerry Rice, but maybe it's time to replace Jerry on Dance Center with Carson.
    Kenny has seemed kind of bored the last couple of seasons (but maybe that's just him, too ) It'd be hard to see a shake up, but I'd love to see Carson added, even if he was the 4th person. He's just too good. I forgot that he wasn't even supposed to be part of this season but stepped in at the last minute-hard to imagine this season being any worse, but it would have been!

For anyone that gets GSN, is going through DWTS withdrawl, and wants to catch up on DWTS going back to season 4 until now:

Deadline.com » Blog Archive » GSN Acquires Off-Network Rights To ABC’s ‘Dancing With The Stars’

Game Show Network has acquired the exclusive off-network rights to ABC’s hit reality series Dancing With The Stars from Disney-ABC Domestic Television. GSN has picked up seasons 4 through the current 13, which wraps tonight on ABC, and will begin airing them in January 2012. (For those who wonder why the first 3 seasons of the show are not part of the agreement, they were not available over rights issues.)

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Kenny has seemed kind of bored the last couple of seasons (but maybe that's just him, too ) It'd be hard to see a shake up, but I'd love to see Carson added, even if he was the 4th person. He's just too good. I forgot that he wasn't even supposed to be part of this season but stepped in at the last minute-hard to imagine this season being any worse, but it would have been!

For anyone that gets GSN, is going through DWTS withdrawl, and wants to catch up on DWTS going back to season 4 until now:

Deadline.com » Blog Archive » GSN Acquires Off-Network Rights To ABC’s ‘Dancing With The Stars’

I get to watch Erin and Maks again
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I get to watch Erin and Maks again
    I hope I remember to watch when this starts airing. Would love to see Apolo and Julianne again. They and Erin and Maks are my favorite two couples from this series. Apolo is still my favorite winner of the seasons I have watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post

I would agree he could be added but I love that trio - just deadpan enough to be hilarious. But Jerry and Carson would fight over the wardrobe I'm sure..

FORT Fogey

I'm watching the National Dog Show. John O'Herlihy (from Season 1) just did a feature where he taught various small dogs to ballroom dance. Th last dog was a Chinese Crested who was shaking a bit in his arms. Of her, he said, "Look, she even has the Jennifer Gray tear in the corner of her eye. Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

He was in a snazzy tux while dog dancing, by the way.

+ Reply to Thread