+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree549Likes

Thread: DWTS In The Media

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

I really do not see how JR could lose this unless ABC just wants drama to get the fans sturred up. ABC is my least favorite network because fans seem to not matter at all anyways so who knows.

As far as Derek goes, I do not see the attraction either. I absolutely think he looks like a boy trying to be a man. The facial hair is really bad, and he really needs to do some growing up. Maks does come across as brass, but he does not get the attention that Derek gets. I mean Derek wins DAD every single season he is on, and gets a decent partner every single season he is on. They even had him and his sister have a dance together. It must get old after awhile to know you can dance just as well, but have to try and showcase your talents with a star who is completely inept at dancing. Tony, I have been told, is one of the nicest people, and you can even see and feel his frustration. How he has stuck around this long on this show is crazy to me. He has only truly gotten one good dancer and that was Stacy Kiebler. He only got Melissa by default.

FORT Fogey

I'm watching GMA right now. Carson is going to be on--they've already shown him bopping along to the music on the jumbo screen--and he'll be accompanying the winners back from L.A. for GMA tomorrow morning. I hadn't thought about this before, but I hope the winners still have time to get wherever they'd prefer to be for Thanksgiving.

FORT Fogey

On GMA, Carson proposed to Josh Elliot (by holding up a sign asking him to marry him after a trio of young women had done the same thing) and continued to embarrass him as much as possible for the rest of the interview, though George Stephanapoulus was actually asking the questions--and he needs to be more careful of his word choice too. He actually asked Carson if he'd ever thought that Rob would "end up on top." Carson's obviously a better person than I am, because he didn't respond with, "On top of the leader board or on top of Carrie Ann?" George also referred to Ricki as being "solid," which is perhaps not the best way to refer to a woman who's lost a noticeable amount of weight during the show.

Carson said nice things about everyone--and he even liked D/R's freestyle outfits, which I couldn't quite believe, because I didn't think the bottom half of Ricki's dress flattered her or showed off her new figure at all, which was kind of the point, I should think, of her breaking through an old photo of herself, ala The Biggest Loser. He did say that he still thought J.R. should win and that the judges seem to hold him to a higher standard, because he's been so good from the beginning, and come down on any mistake he makes.

But here's the best news: Carson makes what he referred to as his "glorious return to the dance floor" tonight (one assumes with Anna) and that there would be big surprises he couldn't reveal, because everyone had to watch the show. Oh please let one big surprise be that he's taking over for Brooke or at least being added to the hosting staff so they can ease Brooke into a role to which she's more suited: standing there like a mannequin, looking all pretty in her dress, while Carson and Tom handle the actual talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    But here's the best news: Carson makes what he referred to as his "glorious return to the dance floor" tonight (one assumes with Anna) and that there would be big surprises he couldn't reveal, because everyone had to watch the show.
    I could have totally misheard but I thought I heard Tom say everyone was coming back tonight to dance one more number. I wouldn't swear to it, but that's what I thought I heard.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    I could have totally misheard but I thought I heard Tom say everyone was coming back tonight to dance one more number. I wouldn't swear to it, but that's what I thought I heard.
    That's what they've done in the past, but they switch things up so much, I wasn't sure--and I quite possibly missed Tom saying that last night.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post

All of the couples usually come back to dance - can't wait to see Maks and Val!
    karalott and TIA__MA like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    All of the couples usually come back to dance - can't wait to see Maks and Val!
    '

Thanks hank the x factor is on the same time

Pinch me. No really would someone pinch me!???

Totally hilarious - Carson in a Chmerkovskiy sandwich. Lucky!

+ Reply to Thread